• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1!! anyone want to buddy up :)

Hugggggge congratulations manny! Well done you :) I just can't wat to see some pics of the little man, and read your birth story :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ohhhhh manny thats fab news and im loving the name! Hope your all ok amd thank you for taking the time to update us! Can't wait for pics! Xxxx

Great news manny! Congrats! I can't wait to see some pics.

Hi Ladies – sorry it has taken me a while but this little man is taking up all of my time. He is sooo sweet and I so don't mind getting up every two hours to feed him. He isn't much of a sleeper and all he seems to ever want is boob. Apparently this is common for little babies as he is trying to catch up on his birth weight. We went the the midwife on Tuesday and he is back up to 2.6kgs after dropping to under 2.5 so at least he is growing. He was also holding his head up all by himself and she said she had never seen a one week old do this. I think it may have something to do with the steroids shots we got at 26 and 30 weeks.

So the birth – it was pretty intense but could have been so much worse. We went in at 7am and the doctor did a sweep. We then went up to labour and delivery where we got settled in and at about 9am we had the first suppository to start labour. At first it was just like period pains but then at about 10:00, he started the drip going and gave me a second suppository. He then broke my waters which is when all the fun started. His head was already so low so he always predicted it would be a quick labor. Contractions started really quickly and we're running from one straight into the next. It was very intense pain and by 11am I was begging for an epidural. The anesthetist had decided that it was a good time to go for a run (?!?!) so I had to wait 45 minutes for the epidural. I eventually got it just before midday and for a while I could relax and enjoy the experience. Unfortunately the epidural didn't completely numb the whole area and I had a section on my right hand side that felt everything. It was painful but also quite a good thing because I could feel when the contractions were coming and could tell when to start pushing. At about 13h30 we started pushing and the little man was in my arms at 13h55. I tore a little and needed a couple of stitches and he also had to use forceps right at the end but it really wasn't the horrific experience I was anticipating. The healing has been good. I'm trying to have as many salt baths as I can to help the tear heal and already I feel back to normal.

Here are a couple of pics. He is a real little poser. The cheesy pic is the one they take in the hospital.

I hope everyone is well. Any news?

Attachments

• Josh 1.jpg
    Josh 1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Josh 2.jpg
    Josh 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Josh 3.jpg
    Josh 3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
He's beautiful and I'm so glad it went well ( and quickly) I know from experience quick labours can be intense and a bit stressful. My last was 37 minutes and the pain was horrific! I bet he's worth it all though. To be honest all of mine have been boob addicts in the early days, but it has always settled. I think you're right, he's got lots of growing to do plus he's now out in the strange world away from he safety of you....breastfeeding is his next best thing :) every 2hours is pretty average, and to soooooo lovey to hear you say you don't mind as he's so lovely...too cute. Sounds like you're recovering and all is going well. Thank you so much for sharing! I just ant wait to get there now. Manny keep us posted with lots of pictures Hun :) xxx

Oh hun he is absolutely adorable!! soooooo cute!!

The bit where your nurse decided to go for a jog made me laugh haha! im so glad your feeling normalish already! you will have to upload a pic of you and baby together hun! xxx

im ok hun! Still not duffered! The CBFM was absolute shite!! Going to ring the drs tomorrow to see if i can be referred to fertility as its been 12 months since my last pregnancy.

You ok chick? How you feeling? xxx

I'm ok Hun, totaly knackered right now, but it's worth it and I'm nt complaining! Heard heartbeat on Doppler at consultants apt yest& finally feeling like its real, sounds stupid I know, but I'm such a worrier.

Dh has slipped a disc in his back so it's like I've an extra kid until he recovers lol...bless him :(

Grrrrrrr can't believe after all the that the monitor was crap!!!! Defo go to the gp and get some answers, even if it happens naturally before you see anyone then at least you now you have something to fall back on. How are you feeling about everything?

Took my cousin 2 years after her ectopic, then just as they were about to start ivf they got a sticky bfp. I think the opposite tube to the one she had the lap on was badly blocked, but it still happened eventually. They'll defo refer you now though& you must need answers for your own sanity....! Ttc is a nightmare at the best of times :(

Keep us posted re DRs etc. totally rooting for you Cath!!! Always wondering how you're getting on.

Xxx

Manny he's so adorable! My last two labours have been crazy fast and with Lexi's the epi wore off super fast for some reason.

