Cheap formula

fa66ster

Reaction score
SO...... being a bit thrifty I wanna know if there is a way/place to get formula cheaper than high street stores, I mean no-one seems to discount baby food - I guess cos they know it's something we all need, I would happily buy in bulk to save money but there never apppear to be any deals!

They arent allowed to offer discounts or offers of any kind on milk for under 6 months.

Formula advertising is bad - discounts are advertising x

So why in Tesco do they discount the 'hungrier baby' carton?????

I don't think it's disgusting but everyone has different views on it. I see what they're trying to acheive by not advertising it. Although it doesn't really work when they let them advertise 6 month + so vaguely x

SO...... being a bit thrifty I wanna know if there is a way/place to get formula cheaper than high street stores, I mean no-one seems to discount baby food - I guess cos they know it's something we all need, I would happily buy in bulk to save money but there never apppear to be any deals!

Maybe Ebay ....they may have some in bulk idk tho :shrug:

lets not get started on the advertising debate again! hahaha

Would never buy Formula off ebay!

I think they discount the hungrier food cos' there are only a few parents who will buy it! (generally large % of people buy regular formula.)

Thats terrible to say advertising choice is bad Toria - Mums who cannot use their first option of breastfeeding can make use of knowing other products and companies out there and when breastfeeding isn't Mums choice again it isn't bad to know what is available ....The freedom of choice isn't bad even in an advert.

Information sites that brand formula milk do advertise breastfeeding and help sections to making that decision. But this shouldn't be a debate or branded as a bad thing.

Discounts on baby formula as far as I am aware are not available until its toddler stage ...1+ milk tbh never really bothered me I didn't understand it once but do see that trying to encourage breastfeeding as important just me personally made my own choice like Im entitled to and have fed both my babies cow & gate.

Im guessing to save some pennies is to buy in bulk - maybe wholesale stores have them but not many people have access to these type of stores. Have to say the price has never worried me I would be concerned about the products wellness if they started selling them for £2 on special offer!

Must admit I wouldn't buy from ebay ...shops won't take back or change formula powder/ready milk for safety :D Makes sense - I found out trying to change mine because I bought in bulk then had to swap and they wouldn't. Fair enough I say.

We all know formula exists without it being advertised on TV x

We all know formula exists without it being advertised on TV x

We all know Cars exist too but I see loads of advers and it helps decide what brand is better and whats on sale and so on and so on... :)

Toria Toria don't make me throw my handbag at you ;) :lol:

I would not buy formula from ebay!!! Could u apply for mlk tokens to help with the cost???

I dont see the pont of not advertising formula but i dont think it would encourage FFing just let parent know of other brands. Formula is the most brand loyal product out there as parents generally choose one when baby is born then use it up to a year!! (i knew that business course would come in handy!!)

I still think it's odd they don't allow advertising for formula there, they do both here, and while breastfeeding is pushed more you do see formula and diff brands on commercials as well. But does that mean they can't even advertise in a store ad? Like here they send out weekly ads of the stores sales...some stores do put formula on sale here, we don't have anything against them doing that. Do you have any stores such as Costco..the warehouse/bulk stores? I find they always have the best deals.

There are adverts for formula milk ...they just don't allow discounts etc and you can't get points on shopping for baby milk.

Adverts are for follow on milk.

We have costco not sure if it sells baby milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"