Cd2, first round of clomid, anyone with me?

todmommy that's great news. I am so excited for you! :)

I think IUI itself which includes sperm washing isn't that expensive and covered by insurance to some extent but the drugs raise the price.

Yea I think most people say it will cost around $1000 to do iui and in my mind I was thinking the actual procedure when what is meant by that is the price with all of the meds and appointments and stuff that goes along with iui

This TTC gets expensive. We are supposed to visit family this December but DH says we aren't going. We need to get this BFP first and for that we might need IUI and numerous visits to fertility clinic and that involves loads of $$$$

Completely agree. I could have gotten another kid through their first year with the money spent on ttc :haha: That's a bummer that you won't be going but awesome that your husband is as determined as you are to make it happen!

So my plan is to be on clomid for this cycle and next cycle (may be with higher dose). Then I will make an appointment with my doctor in September to discuss the next step. I need a break for a cycle at least ( may be not from trying but from meds ) before moving to IUI.

So I asked my OBGYN's office on patient portal about IUI and all...got a response from them this evening. I am impressed that they explained it nicely. But here comes the issue. If I ovulate on weekend then they will send me to one of the two office they work with. Problem is that the other office (Houston IVF) located in the same building only file insurance for their patient not any referral patient (me). So I don't know if I need to go to them (in case I ovulate on weekend )who will file my insurance. Btw my OB office will send DH to Houston IVF too for providing his sample.

One office will work on my body on weekdays (giving me trigger shot and all ) and other office will do my IUI. It seems so confusing.

Now I am thinking better to contact Houston IVF directly and book a consultation and be their direct patient.

Hi Ladies!! Sorry I keep disappearing but I wanted to check in with you all and let you know i've been thinking about you!!

As expected AF showed up last week so we are on round two of Clomid. Fingers crossed!!

Sending you all lots of love and positive thoughts!!

Welcome back Love2Run :flower:
Sorry that AF got you. :hugs: Good luck for second round of clomid.

We are all on the second round of clomid expect joy. She is in her TWW of first clomid cycle.

todmommy, how did the doctor appointment go ? Did you get your trigger shot ? When is the IUI scheduled ? I am getting so excited for you! :D

Fairyy that is bizarre about the clinic switch, I get the purpose but the fact that the other clinic won't take referrals just baffles me. I think a break in a couple cycles is a great idea! It gets so overwhelming!

Love sorry to hear about AF, I have high hopes for this cycle for you! Sending positive vibes your way :dust:

Drum roll please :haha: jk. So I did get my trigger at about 9:30 this morning and IUI is scheduled for 3:00 tomorrow! So it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but it was better than last month. We had 4 follicles again, last month the largest was 15 and iffy. This month I have a 17 that they said looks very favorable :dance: and a 15(?) that they said may go as well. The nurse actually said the words "we could be looking at multiples" :cloud9:

Things sounds promising todmommy.
Wish you all the very best for IUI today. :happydance::flower:

I have started to get cm from last two three days but it is creamy plus watery like last time. So I will start taking my expectorant from today (cd11)

Piper, how are you ? Have you started taking opk this cycle ?

Love2Run, any update ?

Joy: Any symptoms ? When are you testing ?

DH's sample is officially at the lab! There was many many f-bombs dropped on his way there and many things said that were quite hurtful if I'm being honest but DH called me after the sample was dropped off and it was a total 180 he seems more relaxed and more like himself. I'm hoping things will go back to normal between us now that his part of the iui is done.

Helps that I told him he could buy a new rifle and drink with his buddies today. He is feeling so emasculated right now he needs to go do "man" things :haha:

I'm so sorry hurtful things were said :hugs: It's hard on all of us to go through this month after month but I am glad to hear he successfully dropped his sample at the lab!! :thumbup: Sending lots of good vibes and well wishes that this is your month!!!!

Oh my gosh I could scream I am so relieved right now :haha: DH's count after the wash was 275 million with motility of 98% :dance:

Hi Ladies! Mind if I join in on the conversation? I've been TTC for 2.5 years now. I just started clomid 50 this month (took it on cd5-9). Now we're on cd12. Waiting on the solid smiley.

Love2Run--Which days are you taking clomid?

Todmommy--Those numbers are FANTASTIC!!!!

MrsTeacher---Welcome!!!:wave: Which subject do you teach? I teach HS science.;)

AFM----We've decided not to get the IUI done this cycle. My TSH level exceeds 3.0 & my RE wants it be at 2.5 or less. Will start taking a higher dose of synthroid tomorrow.[-o<

I teach kindergarten. School starts back up on the 10th. �� Where did the summer go?

I'm really worried about taking clomid and having those glorious moodswings around a new batch of kindergarteners! Really hoping this cycle works!

Piper I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: Hopefully it works out for next cycle!

Welcome mrsteacher :wave: I can't imagine being a kindergarten teacher oh lawdy I would go crazy! :haha: My son, after much deliberation, is starting kindergarten this year and I just imagine 20 of him running around hahaha. Hopefully the cycle works for you! Have you taken clomid before?

Kindergarten is crazy! Especially the beginning of the year! But oh so rewarding. :)

This was my first cycle with clomid.

Welcome Mrs Teacher :flower:
I didn't have any side effect with clomid last cycle. I took it at the night time after dinner. This cycle I took in the morning and I can feel the side effects. But it is manageable. The only thing annoying this time is the hot flashes. Do you have any side effects from it ?

piper, I hope timed BD this cycle would help to catch the egg if not then I hope your level comes down to 2.5 and you can have a successful IUI next cycle. Either way wish you all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->