CD 13 1/2 of test line is dark???

Twinkie210

Mom of 2 and an ^Angel^
Reaction score
OK, this is only my second month using OPKs. I did an OPK with a cheap dip test and 1/2 of the test line is super dark, but the other half is just kind of dark (not darker than the control line)

The last time using OPKs the same thing happened to me and I O'd about 12 hrs later, ended up getting pregnant that cycle, but sadly MC at 7 weeks.

Should I assume this is +, since it was last time? I normally O around CD 21 so this would be really early for me to O. This is also my first real cycle after my MC, so could that change the timing of O?

Sorry I don't have a pic, I didn't have time to take one this morning!

Didnt want to R&R but I really dont know. Which hlaf is darker? The verticle half or like the top or bottom half?

Vertically, I think it was the left half that was darker...

See Ive heard of that but dont remember what they said I will google it for you. You said you didnt have time for a pic so you probably dont have time to research so I will gladly do it for you. be back soon

heres a question. was it starting to get darker before you got this one?

Ok so First one i read was as long as at least half of the test line is dark then it is a positive. Some girl called the company she bought from and that is what they said so I would take that as a good answerr

See Ive heard of that but dont remember what they said I will google it for you. You said you didnt have time for a pic so you probably dont have time to research so I will gladly do it for you. be back soon

OMG I didn't think of that! I went to peeonastick.com and it seems that it could go either way. I am currently holding my pee to use another before lunch (I feel weird taking these to work) but I guess we will see if it is still positive then! I also bought a different brand, maybe this will make a difference! I think next month I am going to fork out the money for digital, to take the guess work out of it!

heres a question. was it starting to get darker before you got this one?

There was a second line for the past couple days, but I don't really think they were getting darker. But the last month I used these they didn't get progressively darker either, I just got a positive and then 12 hours later a negative.

You dont even need to tell me about awkward! I was out with my sister in law and mother in law and emptied out a tiny pill bottle to pee in, in the bathroom that we all went into together. lol. Im sure they wondered what took me so long. lol. And if the second line was new over the past couple of days id take that as a positive. like if you havent had much of one then you started getting one I would imagine this one was it. But ya take another test and let me know what happens

Well I took another test and it was -, but there was definately two line, just the test line was obviously lighter than the control line :( So Now I don't know if the first test was negative, or if I just caught the tail end of my surge... but I noticed what might have been EWCM (but it is hard to tell becaue DH and I BD'd last night:blush:) SO I am planning on BDing again tonight to make sure!

Hmmm thats strange. I was expecting it to be positive for sure. But ya get Bding!! And make sure you update that way Ill know for future ref and so will any other ladies who may come across this in the future!!

Hmmm thats strange. I was expecting it to be positive for sure. But ya get Bding!! And make sure you update that way Ill know for future ref and so will any other ladies who may come across this in the future!!

Well I don't really know how concentrated my pee was (I poas not in a cup:haha:), and last month I had a short LH surge, so I may have surged yesterday evening/last night and missed it? I have also had surges and didn't O (EWCM and everything). So I guess I will keep testing each day and wait to see if I get a temp spike! I'll try to keep you posted!

Sooo, I had the same problem with the dip strips I was using a couple months ago! I went to every website, and even found a progression picture where all the lines were half positive. But everyone kept saying that at least HALF the line had to be darker to be considered positive..... I don't know about you, but my eyes aren't good enough to tell if it was half the line or not... it just looked like one side was a lot darker than the other!!! So, I picked up a package of CB digis (the one with the smiley) and decided to try them in conjunction with the dip strip. Got a blazing positive on the CB and another half on the dip strip! The next day, CB was neg but the dip strip was still half positive. After that I realized those OPK's were driving me up a wall and I have never used them again.... You can buy the 20 pack of CB digi's for around 38 bucks on amazon. I know it's expensive, but well worth the stress relief. Good Luck to you!

I think I am going to use the digi next month, if I don't get my BFP. I tested again this morning and the test was darker and the darker portion was definately thicker than yesterday, but still there was part of the line that was faint! I decided to do another test 45 minutes later (I hadn't drank anything, surprised I had any pee left!) and the same results, but not quite as dark (but definately half positive). I had some EWCM (or what I think was EWCM) yesterday afternoon, so I am keeping my FX'd that today is O day. I took some pics, but can't figure out how to post them.

Here are my pics (In the one with three the top was done yesterday the other two were done this morning)
https://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/stacief82/?action=view&current=IMG_20110922_052603.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1141.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn583%2Fstacief82%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_20110922_052603.jpg
https://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/stacief82/?action=view&current=IMG_20110922_052603.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1141.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn583%2Fstacief82%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_20110922_052507.jpg

Thats extremely close so start bding just incase it doesnt get darker.

Thanks for the reply. Despite the dark OPKs and tons of EWCM, I am guess I didn't O, because still no temp shift... :( I was so hopeful too. I am back to testing...

do you share your chart? Maybe someone can help pinpoint ov for you? FF isn't always perfect at it if that's the software you're using...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->