CBFM Buddy

unfortunately I was forced to learn more about sperm then I ever wanted to know :) sperm generally gets worse after 45 and even if a guy had children when he was younger after that age more and more of his sperm will have chromosomal abnormalities and wont be able to fertilise the egg or even if they do it will end up being mc. I mean obviously I am talking averages here, a lot of men have kids after 45 and no issues. If possible I'd really want a 20+ year old cos their sperm count should be really high and the quality excellent (unless they are on drugs or something). But I'd feel so awkward to deal with such a young person :)

the one night stand thing is an excellent example, i totally get it. I am just so risk averse that it's against my nature but it's great that I can ask questions I am sure I will ask enough to get comfortable.

I agree CD8 is quite early. do you have any EWCM?

I am waiting for my CBFM to PEAK. probably tomorrow. We BD every day but I do not think there's any point to be honest.

yes i am too worried to use a younger guy, we had a 23 year old ask if wanted his help but he looked like one of those pretty boys, that liked a bit of fun lol, I know it is wrong to judge someone by their looks but I was young once and know what lads are like haha,

No EWCM as of yet, but its a mixture of watery and creamy but maybe thats because AF only finished 2 days ago so will change towards Ovulation i am sure :)

and your seem to be ok asking me questions, so you will be ok talking to a donor about them too as most of the awkward questions are done via that site or email :happydance:

Pixie, I am totally OK asking questions on B&B cos everyone is so open and helpful here. Talking to a donor is slightly different but I am sure I will be fine once it gets to it. I am still trying to get my head around it. DH is being his perfect self and is trying to get me to reconsider. I want nothing better than to have a child with him and a complete family but it's just not happening and the fact that he carries on drinking knowing that it damages our chances more than anything else is just too much to accept.

My CBFM is still on HIGH which is strange so I am thinking of backing it up with OPK today cos I am feeling it's missing my peak again. I am not surprised cos this cycle is just weird, I have no sex drive whatsoever and do not feel where I am in the cycle at all. Everything is just messed up after the last IVF.

Hi ladies,

So af came:( Very sad. On to cycle 6 I guess. I was getting excited because my boobs were just so sore and I didn't have cramps like I usually do. Oh well. Last month was a crazy one, we didn't bd as much as I would have liked and we did go into a hot tub lol. Who knows. My sisters think I should go visit a doctor but I'm reluctant. I'm worried it'll just stress me out even more. I just want to do it the old fashioned why. Why isn't this as easy as everyone for everyone as it is for some?

Garfie,
BFP yet? your chart is looking great still :happydance:

lots of :dust:

Lynny,

aww soo sorry she got you, that's what i was like my last cycle, boobs hurt straight from Ovulation (which never happens) had cramp from bout 2 dpo (never happens) and I had possible imp dip on charts (rarely happens)
and that's why I am reluctant to go docs cos i think it would stress me out even more

afm, I am sooo tired atm last night I went to sleep bout 10.30, slept until 7.30 then went downstairs for an hour and i was so tired i went back to bed @ 8.30 then slept on and off until 5 pm so altogether i have just slept 15/16 hours and feel like i could go back to sleep for more,

I dont know if its because i have a runny nose idk

Pixie - BFN still:cry: I bet you are coming down with a cold:wacko:

Found the conversation you and Briss had very interesting :flower:

Briss - So would hubby be okay with you having a donor? I know mine wouldn't he wouldn't even consider IVF/IUI:blush:

So what is the next move hun?:hugs:

:hugs:

X

Pixie, I am totally OK asking questions on B&B cos everyone is so open and helpful here. Talking to a donor is slightly different but I am sure I will be fine once it gets to it. I am still trying to get my head around it. DH is being his perfect self and is trying to get me to reconsider. I want nothing better than to have a child with him and a complete family but it's just not happening and the fact that he carries on drinking knowing that it damages our chances more than anything else is just too much to accept.

