Charting group!

Aw thanks so much for your time and replies ladies, I apreciate that. I did indeed get a pos opk yest both lines were very faint the most faint I have ever had but the test line was slightly darker than the control line so def positive. The reason for not thinking it was ovulation was because Ive been spotting for two days now with quite bad cramping can that happen with ovulation? x

Ok, here is my OPK from just now. Definitely positive right? But look at my chart lol ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok, here is my OPK from just now. Definitely positive right? But look at my chart lol ...

Looks like you will ovulate in the next couple days. Get to bd-ing!

Looks like you will ovulate in the next couple days. Get to bd-ing!

Oh I will lol! DH doesn't get home til 6, at which point I will be taking advantage lol ... Sorry, I'm broody!:winkwink:

Temp at 5 am 97.58 (normal LP temp for me), temp at 715 am was 98.20 (when I actually got up)... and a BFN on a FRER at CD 33 and 16-17 DPO, now 6 days late. I give up, I do, LOL. Blood tests on Monday if all else fails.

UGH I'm sorry. :( This is really not making sense to me. How frustrating. I hope you get answers soon!

Temp at 5 am 97.58 (normal LP temp for me), temp at 715 am was 98.20 (when I actually got up)... and a BFN on a FRER at CD 33 and 16-17 DPO, now 6 days late. I give up, I do, LOL. Blood tests on Monday if all else fails.

UGH I'm sorry. :( This is really not making sense to me. How frustrating. I hope you get answers soon!

I read on WebMD, Mayo Clinic and a few other websites that despite HPT manufacturer's claims, it can take up to a week past an expected period for a positive HPT, that's when the tests are "most accurate." And then my scientist-logic kicked in this morning... my husband asked yesterday if there was a chance I'd have trouble getting a positive HPT, because I don't get positive OPKs - he has been educated on the structural similarities. Both are metabolized into their subunits and HPTs only detect the beta subunit, that's absent on LH, where the LH tests detect a common subunit of both chemicals. The reason I think he might be right, beyond that - variation in cycle length comes from the follicular phase, not the luteal phase. By tomorrow I will have exceed the maximum "normal" range for LP length, by both websites estimates of ovulation. And then I remembered that the purpose of hCG is to 'rescue' the corpus luteum to produce progesterone during the first trimester (before the placenta develops fully and takes over progesterone secretion) and prevent it from degrading, which is what starts a new cycle. I came up with two, mutually-exclusive hypotheses (both cannot be true):

Hypothesis 1: I'm pregnant and there must be hCG present, or I would have started a new cycle by now, due to degradation of the corpus luteum. And the hCG level is either 1. below the level of detection of the home tests, or 2. metabolized in a way that it's not being recognized by the home tests.

Hypothesis 2: I'm not pregnant and there is some other explanation for me going from a 10 day LP to a 16-17 day LP (as of today)... and as of yet, I haven't been able to find a single thing that would make this fit as the actual explanation.

So, FX and trying not to completely obsess over this whole thing. If no new cycle tomorrow, I'll be a full week late on Saturday. And Monday will be perfectly reasonable for blood tests, if there's not been any other change (e.g. new cycle starting).

wanabamum, looks to me like you ovulated cycle day 30. I got a positive opk the morning of the day that i actually ovulated last cycle, it was also the last day I got ewcm.

Well, I got another positive opk today, so I guess I have not ovulated yet. no ewcm though. cervix is open, but not high. it hasn't been high yet at all. God I hope ovulation wasn't yesterday, the hubs and I were not getting along so we didn't bd :(

Clandestine - that is a good point by your husband about OPKs not working for you so maybe there is a similar problem with HPTs. I have read that they don't work for some women. Fx your temp stays up this morning!

AFM ... my temp took a huge dive today (8 DPO). Very worried that AF is on the way. Apparently LP defects are common when you are breastfeeding but I am still going to be disappointed if I don't get a decent LP after all the drama of this cycle. :(

Clandestine - that is a good point by your husband about OPKs not working for you so maybe there is a similar problem with HPTs. I have read that they don't work for some women. Fx your temp stays up this morning!

