CBFM Buddy

Tink, at least it is a way forward. are they going to fund IUI? IUI is more natural than IVF, conception still takes place inside of you

Iui is just to help the little men get close without using up their energy. And its way less invasive than ivf.

Briss (probably) and I are looking at ICIS which is as far from a natural conception as you can yet. If iui was an option id take it. The reason it's not, and the reason it's suggested for you, is because they recommend the treatment that is likely to put a baby in your arms, and not waste your time.

As Briss said, it still happens inside you. There is still competition amongst the sperm. The only difference is that shagging isn't the way they got in. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy bd, and if you do it 3 days before iui, and the evening of there's still a chance that sperm deposited by your hubby will be the ones to fertilize the egg.

But I understand that it is devastating news. I cried all evening after my fs appoint. Make sure you're honest to hubby with how you're feeling. And remember that it will be all worth it when you bring your son/daughter home from the hospital.

So, given that as the 3 of us move forward the cbfm is going to be less important (what with blood tests and scans to confirm ovulation/egg retrieval time), and with the others up the duff already, are we just going to hijacking this thread and still talk, and keep piano company?

I think I'm too scared to join an ivf thread at the moment. Lttc threads are always so depressing. At least in here there's a semblance of hope, and an awesome success rate!

Briss, when do you see an fs to sort out ivf?

If my vote still counts I say we stay!!! :happydance: we are all on this journey together and until the very last one of us gets their bfp we should finish it together right here where we started, doesn't matter what the thread is named, or supposedly about, we are all friends here and it's a great place to keep in touch :hugs: xxx

P.s I see we have all been very very busy bees! So happy things are moving forward even if they aren't going the way you want them to its great to know the end (and a new beginning) is in sight :happydance: x

Well said Chicky, I second that!!
Ladies, those bfp's are just around the corner! Don't disappear, I want to witness you getting them!!

let's stay! beside I continue with CBFM for the time being

I am not sure about my FS, last time I talked to her it was July and she told me my time was running out and I was upset and blamed the operation for my high FSH etc, so we did not part on good terms and I was supposed to get hubby to repeat his sperm test (which he did not) and improve my FSH (which I hopefully did). but in any case I think I want to do natural cycle IVF and I do not think I can get funding for this via NHS so I should probably just go directly to an IVF clinic. I mentioned to hubby that it may cost around 5,000 pounds and he suggested we go to Spain... he thinks it will be cheaper on the continent, i think it is ridiculous I have no idea about clinics in spain.

I joined a new thread on IVF, but unfortunately the lady who started it was not successful, medication did not work they over-suppressed her ovaries and she did not produce any follicles while naturally without medication she seemed to be doing just fine. this ivf business is so confusing

I am not sure about my FS, last time I talked to her it was July and she told me my time was running out and I was upset and blamed the operation for my high FSH etc, so we did not part on good terms and I was supposed to get hubby to repeat his sperm test (which he did not) and improve my FSH (which I hopefully did). but in any case I think I want to do natural cycle IVF and I do not think I can get funding for this via NHS so I should probably just go directly to an IVF clinic. I mentioned to hubby that it may cost around 5,000 pounds and he suggested we go to Spain... he thinks it will be cheaper on the continent, i think it is ridiculous I have no idea about clinics in spain.

I joined a new thread on IVF, but unfortunately the lady who started it was not successful, medication did not work they over-suppressed her ovaries and she did not produce any follicles while naturally without medication she seemed to be doing just fine. this ivf business is so confusing

Natural ivf? And I have a friend who's had ivf in Athens, remember me telling you? Anyway unfortunately it wasn't successful but they were fantastic and as she's also had ivf here couldn't believe the difference in how the clinics operate! Sadly for her she just cannot get the embies to implant :cry: and also if you have it done abroad they are more lenient on how many you can transfer back, I'd say its worth looking into, plus you get to spend some time just you and hubby in the sun at the same time :happydance: x

Natural ivf? And I have a friend who's had ivf in Athens, remember me telling you? Anyway unfortunately it wasn't successful but they were fantastic and as she's also had ivf here couldn't believe the difference in how the clinics operate! Sadly for her she just cannot get the embies to implant :cry: and also if you have it done abroad they are more lenient on how many you can transfer back, I'd say its worth looking into, plus you get to spend some time just you and hubby in the sun at the same time :happydance: x

would not it be more expensive? you have to pay for the hotel etc, besides how can you understand what's going on without speaking the language?

natural IVF is when they do not stimulate the ovaries but just follow my natural cycle and wait for one follicle to mature and then retrieve an egg from that one follicle and do ICIS. obviously because there is just one egg the odds of conception are lower (but higher than by just BD) and also there is a risk that I ovulate early and they miss the egg.

Not for them, they were looking at cycles costing 10,000+ here because of what their treatment entailed, their treatment in Athens inc all hotel stays was about 3,500 plus a few odd pounds and pence. The clinic actually sent them a list of pre approved hotels in the city based on different star ratings, and board basis and that was it. The extra expenses were their flights which weren't very much with easy jet especially as they new dates so could book in advance and any drugs she needed in the uk. Oh and on her first scan there they discovered she had a septum in her uterus so surgery was :hugs:xperformed there and then to remove it. They couldn't believe uk docs hadn't sorted it before her treatment as apparently ivf isn't very successful with a septate uterus, well conception isn't either but you know what I'm getting at. Wouldn't so any harm to look into it, the only difficulty you may have is time off work, they both have their own companies and staff to cover, so going over 3/4 times wasn't an issue for them

Thanks ladies.

