Ch5 - home births pushed on people

ECV can result in distress and in some cases enough to go to CS. If you do decide to go ahead with one, ask how many the consultant has done successfully. Make sure who ever is doing it is the most experienced :)

ECV - external cephalic version - is manually turing the baby externally. You have uterus relaxing drugs then the doctor literally tries to turn the baby with his/her hands on yur bump. Obviously this can be pretty painful for you and scary for the baby which is why they wait to 37 weeks to do it. That way if they are distressed you are term and they will do a section.

Ive always said i would go for a normal breech delivery or even csection over a ECV. if the baby has room to move then surely it would have done?

They just seem so brutal

I don't think home births are a bad thing. What I do think is awful is the fact it may be pushed onto women. Some women just won't feel comfortable giving birth at home, if a woman is uncomfortable or doesn't feel safe it can actually slow labour down. Women should give birth where they feel safe and secure, whether it be at home on a hospital. No type of birth should be pushed on to anyone, unless one type is better due to medical reasons etc x

I think though most woman who say they would never have a home birth because they wont feel safe haven't researched it properly. People will go to a birth centre at the drop of a hat when really there is no difference between a birth centre and home. They have the same level of care, the same medical equiptment and In some places the birth centre is a good 30 mins away from the hospital, Mine is and even though i live 5 mins away from the hospital they were still trying to talk me into going to the birth centre than having a home birth.

It is about funding, the more women that have home births the less the hospitals get in there budget so the less staff they have. The nhs is all internal politics.

They will never force women to birth at home just in the way they dont force women into MW led units and can't force them in to hospitals.. It's nonsense and just the media trying to whip up a frenzy.

I agree, think the word pushed is being used instead of encouraged or suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->