Cheap formula

Megans going to be total opposite of Caitlin and be a gannet too I think - she likes her milk Caitlin has never liked milk to this day ...Can't get her to drink cows milk either Ive tried it cold warm and bad Mummy as a hot choc ...nout *sigh*!

Brooke took to the first formula i tried which was SMA, luckily.

As a baby Cow & Gate made me projectile really badly so i didnt even bother to try that one, even though i knew it comes in slightly cheaper.

Not that i save anything at all buying it ready made :lol:

The Lidls one is Heinz.

we use SMA gold and it was £5 odd in the corner shop - double the size in Boots for £7 odd and should last us 2 weeks.

Seth only took cow & gate and now he has cow & gate lacto free (when he has formula). Was tried aptimel when I was BFing but it made him poorly and refused to drink it. He's a bit of a diva about his milk.

xxx

I've just never trusted lidl after a bad experience a couple of years back now ...tub of colesaw full of hairs :shock:

:sick: seriously??? Ewww I bought a pack of mushrooms from there and it was full of little crawling bugs *shudders* x x

Don't formula companies over there have those new parent things you can sign up for?

Here they send you coupons every now and then; from Nestle Goodstart I got a can of the powder + a diaper bag + a bunch of coupons; from Heinz Nuture I got a case of 12 cans of the concentrate, a can of the powder, coupons, a tote bag + a growth chart; from Similac I got a can of the concentrate, a can of the powder + coupons (3 x $5 off, 1 x $10 off so far); from Enfamil I got a can of the powder + coupons.

They also all send out little mini magazines with information about feeding incl. BFing & starting solids.. you just sign up on their websites..

Don't formula companies over there have those new parent things you can sign up for?

Here they send you coupons every now and then; from Nestle Goodstart I got a can of the powder + a diaper bag + a bunch of coupons; from Heinz Nuture I got a case of 12 cans of the concentrate, a can of the powder, coupons, a tote bag + a growth chart; from Similac I got a can of the concentrate, a can of the powder + coupons (3 x $5 off, 1 x $10 off so far); from Enfamil I got a can of the powder + coupons.

They also all send out little mini magazines with information about feeding incl. BFing & starting solids.. you just sign up on their websites..

We have that here in the US too, they give you tons of great coupons, the first few you get (I think it was 2-4) were enough to cover a smaller can of the powder formula fully which is cool...then they start being for less and less until it's like only $1 off it. They also give you bags in the hospital, you choose either breastfeeding or formula feeding on, I've always been nursing when first leaving the hospital so I got that bag but even it had formula and coupons in it so I would think the formula feeding one has even more? But you just sign up on the manufacturers site for it, I signed up each time even though I had planned to nurse but just in case so I had the coupons they came in handy with the first 2...with Hayden I gave them to a friend :)

I have received a $9 off coupon for Enfamil from their website, and free formula samples.
Some places here in Canada sell it a little bit cheaper, like Walmart sells it cheaper than the grocery store, but only by a couple bucks. Walmart also sells their own brand, which is cheaper than name brand.

Also, for those against formula, I don't understand why you come in a section where we would like to be able to talk freely about it. It makes for a very uncomfortable thread.

Agreed Wendy!

Here formula (for the case of concentrate cans I buy) ranges by as much as $10 store to store.. takes some shopping around. FYI Canadians-- I've found Wal Mart & Fortino's (a Loblaw's store) sells it the cheapest.. Shopper's seems to be the most expensive??

Can i ask a question i was kinda wondering whats average price of Formula over there? :blush:

Its about £6-£7 pound for a box I think. The one we use is slightly more because its soya.

xxx

SMA Gold about £7... like lisa said its pretty much the same whatever supermarket you go to! I find asda slightly cheaper but not much... but OH gets 10% off to so that helps :)

xxx

got a tub of aptimal for £7.80 yesterday from morrisons i wont be buying from there again though i get it for £7.50 at tesco lol

I no its only 30p but that 30p can go towords the next tub of formula :D

PP - is the ready made stuff the same price everywhere as well? I'm trying to stock up on little cartons so I can send them with her when I go to work and they all seem to be the same price.

i went to macro last week and got loads of nappies and looked at the formula but it really wasnt cheap like PP said

Lou
xxx

Brianna only eats walmart brand formula...she couldn't handle anything else always ended up in projectile. which is lucky for us cause its $12 a can and formula here can go up to $26 :shock: Glad she's not on that one!

Brianna only eats walmart brand formula...she couldn't handle anything else always ended up in projectile. which is lucky for us cause its $12 a can and formula here can go up to $26 :shock: Glad she's not on that one!

we pay up to $35 a can for ours....

Can i ask a question i was kinda wondering whats average price of Formula over there? :blush:

It is £6-£8 depending on where you go. The formula we used is just over £7 for 900g

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->