CD 8 and starting SMEP today - Anyone else?

OMG x 2000! Does this mean that we all have BFPs!!!!? Wow Laubull congratulations and Congratulations Daisy!!! :yipee:

It is funny Laubull your line is exactly the same as mine yet I am cautious too, but I was a about to say to you, 'a line is a line you are definitely preg' lol

Lots of sticky bean dust to everyone :flower:

Can't believe we have all got BFPs this is amazing!

I can't believe it either, this must be the most successful thread, thank you SilverWillow for starting it! And thank god for SMEP, even though I didn't follow it exactly.

I got 2 x FRERs and 1 x CB digital at lunch, I think I'll try and hold a wee when I get home and test then, if not then FMU tomorrow.

I really, really, really hope we all have lovely sticky beans :)

Daisy - yes do we start a new thread or continue, I don't know!

SOOO EXCITED! x

Do you guys want me to change the thread title, or like Daisy said we should probably start a new one on the pregnancy forums?

But before we depart TTC :dance: maybe I should change the title to '5 BFPs using SMEP' or something so that more people see about SMEP and how it has worked so well!!

What do you think? or any other suggestions?

SilverWillow I think a title change is a good idea to start off with, I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves yet, if that makes sense? x

Ladies there is a fab thread called early april in first tri perhaps we could all carry on in there? i've already joined? just so we don't upset anyone that hasnt got a bfp, we can still chat here but only to help others anything bfp related in the preg one....what do you think? Or YES make a SMEP it works thread in first tri ....let me know tho!!

Has everyone got a bfp?? thats so cool crazy !!!

SilverWillow I think a title change is a good idea to start off with, I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves yet, if that makes sense? x

Yes I quite agree, it seems too early to move to first tri just yet, lets wait until everyone has a really dark positive! :winkwink: I am so excited but also I'm going to be scared to test tomorrow morning in case the line is gone!

Any suggestions for title change?

I was literally 100% sure I wasn't preg when I was still getting totally blank tests at 17 dpo, I didn't know that was possible! and with Bree I got my BFP really early, 9dpo. So weird!

Silverwillow its so exciting!!! I think the mods will move us anyway if we start talking about preg symptoms.....I'm happy to chat to you all where ever so let me know!!!!

How many of us got the bfp? i think nearly all?

Ladies there is a fab thread called early april in first tri perhaps we could all carry on in there? i've already joined? just so we don't upset anyone that hasnt got a bfp, we can still chat here but only to help others anything bfp related in the preg one....what do you think? Or YES make a SMEP it works thread in first tri ....let me know tho!!

Has everyone got a bfp?? thats so cool crazy !!!

That sounds like a good plan to pop in here occasionally but not talk about preg stuff! What do you think to name change idea?

Great idea umm i'm not the most imaginative tho lol!!!!! maybe SMEP we did it april bumps?

just a suggestion any better ideas more than welcome!!!!!

So many I lost count!! I think Ginny, Nimbec, Daisy, Laubull, SilverWillow.

Have I missed anyone?
There were a few who posted early who I don't know about but all of the 'regulars' have a BFP!

OMG OMG OMG how fabulous is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we must all be within about a week of each other too - yey yey yey lots of bump buddies. Lets pray we all have sricky beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow ladies! I've just heard about SMEP and searched it on BnB and found your thread. It seems like its too good to be true! I'm definitely going to recesarch it a bit more then work out our plan of action for the month! It's cycle #2 ttc #1 and at 30yrs old (me & dh) are keen to get things going.

Do you have any advice?
Wish me luck!!
h&h to you all...here's hoping I'll be joining you this month!

Wow ladies! I've just heard about SMEP and searched it on BnB and found your thread. It seems like its too good to be true! I'm definitely going to recesarch it a bit more then work out our plan of action for the month! It's cycle #2 ttc #1 and at 30yrs old (me & dh) are keen to get things going.

Do you have any advice?
Wish me luck!!

Hi Poppy13! First I want to send you lots of baby dust. For me the real difference this cycle was the OPKs. It turned out I ovulated a whole 5 days sooner than expected. I wish I could say that I followed the SMEP to the T but I just made sure we dtd around the time I got my positive OPK. I got my OPK on cd 17 and dtd on cd14, cd17, cd19.

My only advice is too not put too much pressure on yourself. I was really worried since we didn't dtd three days in a row after the pos OPK and we only dtd once two days before the OPK.

Good luck!!

Do you have any advice?
Wish me luck!!

Hi Poppy13! First I want to send you lots of baby dust. For me the real difference this cycle was the OPKs. It turned out I ovulated a whole 5 days sooner than expected. I wish I could say that I followed the SMEP to the T but I just made sure we dtd around the time I got my positive OPK. I got my OPK on cd 17 and dtd on cd14, cd17, cd19.

My only advice is too not put too much pressure on yourself. I was really worried since we didn't dtd three days in a row after the pos OPK and we only dtd once two days before the OPK.

Good luck!!

I'm using OPK's for the first time this month - I did my first earlier and got the faintest of faint lines but its only CD7. Going to test twice a day as I got loads of amazon! Also feeds my poas habit!! :thumbup:

So can I just check my plan with you...
CD10 start BDing alternate days until +opk
+opk 3 days in a row
miss 1 day
BD one more night

Then what???? Just have fun?

Thanks for your advice so far. x

Yes I agree with Daisy, don't put too much pressure on yourself if it goes a bit wrong, just stick as closely to it as you can. We all did our own version of Smep but I think the main thing with Smep is that it really helps your odds of getting the sperm to meet the egg and to have healthy sperm ready when you do!
Good luck Poppy hope you will be joining us this month :)

Yes you've got it! You can start dtd every other day from CD8 which might be a good idea if AF is gone and you are getting faint lines already.
Afterwards it says 'then stop' not sure how important it is to stop at that point! But they do say do it once or twice before next cycle to keep sperm fresh in case you have to go for round two.

we tried BDing everyday around when I thought it was O time (wasn't using opk's then) and obviously it didnt happen. I was worried we were dtd the too often and dh swimmers werent being 'refuelled' quickly enough?

Thanks for your advice ladies xx
Hope you're all feeling good!!

Yes you've got it! You can start dtd every other day from CD8 which might be a good idea if AF is gone and you are getting faint lines already.
Afterwards it says 'then stop' not sure how important it is to stop at that point! But they do say do it once or twice before next cycle to keep sperm fresh in case you have to go for round two.

AF only lasts 2 days now I've had copper coil out which is great as we get to start the fun earlier but it makes waiting to see if AF turns up a long wait!!

I would definitely say to start cd8 then. Smep is good because by DTD every other day you keep them fresh but don't use them all up too early! I wouldn't worry about his swimmers at the moment, I expect you guessed your O wrong last month. x

Thanks Silverwillow and Daisy.

I know its only our 2nd month but after last month I felt like I'd had the wind knocked out of me when it was a bfn and I went mad symptom spotting. We go on holiday for a week this saturday with family so hopefully I'll still be able to use my opk's although it'll be more secretly (I'll pack them in my checked luggage - I don't want to get searched and have to explain them!!). Thinking I'll probably O while we're away so hopefully the first few days of symptom spotting will be less consuming as I'll be occupied with holiday stuff. Watch out SMEP here I come!!
I'll keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"