My CBFM is still on HIGH which is strange so I am thinking of backing it up with OPK today cos I am feeling it's missing my peak again. I am not surprised cos this cycle is just weird, I have no sex drive whatsoever and do not feel where I am in the cycle at all. Everything is just messed up after the last IVF.

there is ways that he can build his sperm up, I have been looking online
TMI.. a few days before ov due he can have a wank but don't finish, maybe a few times, that should build it up into his testicles,
zinc also builds up mobilty and amount so just feed loads of food with zinc in, haha or zinc tablets :)

garfie used thanks button as like :)

garfie, my Dh is not OK with a donor so effectively that would mean a divorce… so sad, I cant take it all in yet. I am just trying gradually to prepare us for this so I started with researching donor sperm

I found the conversation interesting as well! And I also like the sperm advice Pixie!

garfie- has af shown up yet?

Briss- hugs to you!

yes lynny its true but very frustrating for a man though!!! pmsl

Just joining in slightly - do you think you could trust hubby not to pleasure himself to far (I wouldn't trust my hubby to stop at the crucial moment only to start up again a bit later:winkwink:)

So maybe some creative techniques need to come into play (when you are near your time) how about (just an idea) you put on sexy undies and tie him loosely to the bed and then you take charge and when you think he can't take anymore hop aboard (fresh exciting spermies) :happydance:

I have tried this with my hubby and although he's not sure at first he soon gets the hang of it and quite likes me being in control for a while:winkwink:

Linny - Nope she still hasn't shown - reckon she is on her way though with another BFN this morning - not looking to hopeful.

Pixie - How are you feeling hun:hugs:

:hugs:

X

there is ways that he can build his sperm up, I have been looking online
TMI.. a few days before ov due he can have a wank but don't finish, maybe a few times, that should build it up into his testicles,
zinc also builds up mobilty and amount so just feed loads of food with zinc in, haha or zinc tablets :)

garfie used thanks button as like :)

Does that really work with edging (don't know if that's what it's actually called but that's what OH and I call it!)

This is probably TMI but might help out someone else if you're looking for that approach. When OH and I are approaching fertility we have sex every other day, and the days we don't have sex we will just edge if we're in the mood. It's almost as if we want it more because we 'can't' have it. OH will get to the point where he's almost there and then stop and so will I, by the time we can actually BD he is raring :haha:

I'm lucky as we both have a high drive and my OH is very on board but if that works for building up sperm it might help?

That's been an interesting read pixie, thanks for sharing your knowledge on sperm donations as I've always wondered how it worked out too! I'd continue to track your cycle, just to fill in a blank on FF even so it can continue to track your fertile periods correctly :thumbup:

My willpower broke and I dusted off my cbfm to help track my cycles :lol: I got a high on cd8 and peaks on 9 & 10, which was yesterday. Really can't believe it, I have never ever ovulated so early in a cycle EVER! OPK's and cm confirm ovulation but my temp didn't rise today as I wouldn't expected, but I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days with that.

Well I feel like shit lol, sore throat, runny nose, constantly sneezing so much my teeth start to hurt, and sleeping a lot oh and I got a banging headache :(

Garfie, don't get down on yourself, you ain't out until the witch is actually here! Your temps are still up and tomorrow is another day :)

Lolly, yes I am thinking of buying another cbfm too but am not really sure if I need it and it would be a waste of money

garfie- hopefully the witch doesn't show!

lolly I'm so jealous lol! I'd love to o that early! I've been consistently days 17 to 21. Seems like it takes forever!

Pixie hopefully you feel better soon!

Set my monitor up this morning for the new cycle. Probably won't ask for a stick until day 9. Just sit and wait.

Pixie, my Dh has been on every known vitamin/super food etc for years now but it does not help at all. even Chinese herbs did not make a difference. His beer drinking is an issue but even when he was not drinking his sperm count was still low. Basically with his sperm we are looking at a number of IVFs but my body is not taking IVF medication that well and my egg reserve is low so I do not respond well to stimulation and do not produce many eggs. I could get pregnant naturally but I need super sperm…

We had our follow up appointment with our urologist and the good news is that our karyotype testing came back fine, no genetic issues, all chromosomes are in place - what a relief! I was worried his low count maybe attributable to some genetic condition which is basically end of the road so I am over the moon that at least we have some positive news here.

based on Dh's test results and particularly low testosterone, the doc suggested hormonal treatment for DH. The doc was very clear that the treatment may increase his count by 30-40% but it will not necessarily lead to pregnancy. We need to check DH's blood in 6 week to check that testosterone and FSH are rising and if everything is OK we will repeat SA in 3 months and then consider another IVF. Our urologist suggested stim IVF to improve the odds and did not recommend natural IVF. When I tried to explain that natural worked better for us (at least we had a chemical pregnancy while with stim cycle we did not have any fertilasation), he kind of hinted that our clinic may not be the best place.

