Charting group!

Look at my chart! I screen shot so you didn't have to click on the link. I have a cold so I had trouble sleeping but I got at least 4 or 5. Fx this isn't a fluke temp that will drop dramatically tomorrow

Wow that is quite a spike! Fx!!!!

All I had left this morning was a CB digital and yes, still BFN. I read somewhere in FF's FAQs that it's normal to have high or erratic temperatures during a period and even though that has not been my experience, assuming that's correct than my temperature should go back to pre-ovulation levels tomorrow, right?

I think I've resigned myself to get blood work done tomorrow if my temperature is still above 97.50 at 5 AM, my usual temp time, as my pre-o temps for two cycles have ranged from 96.8-97.45. My last two days of temps - I did get one at 5 AM, yesterday, but I didn't record it and cannot even guess at what it was - re-temped when I actually woke up at 815 and that's what's on my chart. Today's was about 720 am. They are still high for me. Usually my post-o temps vary quite a bit, if I take it late, but my pre-o temps tend to stay really low, even if I get up at 9 am.

I think I'm going to get hCG and progesterone levels - if the hCG is up and the progesterone is up - great, because I have the world's shyest BFP. If the hCG is negative and the progesterone is up, then I need to see my endocrinologist because that would mean the most likely scenario is a corpus luteum cyst - which are rare and typically resolve on their own with the subsequent period. If I have one, clearly it's still cranking out progesterone.

I just thought I had resolution and now, I don't :( Onto another day!

Just a quick update for you ladies. Despite massive reservations due to a sporadic incident of dark red/brown spotting this morning (which now seems to have passed) - I went ahead and had labs drawn for hCG and progesterone. Decided hiding from the truth doesn't change it and even if I've developed a wonky hormone condition, it's better to know and fix it, then to keep waiting without resolution. Please keep your FX for me!

Fx for you. I discarded yesterday's temp. Today was just a little lower than the day before so I'm sure it didn't go up and drop that drastically. Must have had a fever. Which is weird, I don't get fevers with colds! :shrug: 12dpo today :)

Just a quick update for you ladies. Despite massive reservations due to a sporadic incident of dark red/brown spotting this morning (which now seems to have passed) - I went ahead and had labs drawn for hCG and progesterone. Decided hiding from the truth doesn't change it and even if I've developed a wonky hormone condition, it's better to know and fix it, then to keep waiting without resolution. Please keep your FX for me!

Fingers crossed! When do you get your results back?

Fx for you. I discarded yesterday's temp. Today was just a little lower than the day before so I'm sure it didn't go up and drop that drastically. Must have had a fever. Which is weird, I don't get fevers with colds! :shrug: 12dpo today :)

Checked your chart and saw that AF came. :hugs: I'm sorry!

I get the results in 3-5 days. Feels longer than any TWW I've ever had - teensy tan/brown spotting is still here today... making me CRAZY. My husband is picking up a 3-pack of FRERs to keep me busy for the next few days :) I'm not sure I'm even remotely optimistic, but I'm almost desperate to know what's going on! Seriously CD 37 and 20-21 DPO - what is that???

Checked your chart and saw that AF came. :hugs: I'm sorry!

Yeah it did. Thanks. Just glad I can get on with the next cycle and hope it will be less than 50 days this time.
Good luck Clandestine.

@Babyrogers, I just posted to one of the other threads to you, but in case you miss it - you are the one person that makes me feel horrible for complaining about CD 38 coming up tomorrow - 68 Days, that takes it's toll! I really do hope the BC hormones have left your system and things get much easier for you here on out!

Hey ! can you guys do me a big favor? Charting completely confuses me, do any of you guys have a site that isn't overly confusing that I could us for charting?

@Mii - most of us use fertilityfriend.com, they have free online courses and charting, but do charge to use their advanced features. I keep a duplicate chart on countdowntopregnancy.com - they all basically work the same way. I hope that helps.

@Babyrogers, I just posted to one of the other threads to you, but in case you miss it - you are the one person that makes me feel horrible for complaining about CD 38 coming up tomorrow - 68 Days, that takes it's toll! I really do hope the BC hormones have left your system and things get much easier for you here on out!

Haha. Don't feel bad, I was tired after 38 days too lol. Thanks, I think they've started leaving my system the pain duing BDing that I got after being on them for three years. Hope you get some answers soon

Thanks, Babyrogers! Hopefully the poster on the other thread was correct about you just skipping a cycle, and things will return to normal this time.

AFM... BFN, tiniest bit of brown/tan spotting remains, and great wait for blood test results continues.

Thanks, Babyrogers! Hopefully the poster on the other thread was correct about you just skipping a cycle, and things will return to normal this time.