The NHS will fund 3 attempts at IUI for us and one attempt at ICSI. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful they want to help, but I think the reason for them not giving me something to stimulate ovulation is hubby's second SA but tbh with the contrast between the two I reckon it was either a bad day (tho morphology has improved) I reckon motility was poor as he prob didn't take keeping them really warm seriously...

We discussed it when we got home and he felt the same way about them helping me and seeing how we get on (it also gives me a little time to get my head around it all and have at least 1 month in my new job- clinic shuts over xmas for 2 weeks anyway so nothing would happen before then). We also realised that I can't have the hsg until they do something with my periods because I bleed for too long to have it between days 3 and 10 as has to be then apparently and not allowed to be bleeding. So if they sort my periods out would be able to have that after say 2 cycles of clomid and then that and the clomid may be enough.. Hubby phoned them anyway and we'll get an answer Tuesday :)

Briss if I were paying for ivf I'd prob like to do it abroad- it would be really relaxing and noone would know what you were doing (this is my other issue with treatment-noone in the family knows we are trying). Doesn't sound that expensive either :happydance:

Exil I agree we should stay- I'm too scared! Lol this is the only thread I post in :haha:

I seem to be the odd one out. I've been honest with family and friends. The can't relate, but at least if ttc has caused me to have a bad day they can sympathise.

I've also warned them that Jan/feb I am likely to have hefty mood swings. I think it takes some of the pressure off.

Haven't told H2b's parents that we were trying, but that I was having a different medical issue looked at that showed the reduced chance of conception, and that we'll be going forward with ivf. They have views about pre marital sex, but at the same time I don't want them thinking that their son is being tricked into marrying a barren gold digger or something (not that he has money)

Tink, here's hoping that you never get tp the iui!

Briss, if you decide to go a fully holiday I can recommend a good clinic in south Australia, and also can provide 1 or 2 rooms in a lovely house in the countryside :)

BTW, offer extends to any of you girls who find yourself down under!

Exil that's really brave of you to share your struggle. I am too worried about upsetting my mum as I know she would worry, and I am close to my auntie too.. I think if we get to the stage of needing actual treatment I will say something.. I guess I still wanted it to be a surprise when I announced the pregnancy to them.

It doesn't help with the new job, and they'll say its a silly time etc (it is, but I didn't plan it like this).

Thanks I'm hoping we don't need it to, but now I've thought about it's nice having it as a back up. I still think they should repeat the analysis on site... if we had some more pennies I'd pay for another private one and see how that improved (we prob should've gone with that clinic but it's centre of town and parking is a bitch).

Aww that's a really kind offer Exil! Probably a long way to go backwards and forwards for treatment though. I have been to Western Australia twice and adore it :cloud9:

Not for them, they were looking at cycles costing 10,000+ here because of what their treatment entailed, their treatment in Athens inc all hotel stays was about 3,500 plus a few odd pounds and pence. The clinic actually sent them a list of pre approved hotels in the city based on different star ratings, and board basis and that was it. The extra expenses were their flights which weren't very much with easy jet especially as they new dates so could book in advance and any drugs she needed in the uk. Oh and on her first scan there they discovered she had a septum in her uterus so surgery was :hugs:xperformed there and then to remove it. They couldn't believe uk docs hadn't sorted it before her treatment as apparently ivf isn't very successful with a septate uterus, well conception isn't either but you know what I'm getting at. Wouldn't so any harm to look into it, the only difficulty you may have is time off work, they both have their own companies and staff to cover, so going over 3/4 times wasn't an issue for them

thanks Chicky, certainly something to think about. I spent hours and hours researching various london clinics and finally got some understanding where I can consider doing the treatment. it's a bit daunting to start doing the same in europe, not even sure what country in europe we are talking about. how did your friend chose the clinic? why greece? did they consider any other countries? to be honest money is not such a big issue cos my DH can certainly afford to spend 5,000 on the treatment, he is now considering buying a camera for 6,000! i think he is just being difficult... :(

Exilius, thanks so much for the offer, that's really sweet of you!

I shared my struggles with my mum and brother but no one else knows.

If we will be paying ourselves it's only for natural cycle IVF which is much cheaper because it's not medicated and most costs of IVF come from paying for stimulation drugs. I am now researching how traumatic egg retrieval is cos with natural cycle it may take a few attempts but you can do them every cycle.

They chose based on recommendations online and clinic reviews, i think :shrug: I remember her saying she had found it online! And initially they were going to Jordan, her hubby is Arab and speaks the lingo but found this one to be better and closer, no brainer really :hugs: x

Good luck to those of you considering treatment. i'm a bit quiet these nights as there's nothing much to report. today it's my 2nd peak, we only tried the day before but i did not do much effort as i got up afterwards to go to the loo. i wanted to sleep asap. and no cusions used to raise my butt. We'll see. i'm now sort of resigned to the idea that i might need some medical help.... not really keen on that!

Good luck to those of you considering treatment. i'm a bit quiet these nights as there's nothing much to report. today it's my 2nd peak, we only tried the day before but i did not do much effort as i got up afterwards to go to the loo. i wanted to sleep asap. and no cusions used to raise my butt. We'll see. i'm now sort of resigned to the idea that i might need some medical help.... not really keen on that!

Piano don forget the month we caught was the one we supposedly did everything wrong!!! If its time, it's time and it'll get through no matter what xxx:hugs:

Piano don forget the month we caught was the one we supposedly did everything wrong!!! If its time, it's time and it'll get through no matter what xxx:hugs:

Thanks Chicky! we'll see, only time can tell.

Briss truth be told I'm petrified of the retrieval, and the et. If I was freaking out and In pain for the hsg I dread to think what it will be like! But it will be worth it if we get to have a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->