DH started the treatment last night but 3 months seems like ages. I am in two minds: should I stay or should I go??

Pixie, my Dh has been on every known vitamin/super food etc for years now but it does not help at all. even Chinese herbs did not make a difference. His beer drinking is an issue but even when he was not drinking his sperm count was still low. Basically with his sperm we are looking at a number of IVFs but my body is not taking IVF medication that well and my egg reserve is low so I do not respond well to stimulation and do not produce many eggs. I could get pregnant naturally but I need super sperm…

We had our follow up appointment with our urologist and the good news is that our karyotype testing came back fine, no genetic issues, all chromosomes are in place - what a relief! I was worried his low count maybe attributable to some genetic condition which is basically end of the road so I am over the moon that at least we have some positive news here.

based on Dh's test results and particularly low testosterone, the doc suggested hormonal treatment for DH. The doc was very clear that the treatment may increase his count by 30-40% but it will not necessarily lead to pregnancy. We need to check DH's blood in 6 week to check that testosterone and FSH are rising and if everything is OK we will repeat SA in 3 months and then consider another IVF. Our urologist suggested stim IVF to improve the odds and did not recommend natural IVF. When I tried to explain that natural worked better for us (at least we had a chemical pregnancy while with stim cycle we did not have any fertilasation), he kind of hinted that our clinic may not be the best place.

DH started the treatment last night but 3 months seems like ages. I am in two minds: should I stay or should I go??

IVF is new territory for me, so will ask questions lol
What's the difference in natural and stim IFV?

And. 3months is not that long considering how long you have been trying :) worth a shot to save marriage :)
Tbh if it was me I wouldn't give up on my marriage for the sake of having kids, as there is so many other options out there nowadays, i.e surrogacy adoption,
I think what you have to base your stay or go question is, what's in your heart and whether it's worth staying in your marriage with the possibilities of not having children, and of course love :)
And think about why your married dh in the first place,
Feel free to tell me if I am being upfront.

Pixie, stim IVf is when your ovaries are stimulated with meds so you produce more eggs; natural IVF is where they only collect one egg from your dominant follicle in a natural cycle with no or little stimulation. My FSH is high which means my ovaries are not responding well to stimulation and are not producing many eggs because the egg reserve is probably diminishing.

I do want to stay with DH but there is a voice in my head telling me that I am wasting my precious time. I guess I can "waste" another 6 months (DH's treatment + IVF) before going donor route… We went to our FS today and she referred us for IVf at UCH via the NHS but she said it's most likely we wont get the funding when it comes to the actual treatment cos of my FSH. we have nothing to lose in trying, if not we will have to self-fund it but from what I heard we can still get some discount on the meds. it's going to take 2 months to get the paperwork so we can carry on with DH's treatment while we wait.

marriage vs. kids and adoption etc it's all very personal and people's views are different. To me, my child is more important than my partner (however much I love my husband, a child should come first) and things like adoption is just not for me.

That's been an interesting read pixie, thanks for sharing your knowledge on sperm donations as I've always wondered how it worked out too! I'd continue to track your cycle, just to fill in a blank on FF even so it can continue to track your fertile periods correctly :thumbup:

My willpower broke and I dusted off my cbfm to help track my cycles :lol: I got a high on cd8 and peaks on 9 & 10, which was yesterday. Really can't believe it, I have never ever ovulated so early in a cycle EVER! OPK's and cm confirm ovulation but my temp didn't rise today as I wouldn't expected, but I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days with that.

Ha! I knew it would come out eventually! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->