AFM... BFN, tiniest bit of brown/tan spotting remains, and great wait for blood test results continues.

AND your temp is still above the coverline. So bizarre! It's too bad they can't get you those blood results back quicker.

clandestinetx it really seems to me that you are preggers.

And blood work came back shockingly fast - will update long version in my journal tomorrow morning, but definitely BFN and definitely in my follicular phase, meaning my not impressive spotting was actually a super weak/light period and I may not have ovulated last cycle... which makes sense, sort of... still have sensitive/ tender boobs and lower, slightly left-sided abdominal cramps which makes me think perhaps my body is trying to ovulate now. Someone called FF "Fertility Frenemy" and I'm thinking I agree. Switched my tuning to Fertility Awareness Method, as it seems much more conservative than the Advanced detector - and that one is the only one which doesn't think I ovulated last cycle. Makes my 2 months of negative OPKs make sense? And my temps shift is ~ 0.15 degrees, where it's supposed to be 0.4-1.0 degrees... have a theory why there appears to be one at all, but will detail that in the morning. Right now just a little pissed at all the waiting and trying and this and that, and the temping/ charting was supposed to have told me if I was ovulating or not and it may have totally lied to me. And my friend's mom gave me the "you're trying way too hard" and should "relax" chat, which was definitely the least helpful thing anyone could have said to me today. Makes me want to quit, entirely, just to never have another super-insensitive thing said to me again. I'm really more pissed than anything right now. I'm a scientist and everything about all of this seems to betray all the facts and so-called science of reproduction. I promise I'll dig myself out of this intolerant funk by tomorrow morning - off to eat dinner and drink a bunch of wine!

And blood work came back shockingly fast - will update long version in my journal tomorrow morning, but definitely BFN and definitely in my follicular phase, meaning my not impressive spotting was actually a super weak/light period and I may not have ovulated last cycle... which makes sense, sort of... still have sensitive/ tender boobs and lower, slightly left-sided abdominal cramps which makes me think perhaps my body is trying to ovulate now. Someone called FF "Fertility Frenemy" and I'm thinking I agree. Switched my tuning to Fertility Awareness Method, as it seems much more conservative than the Advanced detector - and that one is the only one which doesn't think I ovulated last cycle. Makes my 2 months of negative OPKs make sense? And my temps shift is ~ 0.15 degrees, where it's supposed to be 0.4-1.0 degrees... have a theory why there appears to be one at all, but will detail that in the morning. Right now just a little pissed at all the waiting and trying and this and that, and the temping/ charting was supposed to have told me if I was ovulating or not and it may have totally lied to me. And my friend's mom gave me the "you're trying way too hard" and should "relax" chat, which was definitely the least helpful thing anyone could have said to me today. Makes me want to quit, entirely, just to never have another super-insensitive thing said to me again. I'm really more pissed than anything right now. I'm a scientist and everything about all of this seems to betray all the facts and so-called science of reproduction. I promise I'll dig myself out of this intolerant funk by tomorrow morning - off to eat dinner and drink a bunch of wine!

Sorry you aren't pregnant and probably didn't ovulate but glad you got some answers. My moms friend had the same advice but went through her. She said just tell her to relax and have fun. I explained to my friend that I am an A type personality (I think that's what it's called). I needed to know when I'm ovulated and what's going on or I will go nuts, ESPECIALLY just after BCPs. Hope you ovulate this cycle.

I just started typing and I realized about half-way through, it was probably better suited to a journal post. Long story short for here, will save the rest for my actual journal, despite two months of charting - I may or may not have ovulated either time. I've looked at enough charts to know my temp rise is not substantial. I'll be using the Fertility Awareness Method for "tuning" on FF from here on out, continuing to temp, and giving OPKs another shot, since my ability to ovulate is back in question. Should I get crosshairs this cycle, I will be getting an LP progesterone level about 7 DPO (as P peaks between 5-10 DPO) for my own information, to see if it looks like I've ovulated or not.

I just started typing and I realized about half-way through, it was probably better suited to a journal post. Long story short for here, will save the rest for my actual journal, despite two months of charting - I may or may not have ovulated either time. I've looked at enough charts to know my temp rise is not substantial. I'll be using the Fertility Awareness Method for "tuning" on FF from here on out, continuing to temp, and giving OPKs another shot, since my ability to ovulate is back in question. Should I get crosshairs this cycle, I will be getting an LP progesterone level about 7 DPO (as P peaks between 5-10 DPO) for my own information, to see if it looks like I've ovulated or not.

Ugh I'm sorry that there is so much uncertainty. I wonder if your body is still sorting things out after bc. It took my body six months to figure things out after I stopped taking birth control pills.

Does FAM pick up ovulation in the first cycle that you charted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->