AFM ... my temp took a huge dive today (8 DPO). Very worried that AF is on the way. Apparently LP defects are common when you are breastfeeding but I am still going to be disappointed if I don't get a decent LP after all the drama of this cycle. :(

I started spotting before dinnertime last night and it's way too late for an implantation bleed... so I know this cycle has come to a close and the jury will remain out on whether or not HPTs work for me. Just waiting for official "start" to show up already. I'm honestly grateful I didn't let my friend talk me into getting blood work done - would be so pissed at spending the money for nothing. Still no idea what's up with my LP, granted this is better than it was before (only 10 days), but now will have no clue when to expect what from my cycles from here on out.

You might just have a random low temperature - I had three - I think one on or near CD 8. Is it still above your coverline?

I started spotting before dinnertime last night and it's way too late for an implantation bleed... so I know this cycle has come to a close and the jury will remain out on whether or not HPTs work for me. Just waiting for official "start" to show up already. I'm honestly grateful I didn't let my friend talk me into getting blood work done - would be so pissed at spending the money for nothing. Still no idea what's up with my LP, granted this is better than it was before (only 10 days), but now will have no clue when to expect what from my cycles from here on out.

You might just have a random low temperature - I had three - I think one on or near CD 8. Is it still above your coverline?

I'm sorry. :( I really hoped you would get your BFP this time. I hate it that our bodies play tricks on us like that.

My temp isn't below my coverline but when I searched breastfeeding charts in FF it seems an 8 or 9 day LP is pretty common so I'm taking this dip as a bad sign. My skin is breaking out too which is frequently a sign that AF is on the way. :(

It might be a secondary estrogen surge, that's what usually causes mid-LP dips (and if you look on FF, they are usually above the coverline).

Thanks for the sympathy and maybe I'll be more upset when the "bright, red flow" starts, but I really just don't care anymore. I'm sure it's a defensive mechanism, but sick of ttc determining how I feel for more often of a month than not. Just going to focus on life outside of ttc and keep charting - obviously not wasting money on OPKs anymore!

Clandestine - :hugs: got my fingers crossed for you next month. Sorry the witch was playing games with you :hugs:

So sorry Clandestine. Fx for a BFP this cycle. Lisk, I hope it is just a random temp drop or due to a second surge like Clandestine said.
Afm- I am 9dpo after moving my ovulation over a day (by adding cm to the day I thought made more sense). My temp went up again which I was very happy to see with my temps dipping for the last 2 days.

I am spotting red now. Not good.

Knew that an LP defect was a possibility. I am still nursing a lot so not a big surprise.

@LisK - FX it's all BF-related!

Thanks for all of your support. I really am starting to wonder if something is just really out of sorts with my hormones. I never did get a true "bright red flow" and while I was expecting full-scale Armageddon overnight - everything stopped. Teensiest amount of tan-ish spotting this morning, like usual last day of a period this morning. Temp is still up, though I've been taking it later than usual, and boobs still sore. If my temp doesn't go down, I'll get blood work to see if maybe I have a luteal cyst (would be progesterone up, but hCG negative) or something else. Trying to just let things be what they are and live a life less bothered (by ttc and everything else I can't control).

Look at my chart! I screen shot so you didn't have to click on the link. I have a cold so I had trouble sleeping but I got at least 4 or 5. Fx this isn't a fluke temp that will drop dramatically tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
Look at my chart! I screen shot so you didn't have to click on the link. I have a cold so I had trouble sleeping but I got at least 4 or 5. Fx this isn't a fluke temp that will drop dramatically tomorrow

FX for you, ma'am!

@LisK - FX it's all BF-related!

Thanks for all of your support. I really am starting to wonder if something is just really out of sorts with my hormones. I never did get a true "bright red flow" and while I was expecting full-scale Armageddon overnight - everything stopped. Teensiest amount of tan-ish spotting this morning, like usual last day of a period this morning. Temp is still up, though I've been taking it later than usual, and boobs still sore. If my temp doesn't go down, I'll get blood work to see if maybe I have a luteal cyst (would be progesterone up, but hCG negative) or something else. Trying to just let things be what they are and live a life less bothered (by ttc and everything else I can't control).

That is so strange. Have you tested lately to make sure its not a crazy late implantation? How much later have you been temping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->