Cbfm users first month? Come join me :)

Welcome Bloomy!

I have heard of a lot of people (myself included) who fell pregnant within the first 3 months of using the CBFM.

Hi, do you mind if I join?

I am cd1 today and have just started using my new CBFM. :) This is our first proper cycle TTC after a m/c just before Christmas. As I'm not sure if I'll get a peak this cycle, what with the monitor getting to know me, I'm temping and will be using OPKs just to back everything up.

We are TTC #1, with my last pregnancy that ended in m/c we were NTNP and fell very easily. Just hoping we can again.

Hi all new recruits :hi:

@girly922 they say you're more fertile after a mc so fingers crossed :)

Just thought I'd update that my monitor asked for another stick this morning after my 1st Peak yesterday. I fed it a High stick from a few days ago and still got a Peak, so as it is programmed to automatically give you P, H, L after the 1st Peak, it is definitely worth feeding it already used sticks to save sticks and money. :thumbup:

Cd 6 today monitor asked for the first stick and it's high so better get bding :thumbup: I knew of was close as I had that dull heavy feeling. I only have 25 ish day cycles btw xx

eeeeek CBFM crisis! I am on CD16 right now and am on low, should be getting a high any day now though, but I wasn't able to feed the machine a stick!!! Long story....
Has anyone missed a day before? I hope I didn't screw it all up....

eeeeek CBFM crisis! I am on CD16 right now and am on low, should be getting a high any day now though, but I wasn't able to feed the machine a stick!!! Long story....
Has anyone missed a day before? I hope I didn't screw it all up....

Did you switch it on within the window, but weren't able to feed a stick or were you not able to switch it on within the window at all?

Here's what happened...
My window is from 4am to 10am.... woke up at 3:30 to use the restroom, I tried to hold it but my bladder was about to explode! Woke up at 5 to get ready for work and POAS, but there wasn't enough pee and the dye bled everywhere.
I though NBD, I'll just take a stick/CBFM to work and POAS in a few hours. Well that backfired because the stick I grabbed was a dud- I opened it up and there was no dye!
Crap!

I was able to switch it on

Hmmm, not sure, this has never happened to me, but I wouldn't think it would mess it up massively. I guess it will just ask for a stick tomorrow again and as long as you feed it a stick tomorrow, things will be just fine. :thumbup:

Bluebird, I am sure it will be okay. Thankfully with you switching it on, the days are not messed up.

When I needed a wee the other night (a few hours before my window), I just pee'd in a cup and used that later on within the window.

Hi I had an issue with my machine although it was only on cd 6 mine said it needed cleaning with no stick book says clean it then turn it on and off did that kept saying it so I peed the ten mins later or so turned machine on and it ask for stick so I left it cd 7 turned it on still asked for a stick I then today got my first high

No bluebird it'll be okay, you could have fed it an old one but it won't mess it up. Don't worry xx

Hi all, would love to join in!

I'm using the CBFM for the first time, by its standards I'm on CD1 today, so won't be feeding sticks until next week, but looking forward to getting started. I had a MC at ten weeks back in September and my cycles have been weird since then, this past one 50 days long and the one before 37 (before the miscarriage they were consistently 28). I'm worried that we keep missing ovulation because I have no way of predicting when it'll happen, since I have no idea how long each cycle will be. Was using cheapie OPKs but sometimes found them hard to read, and like the idea of getting more of a heads up before actual ovulation. Hopefully it'll work out!

I'm thinking I might start temping too, to make sure I am ovulating at all, though it'll be hard because I'm a restless sleeper.

Good to know the tip about re-using sticks after the peak!

Hi all, would love to join in!

I'm using the CBFM for the first time, by its standards I'm on CD1 today, so won't be feeding sticks until next week, but looking forward to getting started. I had a MC at ten weeks back in September and my cycles have been weird since then, this past one 50 days long and the one before 37 (before the miscarriage they were consistently 28). I'm worried that we keep missing ovulation because I have no way of predicting when it'll happen, since I have no idea how long each cycle will be. Was using cheapie OPKs but sometimes found them hard to read, and like the idea of getting more of a heads up before actual ovulation. Hopefully it'll work out!

I'm thinking I might start temping too, to make sure I am ovulating at all, though it'll be hard because I'm a restless sleeper

Good to know the tip about re-using sticks after the peak!

Hey Hun welcome to the group :)
I'm not sure the Cbfm will be of any use to you due to your long cycles. I believe the monitor can only ask for 20 sticks so if it's stil lot detected your ovulation it won't ask for anymore Iyswim.
I don't think there's any any harm trying but just so you know it might not be any good for you.
Good luck! Xx

Gemie is right what she says about the long cycles. However, there is a way around it when you have long cycles. :winkwink:

When TTC our 1st I had long cycles and DTD every other day when you don't know when you ovulate can be quite exhausting.

So I used the monitor as instructed to start with, once it stopped asking for sticks, I reset it and set it to day 5, so it started asking me for sticks again the day after. I finally ovulated on CD42 and the CBFM gave me Highs from CD35-45, which made it a lot easier for us to time DTD and we fell pregnant that cycle :).

Of course doing it this way has the disadvantage that the monitor cannot get to know you and work with your previous cycles, but at least it still gives you the warning when you are approaching ovulation and in my opinion it is definitely worth a shot especially when you have long and/or unpredictable cycles.

Thanks for the advice! :)

I'm hoping the 50 day thing was a fluke--I was pretty stressed in December between work and preparing for the holidays, so between that and still recovering from the MC, I might have had delayed or no ovulation. The box says the CBFM is good for cycles up to 42 days and this last cycle is the only one in my life I've had that was longer than that. But if I go through 20 sticks and still haven't gotten any highs, I'll reset it like Piperette suggested. Fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that!

I had gotten the impression from other comments that if you got a low, it might not ask for a test the next day or two... How common is it for the monitor to have you skip days for testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->