Cath I hope you get the referral and get in asap.

Mama are you finding out gender with this one?

Any news on Klemon manny?

Hi Kat!

I posted new pics of Lexi in my journal, click my siggy if you want to see them.

Hello Ladies -popping in to say Hi!!!

Manny - CONGRATULATIONS!!!:happydance: what a cutie pie and i love hisname. how is being a mummy??

Cath- agree the monitor is poo.. In fact would gladly have sent you mine - may have to ebay it! Really glad you are going to get referred and maybe get some answers. Just some advice -NHS doesn't like to investigate too much. If you can afford it perhaps pay privately for karyotyping and thrombophilia screens. thats what we did to diagnose DH problem -otherwise they wont test until 3 miscarriages, and you could have have a lot of heartache/costs for nothing.

Kat and Kelly- lets some more pics of those little ladies!

Mama -yay for hearing HB.

AFM- Just sent off 12 little embies for testing, and have 4 slower ones who if they catch up can be tested too. Will find out on Tues if i get any normals to transfer. I feel like its our turn, but nothings certian in this game! I will try and let you know how it goes on Tues!

lots of love to you all xx

Klemon!!!! Yay you posted. Super amount of luck for your embies I hope you get a bunch of healthy ones for putting back and freezing please let us know!!

Klemon!! Hey hun!! hope your well!! Sending loads and loads and tons of good luck to you lovely!! I have everything x for you!

Well iom being referred on Friday - tbh though i think my tube is just blocked from the ectopic as all signs point to that but we shall see!

Hope everyone is well? xxx

Hi Ladies - Lemon, so nice to hear from you. I really really really hope your little embryos are going to be strong and healthy come Tuesday. How many will they be transferring if all goes well? I will keep popping onto your journal to find out what is happening. Love reading about all your trips to London - makes me very nostalgic... Being a mummy is lovely but little Josh is suffering from bad stomach cramps and it really is heart breaking to see him in pain. We're trying a few things and hoping that one of them will settle him down. He is very sweet though and I just cant get enough of him. One thing I have realised, the more heartache and disappointment we go through to get a baby, the more precious and special they are.

Cath - what would they do for the blocked tube? Would they have to do key hole surgery? Also, can you tell which side you ovulate from? I really hope they can give you some answers. I can't believe its been a whole year already. Where has the time gone?!? My best friend had an ectopic the day Josh was born and sadly lost her tube. It was terrible as we were in the same hospital (different wards thankfully) but going through very different experiences :(

Hi Kelly, Kat and Mama!

Hey Manny - they will do a HSG which involves (I think) injecting dye into my tubes to check for any blockages etc - your supposed to be fertile after it as its given your tubes a good ol flush out of your tubes! Yep! 1 year - gone so quick but yet slow if you get what i mean? so much has happened in the last year its unreal!

How you feeling hun>? xxx

I've had two hsg's done it can help unblock a tube of it is minimally obstructed and does give them a good ol' clean out if they're not blocked.

So klemon did any embies make the testing?

Kelly did it hurt at all or was it just cramping? Really hope they will do it when i get my next cycle - iv been looking at going private for that but it costs £280 :-/

Love your piccy hun!!

Yeah, Klemon how did it go hun? xxx

Good luck Klemon, really great to hear from you! Keep us posted abut those little embies :) x

Cath, so glad you're being referred, a step in he right direction hopefully.x

Hi manny, and Kelly hoe those gorgeous little bundles are well :) x

LADIES!!!! HELLO!
sorry not been on for months! Manny, Oh massive congratulations, im so happy for you, he is just gorgeous, glad everything went well!
Hope everyone else is doing well? only skimmed through last pages, cath any updates and Kelly how is lexi? mama hows bump?
klemon,sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for from the tests, have you had another round of ivf yet?
Izzy is doing so much better with tummy now as shes on food and not having as much milk, her poo is still dark green tho and stinks! have tried lf, gaviscon and all sorts, the gaviscon worked which made me think reflux but doesn't explain the bottom end!
Wedding was good, still not talking to in inlaws, it was pretty awkward, she had a face like a smacked arse the whole way through and the whole family just ignored me.
will try get some pics up now :)
love to everyone xxxx

954706_10151474354058422_800412601_n.jpg

922714_10151514436909193_1292281488_n.jpg

Will try upload some of izzy of phone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members