CD 4, first cycle on clomid looking for a buddy

Kiki09

Mummy to a miracle
Reaction score
Hi, on cycle day 4, took my first clomid on Sunday and wondered if anyone else out there at a similar stage? would love to share this bumpy road with someone......?

Hi there. I am on CD 2 and taking Clomid tonight - just 50mg.

It's actually my second round of clomid as I did get pregnant and then miscarried (in June) so I am starting again.

What dose are you on?

I have to say that when I took it the first time I didn't get many side effects, apart from a few hot flushes, but that may be the low dose I was on. I am ovulating but have unexplained infertility so just prescribed the Clomid to see if it helps.

Would be really interested in anyone else's experiences of clomid.

I am on 50mg, which I am taking at night, just experiencing hot flushes but today have major headache, but this could be down to not sleeping last night with being so hot lol

I stopped ovulating after we lost our baby in January, i have pcos and under active thyroid plus aneamia problems, my gp prescribed it, with the approval of the consultant I was under at the hospital when pregnant, so I wont be having any scans etc...

fingers crossed we get our BFP soon!

fingers crossed too. Am trying to stay hopeful because of the relatively high success rate that Clomid has. Anyone else here just starting on Clomid?

lets hope this is our month! My friend got pregnant with her first using clomid and she had only had 1 period in 11 years! her 2nd son was conceived naturally 6 months after her 1 was born, she was in total shock as her hospital had said she would need more treatment if she wanted another child! so I am staying positive, it will happen! lol

Nice to have someone to go through this with though :)

Hi Beanz, just wondered how you were doing on the clomid?? My side effects seem to have worn off today, take last tablet tonight! :)

hey there. I am only on tablet 2 (3rd one tonight) and have been ok. Woke up in the middle of the night sweating like mad and have been quite dehydrated in the mornings even though I am drinking lots of water. Only thing is I was quite depressed last night and had a little cry or two. I am not sure if it's the Clomid or just the drea I feel at being back on the TTC train.

hi i am on cd5 but not taking clomid. hopefully we wil al get r bfp's this cycle, tho don't know when my cycle wil finish as can b between 20-42 days. am waitin 4 referal 2 gyno coz of a 4wk long bleed i had. xxx

Hi Beanz, i was tearful the first couple of days too, really emotional and wondered the same if it was down to clomid or all the pressure I was putting myself under.. but now that you have mentioned it, wonder if it is the clomid, but at least it shows something is happening lol

hi maybebaby3, fingers crossed you will get yoru BFP before you get to the gyno appointment, that would be great..

fxd crossed it all our months this month!

soooooo keepin fingers x'd 4 us al this month. :dust::dust::dust: 4 us xxx

I am hoping I actually ovulate this month now that I have started on the clomid, just taking temps for the first time too, as I have pcos the ovulation predictor kits dont work for me, so have to rely on my temp letting me know, so hard not to get my hopes up though, will be gutted if i dont even ovulate! stay positive I know! My AF tends to vary from 30 - 40 days and it drives me mad..

i sooooooooooooo understand abt af drivin u mad with varyin appearances! i keep hopin that this cycle wil b 20 days and not 42! keepin my fingers crossed that clomid works quickly 4 u. i have a friend who was a 1 1/2yr old and is 20wks pg with twins after takin clomid. it took her 2 cycles of clomid 2 get pg with the twins, hopefully u wont hav2 wait long either!!! fingers crossed 4u 2 beanz!

:hug: and :dust:

Hi ladies. I hope I can join you here. I'm slightly further ahead in my cycle. Like you I have pcos and used to have cycles varying from 35-50 days so really hoping this first round of clomid helps.
I'm currently on day 15 and using a clear blue fertility monitor and OPK's and as yet have not had a positive. I'm having ovulation pains so i'm really hoping i will ovulate soon.
I'm supposed to go for cd21 blood tests to see if i ovulated but i don't see any point in going in on day 21 if i don't think i ovulated by cd14 as i've heard that you should go 7 days after you ov. Does anyone know if this is true?

Come on eggies we're waiting for you to show your face!

Hi Girls,

I'm a little bit behind you - cycle day 1 is today. I'm doing the clomid challenge test this time around. It will be my first time on it. Has anyone done the CCCT already, or did they put you straight on clomid? I also get to have a hysterosalpinogram to check tubes & uterus - fun cycle, right?

Hi Milliemoo, welcome!!
I am on CD 9 today and have major cramping since cd7.. so hoping clomid is making me ovulate, I have pcos and the opks etc never work for me, so I have stopped using them, i am going to "think positive" and hopefully we all get our BFP's this month!
There are so many success stories with clomid, my friend who never had a period in her life now has 2 sons, maybebaby3 knows of someone too, plus all the good ones on here so, come on girls, lots of :dust::dust: and sticking :dust: for August!!!

So nice having you all to go through this journey together..

anyone else experience a lot of cramping soon after taking last tablet? and if so how long for?? do you think that its a sign that we are going/are ovulating??

:hugs:

:dust::dust::dust: 2 all!!! hi lola fingers crossed 4 u. it's now a waitin game! hopefully we will all get a :bfp: this month! wouldn't that b nice xxxx

MAybebaby, good job we all have each other, the next few weeks are going to be hard! though according to FF i am not due to ovulate till later this week, but cramping has gone today!?! its all so confusing lol my 2ww will start next week for real...

come on your BFP's!

Are you temping? That will help you to see when you ov.
I've been temping, CBFM and OPK's and nothing yet except i've still got cramping and its getting bad today. I've been told that thats hopefully the follicles just growing really big ready for the egg to be released.

Are you temping? That will help you to see when you ov.
I've been temping, CBFM and OPK's and nothing yet except i've still got cramping and its getting bad today. I've been told that thats hopefully the follicles just growing really big ready for the egg to be released.

My first time at temping, no idea if i am doing a good job or a bad one, had a bit of a dip today (cd10) so will see what tomorrow brings! with having pcos there is no point in me doing OPK's etc, the only thing really is temping, I am using FF to record it... lol hope that is true about the cramping making a big egg, i had really bad cramping from cd7 and it is easing off now so according to FF i should be ovulating over the next few days but that is a guess... we shall see!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->