Cerazette Casualties

Hi Kaz, I'm doing also trying to keep my charting from OH as if doesn't like to think we are 'trying'. If wants to think if we get pregnant it's an accident! Men! But i'm a scientist at heart and can't help charting! He found my chart yesterday and wasn't too pleased but didn't make too much of a fuss.

Good luck Kaz!

L

Hi Loopy, hope you well. Just realised we are only a day apart with AF so hopefully we can both get some good news at the same time (or at least compare notes!) Im going to use my OV tests around 31st to see if the dates the charting has given me are right (not sure if thats what you are supposed to do or not....totally clueless as usual) Merry Xmas when it comes. xx

Hi Girls,

I hope everyone is doning well and that you are all ready for the Christmas break. Just doing the last hour in work (killing time actually) What's work????

I hope that everyone has a lovely Christmas and all the best for the new year! May we all get our BFP in the new year!

Michelle x

Sunshine,

Yes I'll be trying to use OPKs too around that time, assuming it's not too difficult to keep it a secret from OH!! Keep in touch.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

L

Would you believe it - I'm a scientist too!!!!!

Thank goodness it's Christmas now so I can hang up my white coat for a couple of weeks so I can concentrate on trying to make a baby. We should have lots of spare time to make good use of :)

No idea how long it will be till I ovulate - I expect things will be way off for a while, so bd every other day until AF again. Here's hoping...

Have a very merry Christmas everyone (hey on the bright side as we're all still TTC we can drink and be merry)

Hello Cerazette chums

Where has everyone gone from this thread? Just wondering how everyone is getting on - any BFPs yet?

No idea where I'm up to, it's now 28 days since the end of my first post Cerazette mammoth AF (15 days!!!). Did a HPT last week but BFN. Had a little pink staining yesterday and was convinced it was start of AF, but it's all gone quiet again. I've given up trying to guess. Tried OPKs for 3 weeks but always negative (just the cheap strips).

Am trying to ignore the HPT in my cupboard till the weekend. If still no AF I'll try again. Fed up getting negative OPKs and HPTs. Tried BBT but that only lasted 3 days, #1 gets me up most mornings at stupidly early times so I can't get 3 hours consecutive sleep before testing.

OH is getting tired of bding every other day - think he wants me to get AF or BFP so he can have a rest :winkwink:

Hello!

I'm still here!! I'm in my 2WW at the mo', I'm 9DPO and trying hard to wait until Friday to test.

Reading over my last couple of posts in here I realised things have moved on for me with OH - he now knows about my temping and is now quite keen to TTC. :thumbup: Not sure but think it may have something to do with us getting engaged over xmas, he probably feels it's a bit closer to being 'proper'! He's even keeping his laptop off his lap to ensure he doesn't lower his sperm count!! :haha:

So keep your fingers crossed for me girls!

L

Mikie,

I just noticed you've had another MC - so so sorry to hear this - are you OK? :hug:

L

can anyone help? i have been taking cerazette for years and never had a period whilst on it. I came off of it two months ago and got two positive pregnancy tests this week although I still have not had a period. I have had some light brown spotting which has currently stopped...no pain and no other symptoms apart from slightly tender and fuller breasts. I spoke to a midwife who said the tests could be false positives due to hormonal changes! i have never heard of this before! Has anyone had a similar experience? I have had a blood test and currently awaiting the results.

Hi gef,

False positives as far as I'm aware are rare, so chances are you're pregnant! People seem to trust the digital clearblue pegnancy tests the most, so you could try one of those to help confirm. The spotting was probably egg implantation spotting. When are your results due back?

Congratulations!

L

Hi, I'm new. I've just come off Cerazette after 8 months because it was turning me into a lunatic. We've decided it's time to TTC - am really scared my system is completely messed up because of that pill though. Well, fingers crossed... you guys all seem very brave and inspiring BTW.

Hello ijsos!

Welcome to the group. In what way was it turning you into a lunatic?!!

Don't worry too much, only a proportion of people have trouble after coming off cerazette. Were your periods regular before using it? Have you had a period since coming off it?

Most people on here seem to have had a period within about 5-8 weeks of coming off it, so don't worry if it takes a little while.

It took me 5 weeks to get a period, and I'm just on my second period now after a very normal 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 15! How much more normal can you get??! Although time with tell whether my cycles settle down into a regular pattern.

Good luck with TTC and keep us updated!

L

thanks loopyloo23

i am def pregnant. have had an early scan but only can see the embryotic sac at present, reckon im only 4 weeks though so too early to see. I have another scan next week so hopefully will progress further. Slightly worried as iv'e had a missed miscarriage before although i have had my daughter since. Good sign that my hcg levels are still rising.

will keep you posted

hi ijsos

Dont worry! I was on cerazette for four years and never had a period. I came off it in nov and haven't had a period And now im five weeks pregnant! so if you've only been on it a short while, im sure you will be fine.

Good luck

Hi

Great news Loopyloo23 - your cycle sounds textbook! Hope that will mean you can catch the eggy next ov.

Big congrats gef - I fell pg with #1 after bcp with no AF first.

ijsos - thought I would give you some good news... I got a :bfp: on Thursday :happydance:

I'd been on Cerazette for 18 months after #1, took 6 weeks for first AF, then had strange not-quite AF a week ago. Thought I should do a test and got a big surprise!

I've had an early scan and hCG in case I was a good few weeks gone and the bleeding was a MC. Scan found a sac and hCG is still quite low, suggesting the bleeding was implantation and I'm only about 4 weeks. Having another blood test tomorrow and fingers crossed it will show an increase. Then I can relax a bit.

Just trying to hope for the best but still prepare for the worst. But if nothing else I am pleased that it shows I can get pg again.

See - Cerazette is not all bad!

Good luck everyone :hugs:

Thanks Looploo23 and gef!

Cerazette has made me snappy, weepy and cross with everyone and everything - a bit like having PMT all the time... It's like I had no edit facitility on what I was saying and all of the horrible things in my head came out of my mouth without me being able to stop them. It put a massive strain on my relationship (thankfully A is very supportive, but sensed his patience wearing very thin at times). I went to the doc 2 months in, and she persuaded me to stay on it to give it time to 'settle down'. It did a bit I suppose, but I really think it messed with my hormones and head.

Kaz that's great news! whoop! and gef too! Great to hear some good news on this thread. Keep in touch both and give us updates on your lovely eggies! Xxx

Hi ladies, I never new that this pill could cause so much stress! My heart goes out to all of you!! I will be keeping my eye on you all to see if you get your BFPs!!!!!!!

You should put how many people have had a BFP on your group name!

It would give people inspiration to see so many of you get BFPS!!

xxx Franxx

Hi ladies, I never new that this pill could cause so much stress! My heart goes out to all of you!! I will be keeping my eye on you all to see if you get your BFPs!!!!!!!

You should put how many people have had a BFP on your group name!

It would give people inspiration to see so many of you get BFPS!!

xxx Franxx

hey lilysmum :)
think there have been quite a few success stories from the group me being one of them. I only tend to pop in for a wee look every now & again to see how everyone doing but i dont really know any of the newer girls as im an oldie from back in August/September - maybe one of them would like to compile a list of BFP's..
Have you had problems with Cerazette? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->