charting times help.

techheather

Reaction score
New to charting and all of this. just started charting 5 days ago. This weekend I am working midnights. so therefore my sleeping pattern different for 3 days temps. not same time.. Does that have anything to do with temperature ? Being just started, wondering as temps
go 97.9 cd 24
,97.9, cd25
97.8, cd 26
97.4. cd27
98.0. cd 28

no period at this time. now last 3 cycles been 27,28,25.

question is, is it normal to jump like that due to the fact of time of day.say 9am to 2pm. I know its pretty much impossible to tell if indication of pregnancy,( i wish it did make a promising sign) as this is my 5th day of charting. need to know how it affects time. as every three weeks I work like this. thanks ladies

are you using a bbt thermometer or just a normal one? BBT thermometers track to 2 decimal places so 97.54 etc which is more accurate in pinpointing ovulation and just make note of the awkward temps

Following, I just posted a thread about working nights and temping! I want to give it a go but not sure if it's going to be possible, lol xx

are you using a bbt thermometer or just a normal one? BBT thermometers track to 2 decimal places so 97.54 etc which is more accurate in pinpointing ovulation and just make note of the awkward temps

I got one I think. But didn't see it being 2 decimals. I ordered it online from conceive easy or something but it is not labled as so and does look like a regular thermometer

the time might affect your temps, but FF will notice the time is different and make them open circles instead of solid dots. some people are more affected than others, so the only way to know is try and see what happens. it's so hard in the beginning not to get caught up on individual temp readings for individual days, but the more important thing is the overall pattern. try it for a month or so and see how it goes! good luck:flower:

One more question about times. Today I woke up about an hour earlier than past couple days and went to bathroom took my temperature before getting out of bed. it was 96.89 , and then back to bed for an hour. And retook temp at normal time it was 97.28 so what would the better temperature be. The earlier one before get out of bed or the normal time by 1 hour. What is more accurate

One more question about times. Today I woke up about an hour earlier than past couple days and went to bathroom took my temperature before getting out of bed. it was 96.89 , and then back to bed for an hour. And retook temp at normal time it was 97.28 so what would the better temperature be. The earlier one before get out of bed or the normal time by 1 hour. What is more accurate

had a peek at your chart, and had a couple questions, which may not seem related to your question, but i'm sort of a chart nerd, so:

is the temp you're talking about already entered in FF as 96.89 on tuesday? or have you left today's blank because you're not sure which to use?

i looked at your chart from last month and i'm actually wondering if you ovulated around CD17 or 18 but that the positive OPK on CD13 is making FF give you cross hairs on 14. have you tried switching your Ovulation Detection settings to FAM? that setting only gives cross hairs based on temp values (3 temps higher than the previous 6 will give you cross hairs), which i sometimes find helps me figure out where the actual temp rise is. on Advanced (the default) any positive OPK will trigger it to mark what FF thinks is ovulation, even though a temp rise is the only thing that confirms ovulation.

i think last month FF is giving you a cover line that's a little low compared to the temp shift. after a couple cycles, you'll likely find that your cover line is roughly around the same degree, but in the first couple months, it's hard to tell.

for a minute, just say your cover line is around 97.3-97.5, and the temp shift between CD18 and 19 confirms you ovulated (sometime between the positive OPK on CD15 and the temp rise on CD18), then AF shows the day after your temp drops back below the cover line. ALL that to say that the difference between 96.89 and 97.28 doesn't really affect your chart too much because both are still under the cover line. if that makes sense? since last month's post-O temp went up into the high 97s, low 98s, a difference of a half degree this early in your cycle is probably not enough to throw FF off:thumbup:

i have had the same thing, where i worried so much over which temp was "right" but, honestly, i think you could put either:flower:

either the "too early" temp and it'll be a circle because the time is off
OR
the 2nd temp and check the "sleep deprived" box since you didn't have 3 solid hours of sleep beforehand

sorry to write a total novel...i love talking out numbers and patterns and trying to figure things out. though, i also think sometimes it's impossible to "figure out" what our bodies are doing:roll::dohh::haha: just have to keep temping and roll with it. at the end of your cycle, you'll likely be able to see a pattern. and that's all temping can do, it's much more useful in hindsight, unfortunately.:dohh:

for what it's worth, here is my chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1) and you can see i got a positive OPK on CD12 and FF on Advanced wanted to mark, by default, the next temp rise as ovulation, but i doubt i ovulated on CD13 because i was still getting a positive OPK on that day AND there was no serious temp rise like the previous 2 months. so i set it to FAM and got cross hairs on CD15, before the big spike. i'm sort of believing right now that i Oed somewhere between the positive OPK on CD13 and the temp rise to confirm ovulation on CD15. but i don't think it's entirely possible to know *exactly* when, just that my temp rose, so i did indeed ovulate at some point.:roll:

Jumpingo. I didn't enter today's because I was unsure what to do. I also got new more accurate bbt. So then the temps are lower than last months. I compared a few days before switching day 1. Hmm. Wonder then if I did I lather than though. I'm clueless. And I'm glad I ran into you if you like charts. I need all the help. I'll enter in first temperature. I did switch to the fam method. So you say that tells you over temp only then. And not by cm and opk added in?

Jumpingo. Will the chart change when I change the setting to fam? It looks the same as before. With o at day 14

Jumpingo. I didn't enter today's because I was unsure what to do. I also got new more accurate bbt. So then the temps are lower than last months. I compared a few days before switching day 1. Hmm. Wonder then if I did I lather than though. I'm clueless. And I'm glad I ran into you if you like charts. I need all the help. I'll enter in first temperature. I did switch to the fam method. So you say that tells you over temp only then. And not by cm and opk added in?

well, just because i *like* them doesn't mean i always know what i'm talking about:haha: i just enjoy looking and talking about all the possibilities. and yes, FAM goes solely on temps and not OPKs or CM or CP. Advanced tries to take everything into account and give the best prediction. OPK/Monitor will basically give you cross hairs the day after a positive OPK, even if the temp rise is only very small. i'm not sure what Research is based on specifically, but sometimes will put mine into that mode to see what it thinks, too.:thumbup:

Jumpingo. Will the chart change when I change the setting to fam? It looks the same as before. With o at day 14

i guess since the 6 temps before CD14 were low it still picks 14:huh:

you can also override the system and pick your O day and coverline. the only reason i can see the benefit of doing that is if you think you ovulated *later* than FF is saying, and want to avoid testing too early. if FF thinks you ovulated on CD15, then you could test on CD27-29 with likely accurate results, but if you didn't actually ovulate until CD20, CD27 would be way too early, and i (at least) would just be disappointed by a negative, even though it's just way too early. you know?

again, the more cycles you temp, the more you will figure out and you can overlay your own charts to find patterns which helps in predicting O and also knowing what normal for you, since everyone is a bit different. and also you can figure out how long your luteal phase (LP) is, which makes figuring out when AF is actually late and when you can TEST!:haha:

Sigh. I wish God made it easier to figure out like bam you get baby or next month this day is the day. All tins figuring is awful

me. too.:dohh:

hang in there though - the first 2 months of temping were harder than this 3rd one for me, so i do think it gets a little easier:hugs:

I think I got my pos opk today. Here we go. Last month I had opk pos two days apart so I had no actual proof what day aside from temping. And thank you for all your input.

I think I got my pos opk today. Here we go. Last month I had opk pos two days apart so I had no actual proof what day aside from temping. And thank you for all your input.

get goin' girl!!:blush::thumbup:

get goin' girl!!:blush::thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Ha. I already made him do deposit before he left for work. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back