Cerazette for 1 month - chances of conceiving quickly

maisie78

Mum
Reaction score
Just give a bit of back story we had our lo in Oct and had planned on having another very soon afterwards as neither of use is getting any younger (I'm 34 & OH is 37) but we found out that lo has a rare genetic condition that has resulted in her becoming fully blind at 7 months old. We weren't sure if the condition had come from me (x chromosome linked so extremely unlikely to be oh) so were waiting on test results. We had decided that if I was a carrier we would have no further children. We have just found out that it was a spontaneous mutation and the likelihood of it affecting future children is nearly zero.

We want to start ntnp again, we did this with lo and it worked well for us to have no stress. We conceived really quickly with her However, I would like to try and catch before returning to work in 2 months. I have been really slack about taking my pill regularly until just this last month where I missed probably 2 days. I nearly completed the packet, 4 left I think, but threw them away yesterday. Do you think my cycle will return to normal pretty quickly since I hasn't been taking the pill regularly?

Sorry long post but after convincing myself in the last few months that more children were probably a big no no I find that now I know we can have more, my need to get pregnant NOW is overwhelming.

Hiya,

Only going by my own experience - I was on Cerazette for a relatively short time, probably only about 4 months or so and then I stopped taking it as it was making me severely depressed. As far as I can remember my cycles regulated pretty quickly so I think you'll be in with a chance.

Fingers crossed for you!

I came off Cerazette 27th June, had a completely normal period on 30th June. Lasted about 5 days. Thought i was due on 30th July but nothing :(

I was on cerazette for 4 months, 3 months prior to the i tried depo but didnt like that so went back to cerrazette. In total i have been on & off contraception ever since DD was born in Sep 2010 now that i want another im so worried it's messed my cycles up.

Thing thats most irritating is i still had periods while on the pill & depo. Always have. I know a lot of peoples sometimes stop but mine didnt and somehow now i've come off it i've had nothing ! Done 3 tests in the last 6 days! I'm going to go stir crazy if this goes on any longer.

Im trying to tell myself to just not think about it and go with the flow but its so difficult. Me & OH have just decided for deff to start trying for baby #2 and then this happens. It's so annoying as you have no control of your body and you literally just have to wait.

I know im being stupid as we've only just decided to and theres so many woman out there that have been trying to months or years and in that respect i feel like a complete cow but when you decide to try again its so exciting and im not the most patient person in the world either. If i want something i want it like yesterday! Haha.

I've never wanted to see AF so much in my life - just so i know it can be a starting point!

Aw, LALSmith - it's difficult when you feel so out of control of your own body. Fingers crossed that you get a nice normal cycle back ASAP!

I came off Cerazette 27th June, had a completely normal period on 30th June. Lasted about 5 days. Thought i was due on 30th July but nothing :(

I was on cerazette for 4 months, 3 months prior to the i tried depo but didnt like that so went back to cerrazette. In total i have been on & off contraception ever since DD was born in Sep 2010 now that i want another im so worried it's messed my cycles up.

Thing thats most irritating is i still had periods while on the pill & depo. Always have. I know a lot of peoples sometimes stop but mine didnt and somehow now i've come off it i've had nothing ! Done 3 tests in the last 6 days! I'm going to go stir crazy if this goes on any longer.

Im trying to tell myself to just not think about it and go with the flow but its so difficult. Me & OH have just decided for deff to start trying for baby #2 and then this happens. It's so annoying as you have no control of your body and you literally just have to wait.

I know im being stupid as we've only just decided to and theres so many woman out there that have been trying to months or years and in that respect i feel like a complete cow but when you decide to try again its so exciting and im not the most patient person in the world either. If i want something i want it like yesterday! Haha.

I've never wanted to see AF so much in my life - just so i know it can be a starting point!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm really impatient too. It doesn't help that we conceived Gabriella in our first month of trying. I hadn't been on bc for 15 months but we always avoided ov time of the month. First month actually trying and we got pregnant. So this has made me even more impatient :(

Af is still not here which is so frustrating :( I only took the pill for a month, surely it can't have messed my cycles up this much! I have always been regular as clockwork but now I'm 3 days late. I know it's not because I'm pregnant so just want af to get here so we can start trying.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm really impatient too. It doesn't help that we conceived Gabriella in our first month of trying. I hadn't been on bc for 15 months but we always avoided ov time of the month. First month actually trying and we got pregnant. So this has made me even more impatient :(

Af is still not here which is so frustrating :( I only took the pill for a month, surely it can't have messed my cycles up this much! I have always been regular as clockwork but now I'm 3 days late. I know it's not because I'm pregnant so just want af to get here so we can start trying.

That's exactly the same as us maisie78. We fell pregnant first month with DD. albeit we didn't actually intend to, we just weren't careful but were happy once we found out. Now that we want baby number 2 in worried it wont be as quick. Again, i feel a bit bad thinking like that as it does take some time for some woman & i should consider myself very lucky that i did conceive so quickly first time as not everyone is that lucky but its just my impatient streak wanted it ASAP. I now 4 days late. Well in starting to think "am i late though" as my cycles could be messed up therefore i wouldn't have been due on then anyway. Done A test this morning though but negative. I don't feel like AF is going to cone anytime soon either. Last few months my boobs start hurting about a week before & everything in the world starts to wind me up around the same time - but I've got none of that. I have had weird pulling feelings in my stomach & my legs have ached most the week so god knows whats going on. Just wish id get AF or a positive do i know what's going on with my body!

Sorry to hear about your little girls condition she is so gorgeous in your photo.

I have been cerazette since my lo was 6 weeks old. She's just turned one and I stopped taking it a few weeks ago and haven't had a period yet.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"