Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

Crikey Tasha, a J cup :shocked:

Honestly Emy, this is not your fault. If she doesn't feel confident wearing the dresses you've suggested or that he doesn't think they'll suit her figure then she needs to say that. When I was choosing dresses with my bridesmaids I showed them a load. My bridesmaid said she'd wear whatever I wanted her to but my MOH spoke up and said that she would hate to be in a dress that had her back/shoulders bare. So they've both got dresses that they each like. Your sister just seems to be ignoring you and seemingly moaning about it behind your back to your mum :wacko: How can she "give up" on your theme??! Your theme is your theme. It's not going to change just because 'she' doesn't get it.
I really hope she wakes up and makes this about you. Fingers crossed a trip to the dressmaker is successful. She can tell the woman what she likes/doesn't like and the dressmaker can show her how different cuts/necklines will look on her. Like Tasha said, she might even change her mind about what he thinks suits her

All of my brillant chat and advice from that you just took my cup size :rofl:

It is a bit like wedding dress shopping isnt it? She might think one thing and actually be amazed to find something that she never would of thought she liked but it be perfect on her (and for the theme).

It is exactly like wedding dress shopping in that respect. Only difference is she won't try the dresses :dohh:

:hugs: it is awful that it is making you feel like this. I think face to face will be better too, then you can have an honest heart to heart and hopefully come to an agreement. Does your Mum realise how much this is actually upsetting you too?

Fantastic news about the responses will keep my fingers crossed for a fab job asap, and then TTC :dance:

Thanks lovely :hugs:

I dunno, I think she thinks I'm just annoyed. I got angry about it on the phone but not upset. She can be really nasty though, that's what gets me. I can get mad and frustrated and what not but I don't tend to feel the need to be cruel :shrug: I hope it gets sorted and if not, I'll ask my older sister, who would be better anyway. I only didn't as she has a newborn but I may well do, or at least ask her LO to be flower girl, even if she won't be able to walk! If I ask my elder sister though that'll pose new problems as I have no idea what would suit her figure as she's pear shaped, about a size 16, and 5 ft 2. Any ideas? Not that she'd be difficult about it, though.

Now I'm a pear, currently a 16 and 5'5'' and even I could tell you lol! The key is to try things on I think, I hope your other sister will be better about the whole thing hun. Xx

I wanna say don't get upset about it but I know it's not that easy :hugs: She is not being fair at all. I think you need your mum to know that it's upsetting you. She shouldn't be taking sides anyway but if she knew how it was affecting you rather than thinking you were just being a Bridezilla (you're not btw, but I bet that's how they see it!) then she might talk your sister around a bit better.

No idea on the dress suggestions for your other sister. But if she's older then she probably knows herself what does/doesn't suit her and will hopefully be more mature about the decision process with you!

Fingers crossed about OHs jobs too. To have responses already is a really good sign. I'm sure he'll do fine :) And then you can get down to the baby making!!!

Well I'm umming and ahhing about whether to have my big sis who I'm actually really close to, or whether to just have her daughter, who will be 11 months. Issue there being that she probably won't be walking but I would have no problem at all finding a cute outfit :haha:

Could you not have both and have your sister carry her daughter down the aisle?

I guess so, I just 1) don't want the cost of two outfits and 2) don't want a huge bridal party, but I will just see how things turn out!

So I'm home now, had a talk, my mum thinkings I'm being unreasonable. Not allowed to not have her as a BM either. So frustrated.

Eurgh, no way!! It's YOUR wedding. How can they be dictating what you do and don't do?? :wacko: Have there been anymore developments yet? And more dress suggestions?

I know, I was SO annoyed at my mum taking her side. Apparently it has to be her leavers dress too, cos she can't afford to buy herself one as she's saving (?) so it has to be something she loves. We sort of agreed on this: https://pinterest.com/pin/17381148534494222/ (would have to get something similar made, the original is too expensive) but I said why not have a very slightly higher neckline so she isn't falling out. Yet again she went crazy. She is adamant that her boobs must be the main show! Anyway, dress makers on Tuesday. I did a post about it this week, though I toned it down a lot: https://www.thestockmandiaries.co.uk/styling/amy-her-bridesmaids.html

"sort of agreed"? Do you like it? I think it's lovely but far too much plunge for a wedding :nope: Hopefully the dressmaker will agree and will be able to talk your sister around. Maybe she'll listen if it comes from a professional? :shrug:

I love the dress but think the neckline is too low, she likes the dress and likes the neckline as it is. It doesn't help that my mum doesn't agree. She even thought the sparkly dress wasn't too low cut :nope:

Ah man :(

It doesn't sound like you're going to win this one :nope: It sounds like the priority is her leavers dress, so shes choosing based on that and then trying to fit it in around your wedding. Only thing I can say is, when it comes to the day all eyes will be on you and your amazing Pettibone dress, regardless of how much boob your sister is flashing. If anything, people will think she's out of her mind to wear a dress so low cut to a wedding, let alone as part of the bridal party

Thanks lovely, I hope so. I just think people will have thought I chose whatever disaster she opts for :dohh: Doesn't help it's gonna be blogged afterwards for all to see and judge.

Well then the blog can he;lp you to share that it wasnt your choice :)

Ah man :(

It doesn't sound like you're going to win this one :nope: It sounds like the priority is her leavers dress, so shes choosing based on that and then trying to fit it in around your wedding. Only thing I can say is, when it comes to the day all eyes will be on you and your amazing Pettibone dress, regardless of how much boob your sister is flashing. If anything, people will think she's out of her mind to wear a dress so low cut to a wedding, let alone as part of the bridal party

Couldn't have said it better myself, espescially the bolded bit

I'm so sorry you've been going through this with her. It's really not fair, as it's your wedding (regardless of whether she uses the dress for her leavers or not) and it should be about what you want :hugs:

I agree with Tasha, make sure your blog is clear about whose decision it was on her dress...or only blog images that she isn't in :haha:

Also in agreement! Sorry she's being like this, she will be quite devastated when she still isn't centre of attention on the day (even with her boobs hanging out!!) I hope she doesn't spoil it for you xx

Thank you girls :hugs: If it wasn't for you guys I'd be starting to think I really was being a crazy and unreasonable Bridezilla! I am working on some designs at the moment so will hopefully be able to update you soon with my planned BM dresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->