Cervix q

L

Laura--x

At my first sweep cervix was 50% effaced and i was one and a half cm dilated ( as im sure you all know cus i'vetold everyone about 20 times :rofl:)

At my second one today, she told me i was still one and a half cm dilated, but my cervix was alot thinner. She said something like 'nearly all the way there, or nearly ready' or something like that, but she didn't give a percentage like last time. She hasn't writ one in my notes either...

Does the thinner the cervix mean the closer you are to labor? or could your cervix be as thin as it can be for weeks before just like you can be dilated?

Sorry for all the annoying questions :dohh:

Im not sure hun, i dont think it means too much, although it does mean that itll be ready once it kicks off.

Im there with you on the needing baby out front though. Hope it happens soon for you. :hugs:

Am not sure sorry hun, but didnt wanna read and run.

Fingers crossed its good news as i know how much having your baby girl now means to you.

Hugs

im not sure hun, i was told it was 'almost there' and 'things look good' and i dont think youll need induction blah balh blah!! at my second sweep

I was given a Bishops scale at my 3rd, but just given my score, rather than having each bit explained.

Have you not been given a date for indution?

im not sure hun, i was told it was 'almost there' and 'things look good' and i dont think youll need induction blah balh blah!! at my second sweep

I was given a Bishops scale at my 3rd, but just given my score, rather than having each bit explained.

Have you not been given a date for indution?

Ive got an appt next thursday ( day after my duedate) which is to book one xx

Good luck hunny! Hope it works for you sooner rather than later

Found this hun, might help?? :shrug:

The Bishops Score generally follows this scale:

Score Dilatation Effacement Station Position Consistency

0 closed 0 – 30% -3 posterior firm
1 1-2 cm 40 -50% -2 mid-position moderately firm
2 3-4 cm 60 -70% -1,0 anterior soft
3 5+ cm 80+% +1,+2

A point is added to the score for each of the following:
Preeclampsia
Each prior vaginal delivery

A point is subtracted from the score for:
Postdates pregnancy
Nulliparity
Premature or prolonged rupture of membranes
Interpretation

cesarean rates: first time mothers women with past vaginal deliveries

scores of 0 – 3: 45% 7.7%
scores of 4 - 6: 10% 3.9%
scores of 7 - 10: 1.4% .9%

Induction is generally attempted when a mother has a favorable Bishop's score. A mother may be given misoprostol, cytotec or prostaglandin gel to help ripen the cervix and improve the score. A score of five or less is said to be "unfavorable." If induction is indicated, the mother would be a candidate for a cervical ripening agent. These are usually introduced one or two nights before the planned induction. A score of eight or nine would indicate that the cervix was very ripe and induction would have a high probability of being successful.

Your physician can assist you in understanding and interpreting your own Bishop's Score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->