CBFM Buddy

Thank you.I feel like I could throw up right now.will keep you updated.x

Hang in there happy. Hope they see the embryo on the scan tomorrow.

Jchic I do actually have a word document with all the million things I'm worried about. Messed up hormones, blocked tubes, LUFS, thin uterine lining, the list goes on. !! Hope he doesn't think I am a crazy lady.

In other news, I am having a hard day. Just found out another friend is prego. By accident! I swear, Facebook is evil. Also, really upset because my stepdaughter has been sick for 6 days with a fever (100-101), and her mom will not take her to the doctor. I had dh call mom like three times today, but she cannot be convinced, and dh thinks she's right, and it's not necessary. I realize it's probably viral, but I love this little girl to pieces, and on the off chance she needs antibiotics, I really think she should see the doctor. I spoke to a nurse practitioner, my dad (a doc), and even calked the pediatrician's office, and all parties agree she should be seen. But mom won't take her, hubby can't or won't force her or take her himself, and its inappropriate fore to take her. I hate this.

Happy - google retroverted (or tilted) uterus and ultrasound....

thanks all....its 630am and just awaiting to set off to the hospital,

will keep you updated

xx

sooooo..................had a horrendous pelvic exam ( the surgeon used his hand to repeatedly wobble my uterus) and a emergency pap smear they dont THINK its ectopic so they have sent me home,

they cant see any bleeding but decided to do a scan tomorrow instead to give it 48 hours

I have to go back tomorrow again fully prepared for a operation and if my bloods dont come back as hoped they will have a look about with a camera and keep me in over the weekend,

its not ideal however i dont have any symptoms of a ectopic yet thank God so at least they are looking after me brilliantly

just in limbo again till tomorrow. honestly my stomach kills after that exam it was awful . and i have to get up again at 6am to eat before the possible operation
xx

Hey All!

Daisy - I am SO SO excited for your appt today, like if I was going, LOL. Can you imagine?! We would have an encyclopedia of questions together to ask, hahahaha.
Ugh, that sucks about your step daughter....hopefully this virus just leaves her system quickly so the poor little thing isnt sick too much longer. Is she taking any OTC stuff at least?

Happy - There is so much going on! I bet you are totally fine and its not ectopic :) When will your blood tests be back?

How is everyone else today? Creativ, Dawn, Mrs B, TTC?

Oh Happy I am so sorry your going through all this hun. Takes me back to my 1st pregnancy...which I lost but I was dragged through the ringer too, in and out of the hospital a million times, had my levels checked so much my arms were bruised so badly it looked like I was beaten. I too had a vaginal ultrasound done in the ER which was so bad I remember it very clearly. So painful and the woman didn't even care, she was so rough. I feel so badly that you are going through this hun and I am praying for you. Little bean stay strong and healthy while mom goes through all this. Lots of :hugs:

Good Luck today Daisy!! Will be thinking of you! I hope your Step daughter starts feeling better soon :( That's a tough place to be stuck in!

AFM - got my 1st High on the monitor today....VERY unusual for me to get a high on CD10 so do not know what is up with that?! Its not even a new box of sticks!! I also already have some CM...way to early for that too...LOVING the instant results from the grapefruit Juice!! :D

Happy, really hope they see your bean, and its not an ectopic. Do they know you might be early yet? Or based on your beta they think you are further along? I've heard so many stories that women with retroverted uteruses had early scans where they didn't see the heartbeat, only the sac, so the docs thought it was a mc, but then a week or two later it was there. As long as it's not ectopic, hopefully they let you be. If they think it is a mc? Will they let you be to mc naturally? Or are they advising a d&c? Are they tracking your beta every few days? I really hope the bean is in there, they see it, and you don't need an operation. Hugs.

Jchic, sorry to see AF arrived in force. Bummer, but onwards to the iui, which I have a very positive feeling about. I am very nervous about the appointment. Emotions are running high. Scared about what the outcome might be.

Creative, funny you got your first high on cd 10, same as me! We are still cycle twins even if we are 1 day apart. I am also having some EWCM. It clear, slippery, a little watery and a little stretchy.

Thanks ladies for your support. Things are still unresolved. We did not BD last night, one because I am trying to do the every other day thing, and two because we are having tension over this thing with my step daughter. She is still sick today, home from school with a low grade temp, and her cough is worse. This is one week of fever. Still not taking her to the doc. My husband just called to see if I will stay home with her tomorrow, and I am flabbergasted. I'm not enough of a parent to have input on her medical care, but now I'm supposed to take off work to take care if her, when neither mom or dad will have her seen by a doctor! Total BS, and I told him as much. Grrr!

Wow Daisy I have a feeling your going to O early this cycle!!! And yes we are still cycle twins :D

If I were you I'd talk to her mom and say I'll stay home from work and watch her but if I do I'm bringing her to the doctor...your choice. Poor little girl :(

I wonder about oing early too! We'll see I guess. Hoping to see how many follicles I've got developing so far on the scan today.

