Cervical cancer *update pg4*

c1reid

mummy to teigan and bump
Reaction score
i have just found out this week i have it.After getting treatment 2 weeks ago for cin ii abnormal cells with lletz i was suddenly called into hospital to see consultant.He was lovely but told me the devastating news from the results of the treatment i have a cancerous tumour.Im going for an MRI today to get an idea of size and if its spread and then will be referred to a cancer center in another town to get treatment.What i get will depend on MRI results but will most likely be hysterectomy/chemo/radiotherapy.

Now i had these abnormal changes for a year but treatment was put off due to me being pregnant, Ladies dont ever put off smears.I didnt but had to put off treatment and here i am,its not worth it.I wouldnt change a thing as i have my beautiful son and he is obviously meant to be here,the cancer is my problem but if you have a choice of going for smears dont put it off.Be brave and get it seen to.

Im going through every emotion these last few days,i have a fantastic macmillan nurse who is also a family friend and my family and partner have been amazing.I will not let this beat me if i can help it....the thought of being taken away from my children destroys me more than cancer would.

If you've taken time to read this then thanks.I wasnt going to share this but smears etc are so important.I dont want to scare anyone,Ive just been unlucky in that mine progressed so quickly.Take care and please pray for me,im so scared of leaving my children,its so hard being positive when the thought of that just leaves me struggling to breathe.How dare this cancer come into my life and threaten me and make me feel like this,im getting married next year,getting better for my children and partner and family is my focus.Take care xx

i have just found out this week i have it.After getting treatment 2 weeks ago for cin ii abnormal cells with lletz i was suddenly called into hospital to see consultant.He was lovely but told me the devastating news from the results of the treatment i have a cancerous tumour.Im going for an MRI today to get an idea of size and if its spread and then will be referred to a cancer center in another town to get treatment.What i get will depend on MRI results but will most likely be hysterectomy/chemo/radiotherapy.

Now i had these abnormal changes for a year but treatment was put off due to me being pregnant, Ladies dont ever put off smears.I didnt but had to put off treatment and here i am,its not worth it.I wouldnt change a thing as i have my beautiful son and he is obviously meant to be here,the cancer is my problem but if you have a choice of going for smears dont put it off.Be brave and get it seen to.

Im going through every emotion these last few days,i have a fantastic macmillan nurse who is also a family friend and my family and partner have been amazing.I will not let this beat me if i can help it....the thought of being taken away from my children destroys me more than cancer would.

If you've taken time to read this then thanks.I wasnt going to share this but smears etc are so important.I dont want to scare anyone,Ive just been unlucky in that mine progressed so quickly.Take care and please pray for me,im so scared of leaving my children,its so hard being positive when the thought of that just leaves me struggling to breathe.How dare this cancer come into my life and threaten me and make me feel like this,im getting married next year,getting better for my children and partner and family is my focus.Take care xx

Sweetie :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I saw this post and just had to answer you :hugs:

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer almost exactly 7 years ago, when I was 37 ... I had all the tests that you are about to have and ended up with a radical hysterectomy - I was lucky enough that the pathology tests showed that I didn't need any further treatment.

I remember how devastated I was, the confusion, the anger, the 'why me?', and above all else the fear and the sadness... it was a dreadful time in my life and it's taken a long time to get over the emotional impact that it made.

I'm here for you to rage at, to offer support and to help you through this - feel free to pm me at any time and I'll happily give you my phone number if you just want to talk rather than type :hugs::hugs:

You can and WILL get through this Hon :hugs:

I'm off to work now ... but don't want you to feel that I've left you hanging by offering support and then going offline :( :hugs:

Thinking of you :hugs:

I'm off to work now ... but don't want you to feel that I've left you hanging by offering support and then going offline :( :hugs:

Thinking of you :hugs:

Thank you so much,i pm'd you xx

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear this :( Hopefully the MRI won't reveal that its spread. Stay positive X

p.s. i've never had a smear but will def go get one.

Oh hun i'm so sorry, i was in a similar situation had a smear then got preg and the results came back with cin3 abnormal cells they wouldn't treat me until after pregnancy i had my boy and went in for the treatment they had to remove a large portion of my cervix. Now i am waiting for the results of my 6 month smear and hoping it hasn't come back. I am glad they caught it quickly and can give you all the treatment you need, i will be thinking of you and if you ever need a friendly ear i'm here for you xxx

Didn't want to read and run. You are in my prayers - you WILL beat this hon.

Massive :hugs:

oh im so sorry! stay strong...you will beat this!!
thinking of you :hugs:
thank you for posting this people really do need to be made aware.

Thinking of you and your family, stay positive, and i will say a prayer for you, couldnt possibly imagine what your going through, the thought of it is scary enough, Keep us updated. xxxxx

I didn't want to read and run but wanted to send you lots of :hugs: xx

:hugs: stay strong hun...your in my thoughts xxx

Reading this post has reminded me to book in for a smear as ive not have one for a while. Thinking of you and hope you get better soon x

oh hun how awful :( its appauling they aren't stricter on smear tests Im hearing more & more of thewse sad stories at the moment :(

Keep us updated wont you :hugs: xx

Really thinking of you and your family, such a considerate thing to do warning all of us to have smears at this stressful time for you. thank you,
And as i said, thinking of you, hope all goes well and lots of love!xxxxxxxxxx

I just wanted to say good luck for the future. I do hope you beat this and get to spend many more years with your wonderful family. I have been treated for abnormal cells and was so lucky in that further treatment wasn't necessary. I now bang down the door of the doctors surgery whenever my smear is due!

And thank you so much for finding the strength to come on here and share. You are in my prayers x x

didnt want to read and run hun. But I dont really know what I can say! Massive hugs to you and you can and WILL beat this...

and thank you so so much for thinking of others when you are going through such a traumatic time :hugs: I too have never had a smear (as i'm under 25 the docs dont push for one) but will book myself for one!

Thinking of you and your family :hugs::hugs: xx

Didn't want to read n run. :hugs: Think positive and u will beat this. Thinking of u n ur family xx
I had smear test last month and was scared when received a letter last Friday, they found i got mild dyskaryosis (CIN1) so they need to test me asap to see if it needs treatment or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->