Cbfm users first month? Come join me :)

I had gotten the impression from other comments that if you got a low, it might not ask for a test the next day or two... How common is it for the monitor to have you skip days for testing?

On the cycle I got pregnant with our 1st I had 20 Lows (after which I reset it), last cycle 10 Lows and this one 8, and the monitor never skipped a day making me POAS.

Automatic High after the 2nd (automatic) Peak for me today and it did not ask me to feed a stick, but gave me the High straight away.

Thanks for the advice! :)

I'm hoping the 50 day thing was a fluke--I was pretty stressed in December between work and preparing for the holidays, so between that and still recovering from the MC, I might have had delayed or no ovulation. The box says the CBFM is good for cycles up to 42 days and this last cycle is the only one in my life I've had that was longer than that. But if I go through 20 sticks and still haven't gotten any highs, I'll reset it like Piperette suggested. Fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that!

I had gotten the impression from other comments that if you got a low, it might not ask for a test the next day or two... How common is it for the monitor to have you skip days for testing?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't skip days asking you for a test stick, it continues to ask until it detects your peak or it gets to 20 . X

Hi All,

I finally got my Peak on Monday and Tuesday (CD20 and 21). First time in 15 months that I have had ovulation confirmed :)

So it seems I ovulate later than I thought, so could be part of the reson why I am not yet pregnant.

So now officially in the TWW.

Hope you are all getting on ok.

Baby Dust.

Hi All,

I finally got my Peak on Monday and Tuesday (CD20 and 21). First time in 15 months that I have had ovulation confirmed :)

So it seems I ovulate later than I thought, so could be part of the reson why I am not yet pregnant.

Hope you are all getting on ok.

Baby Dust.

Good luck Hun!!

Crisis averted!! I turned on my monitor today (after skipping yesterday CD16) and it asked for a stick, just like normal. Woohoo!! And it was my first high day.... FINALLY!!! I was losing hope that I would even ovulate this cycle and getting pissed off because I was using so many of these expensive sticks:haha:

I'm on my first cycle using CBFM...had highs since CD 7.

Cd 7 hun. I had my first high yesterday, the first day it asked me for a test. Xx

Feeling like I need a buddy...not told many ppl we're TTC as don't want to put too much pressure on!

Hi All,

Woohoo for having confirmed ovulation! :D Lots of baby dust for you! :dust:

On the cycle I got pregnant with our 1st I had 20 Lows (after which I reset it), last cycle 10 Lows and this one 8, and the monitor never skipped a day making me POAS.

Hmmm, I don't know where I got that idea from--I thought I'd read a comment about it where someone was talking about it telling them not to test after they got a low until a couple days later, but I must be mixing it up with something else. Doesn't really matter!

Feeling like I need a buddy...not told many ppl we're TTC as don't want to put too much pressure on!

It's tough, isn't it? I keep wanting to talk to people about it, but then I know they'll start asking how things are going, and like you said, pressure. So glad these forums exist!

Sorsha...yes it's tough. Are you expecting? How have things been for you?

I completely know where you're coming from. I don't want many people knowing we're TTC because I don't want the questions every month - "are you pregnant yet?" etc. But it seems to be all I can think about and want to talk about. It's difficult this TTC thing isn't it?! :haha:

I was during the summer, but I had a miscarriage in September. So I'm especially hesitant to talk to people in real life now because I know even if things work out before too long... it might not last. It was really awful having to tell the few people who knew about the pregnancy the bad news--I think if/when I get another BFP, I'm not even telling my parents until the second trimester.

Hopefully the CBFM is going to help with getting there! :)

Yes defo...every time I see anyone that I don't see daily...the first thing they do is look down at my stomach to see if they can spot anything! Maybe I'm being paranoid but it's like really obvious even though they maybe don't realise they're doing it! It's been like that ever since we got back from honeymoon. Maybe they're just looking at my muffin top hehe! Have taken to wearing scarves a lot and usually end up drinking a couple of glasses of wine or talking about drinking on the weekend so people don't start thinking I am when I'm not! Someone even said...I thought you'd have a honeymoon baby! and someone else mentioned about conceiving after one 'encounter' and I couldn't help but say 'if only it was that easy for everyone'! I want to enjoy it but sometimes we do just have to 'do it for the sole purpose of BD' so does feel a bit wierd! I'll be so happy when I get that BFP, partly for the rest from BD aswell!

I was during the summer, but I had a miscarriage in September. So I'm especially hesitant to talk to people in real life now because I know even if things work out before too long... it might not last. It was really awful having to tell the few people who knew about the pregnancy the bad news--I think if/when I get another BFP, I'm not even telling my parents until the second trimester.

Hopefully the CBFM is going to help with getting there! :)

Sorry to hear that Sorsha. It must be hard. I've thought about who I'd tell but I think I would have to tell my mum either way because I'd need her support if I lost the little bean anyway. I'm really close to my mum so I tell her everything...my DH doesn't like it though!

I know what you mean about not wanting many people to kow you're ttc. I'm the same but only because the people I have told have said stuff like 'really? You must be mad' or 'isnt one of each enough?' or like my mum who said ' oh you're not are you? I worry about you' etc etc pisses me off. I have multiple sclerosis I know and I'm not getting any younger (34) and I kinda had a bit of brak down after poppy was born and got Pnd but I pulled it together pretty well and went to the docs as I recognised it and my husband was wonderful that I didn't rely on my parents for long but I think my mum thinks I'm not capable of doing it again which really makes me sad ya know?
My husband is amazing and helps me so much and also gives me the confidence to believe in myself so I know I'll be okay and we both want another baby, so why shouldn't we?

I'm sorry this has turned into a right old moan :nope:

@katiekatie we can be buddies if you like:) also that's why I started this thread so we could all rely on each other :)

Also sorsha how do you do the multiple quotes? Ive been here years and still don't know :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->