I agree, creative. I actually just told dh I will stay home tomorrow if she is taken to the doctor. I'm actually concerned that if i take her, the doc's office will be like who are you? I wonder will they still do tests and release the results to me if I'm not an official parent / legal guardian? Anyhow, I think now dh is going to stay home tomorrow, because he doesn't want to fight with mom anymore about the doctor, and who is going to stay home. I swear that woman can manipulate him into just about anything, and he doesn't even see it - so aggravating! I might stay home too, just to make sure she gets to a doc. Unbelievable! Sadly I think this fight has very little to do with my sick stepbaby, and everything to do with a battle of the wills between dh and the ex. He can't see it though. Men!

SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I need your help. I am reading all about IUI and it says its best done on the day of or closest to Ovulation. I usually O on my 2nd peak, and I also bought the smiley face OPKS to back it up the readings on CBFM. So if you were me, would you:
Schedule IUI same day as 1st peak
Schedule IUI for morning of 2nd peak

Remember washed sperm can live from 12-36 hours only in the uterus.....timing must be perfect, LOL

Jchic, I would DEFINITELY go in on your first peak. Here is why. First and foremost - it's what the doctor recommended. Secondly, like you said, sperm live 12-36 hours. The 36 part totally keeps you covered! Thirdly, once the sperm get to your fallopian tubes (and they should make it there fast since you are bypassing the cervix and they will be super sperm from being washed) I think they can survive in that environment for quite some time (days), according to the documentary, The Great Sperm Race (it's on youtube). Although maybe it's different with washed sperm - I don't know. In any case, the FOURTH reason you should do it on your first peak is that you don't want to miss it!!! What if you actually end up ovulating on your first peak day, and then you miss that egg! Finally, you can always BD on your second peak day for insurance.

Feel reassured?

YES! Perfect, thats what I think too....Its just the anticipating part that is a bit crazy!

Well.. hold on. This site (https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/iui.html) says:

Some doctors will base timing of IUI on a natural LH surge. In that case, a single IUI at 36 hours is the norm, but doing them at 24 hours is also pretty common since ovulation may be a bit earlier.

Based on THAT, I might say go do it on the second peak day. The site also says:

Current research indicates that washed sperm can live 24-72 hours; however, it does lose potency after 24 hours. Another issue with IUI is that the sperm can keep on swimming beyond the fallopian tube, so the ideal window is really within 6-12 hours of the egg being released, with a larger margin before ovulation than after since the egg's viability is shorter. Sperm can live up to 5 days in fertile mucus, 2-3 days being pretty common, so combining IUI with intercourse may provide better coverage.

and

Q: How soon after an IUI can I have intercourse? A: Usually you can have intercourse anytime after an IUI . . . in fact, most doctors suggest having intercourse, when that is an option, soon after the last IUI to help make sure ovulation is covered. Your doctor may suggest waiting 48 hours to resume relations if you had any bleeding during the IUI or if a tenaculum is used.

I think what I would do is definitely use OPKs this cycle in conjunction with the CBFM. If you get a + OPK on the afternoon or evening CD 14 (for example) but that morning CBFM was still high, I would still go in the next day (late) for the IUI, which would be your first peak day. If you don't get a + OPK before you peak, then go the second peak day. Does that make sense?? I don't know. Maybe you are right and should go on the second day. Hmm.. TALK TO THE DOC!

JChic, maybe there is a IUI thread or something elsewhere on this site? But definately talk to the doc about it...

Thanks for being so nice ladies.

My last menstrual period was 6th of December on a predicted 25 day cycle. So i'm only 5 Weeks.

That's in my opinion. Apparently the visibility of a sac on a scan hours by hormone levels not necessarily gestational age.so my hormones being 2600 indicates something should be visible.

hospital are being absolutely amazing. I just rang with some questions.

The consultant won't make a decision until the bloods are back on the fast track one hour turn around. I have to go fully ready for the operation with a over night bag. Basically they will go in with the camera and if they see anything remove it and if not they will come back out and wait and see.

I asked if they would re scan me but the midwife said puts too pie in the sky for her to answer as its up top the consultant now.

So its a wait and see game! Have to get up and eat before six again then only small sips of water tool lunch. But at least its getting seen too.

Lots of love to you all my head is rather battered so I am laying low.

Please keep praying for me as I know you have been
X
X

JChic, maybe there is a IUI thread or something elsewhere on this site? But definately talk to the doc about it...

Yep, They say they go in the day after their +opk, which would technically be my 2nd peak....I think I will schedule it for the 2nd peak OR the first peak, but in the afternoon, so not to miss it, ya know?

Actually, I think I am going to go by the digital OPKS....when I get the smiley face, I will make the appt for that following AM. Do you test in the afternoon with OPKS or AM? Maybe I will test one OPK along with CBFM in AM and one in afternoon. If I get a surge in the AM, I will schedule the appt for that day. If I get a surge in the PM and not AM, I will schedule in for the next day in the AM....does that make any sense?

I think you definitely do BOTH opks (digital is best so you don't mess up reading them) plus CBFM. Do the OPK in the afternoon.

Schedule the IUI the day after the first + OPK or first peak, whichever comes first! So if you get a + OPK in the afternoon, schedule the IUI for late the next day. If you get a peak before you get a + OPK, schedule it the morning of the next day. Then BD like crazy for insurance. :)

Good luck happy! Let us know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->