Cerazette Casualties

Hi, welcome to the thread! and congrats on TTC :)

Yeah, i didnt realise that you carried a higher risk for ectopics after coming off of cerazette. I must admit i am panicking a little now as i have been having lots of stabbing pains on the bottom right hand side today, thankfully i have a docs appointment tomorrow so hopefully she can put my mind at rest.

Try not to worry sweetie, yes miscarriage is very common and apparently 50% of all first time pregnancies are chemical pregnancies (like mine, when the baby is lost when your period shows up) but a lot of women dont even realise they have had one. So that statistic is more speculation than anyone else. Worrying about it isnt going to stop it from happening, or cause it to happen, so you might as well chill out and enjoy the ride! :hugs:

Apparently the reason for the higher ectopic risk is that Cerazette is one of the only pills to act on the ovaries preventing ovulation. So depending on when you start taking it...the eggy could be almost ready to burst and then gets put on "pause" for a year or how ever long you take it and it gets old. I simply couldn't wait to start TTC and now I wish I had because it has set me back 2 months at least. :cry:

I've also heard that Cerazette affects tube motility aswell by acting on the little "hairs" that push the egg along to the right place...Don't know the truth of it. I know I'll never know the cause of my ectopic but my heart blames Cerazette! :(

i know im NEVER taking it again, never ever.

Me tooo NEVER EVER! Booooooooooooo *Hissss*

in all seriousness, though, i dont understand why this pill is the one that is pretty much automatically issued to breastfeeding mums. and they are really reluctant to try you on a different type of mini-pill, too. I complained about the irregular bleeding and low moods every time i went to the FP clinic but it was always just met with a shrug and "well if thats the only side effects you are having its not worth changing" *rolls eyes*

aanyway. on CD7 and i am unsure as to whether we should actually try this month or not. I mean obviously i want to but my LP might be too short again and i know i wont be able to resist testing early again. Dunno if i can handle losing another bean. i think cerazette has caused a hormone imbalance of some kind, from what i have read it will be temporary but could take months to right itself!

Im_mi I really feel for you. :hugs: Has your GP given you any advice? How long did you say you have been off cerazette?

L

Hi girls just popping in to say hello and see how you all doing...

A big welcome to you loopylou (aka Lisa) - I feel SO lucky at the moment!!
The ladies here are just great :thumbup: here's to a smooth time for you TTC

Love Lisa xx

in all seriousness, though, i dont understand why this pill is the one that is pretty much automatically issued to breastfeeding mums. and they are really reluctant to try you on a different type of mini-pill, too. I complained about the irregular bleeding and low moods every time i went to the FP clinic but it was always just met with a shrug and "well if thats the only side effects you are having its not worth changing" *rolls eyes*

aanyway. on CD7 and i am unsure as to whether we should actually try this month or not. I mean obviously i want to but my LP might be too short again and i know i wont be able to resist testing early again. Dunno if i can handle losing another bean. i think cerazette has caused a hormone imbalance of some kind, from what i have read it will be temporary but could take months to right itself!

If you are concerned about your LF have you thought about Vit B6 in a B complex? I am trying it this cycle so can't say for sure if it works yet but it can't hurt! Although apparently don't take more than 50mg for the first try because some people went straight for 100mg and it threw things off.
My advice to my best friend who also lost a month ago was to BD as/when she felt ready....do her OPKs and if she wanted to go for it then do so. Well...she went for it and is now almost 5 weeks pg again.
You'll get your sticky hun. x :hugs:

Can I join the thread please. Am 36 (almost 37) and TTC #1. Another Cerazette casualty although just finding out all the issues with it now. Came off it around 2 weeks ago and now getting what feels like AF pains so not sure whats going on and adamant Im not going to get obsessed thinking about it (although Im sure I will!). Big hello to everyone. xx

Thanks Loopyloo and Kimmy. Its great having this forum. I was made redundant recently and not working so the days are longer than usual (gives me more time to try and not think about babies!!) xxx

It's hard isn't it?! It seems that is ALL I think about :blush:
x

Well :bfn: for me this morning girls. Well it has only been 2 weeks 2 days since stopping the pill, so I can't expect it to be positive really! But when you've not had your first AF you don't know where your cycle is!

I'm going to see a friend in a week or so who is a GP I'll ask her about cerazette and if she's come across any issues with getting pregnact after it. I'll let you all know if she says anything interesting.

L

Hi again Loopyloo23

Now I am confused! Got AF on Tues 6 weeks after last cerazette. Seemed a pretty normal AF - but it only lasted one day. Very strange. Now I'm not sure if things are getting back to normal. Maybe this was because I went straight onto cerazette after having #1. Wonder whether I should get some OPKs and test every few days to see how things are going.

Last time I was so relaxed with no expectations (if you excuse the pun!) and it happened so easily, this time all I can think is baby, baby, baby!

Me again

Sorry for your BFN today, but it is early days for you. If you keep bd you never know...

I promised myself that I would wait 4 weeks before testing, but I felt so sick in the mornings (gone now) that I did wonder... BFN though.

I'm going to try to wait till Jan before testing again.

Good luck Kaz and Loopy. I think Im going to wait until January too. Although we are 'trying' we've only had sex once since coming off pill 2 weeks ago so kind of pointless!! My libido still shot i think. I know I should make more effort to do it more regularly but I still cant be bothered half the time (is that bad to admit!?!) Should I keep a calendar or something once i get my first AF? Im really clueless. Do you normally ovulate 2 weeks after AF and have AF every 4? Its been so long since I paid any attention that Im kind of nieve about it all! Have a good day everyone. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->