Cheap formula

I wonder how much it would cost to ship formula :rofl:

We probably dont have the same brands though ... you guys could ship it in yourselves and make a tidy profit :rofl:

wow you guys have it easy... well not the canadian ladies... for a 12 oz can of powder in the kind Athena needs its $27.00+ its ridiculous. We do have WIC (women infants and children) that will give you free formula or a breast pump and food if you qualify. I was reading though that for every dollar that you spend on formula here only 16 cents actually goes towards the making of the formula. Its ridiculous....

$36.99 is the price I pay before tax, but IDK if we have to pay tax on formula?? I was under the impression baby food was exempt from sales tax? :shrug: I could be wrong though, I've never paid attention, we never JUST buy formula.

Oh I don't know that's taxed either, the price I pay is before any tax would be added so $35 a can.

TBH I haven't paid attention to if its taxed, but we have different tax here in Alberta. Only 5% baby!

:ignore: :ignore: I hate taxes here....but I do think Tasha is right baby items may be tax exempt

FML... in Ontario it USED to be 15%, it's now like what.. 13%??

Still ridiculous though.

From what I recall children's clothing is supposed to be or used to be tax exempt also...

Just one thing you do need to remember, if anyone is thinking of shipping out some formula from the UK to US or Canada, a UK fl oz is different to a US fl oz, so the instructions on the box will be incorrect. I think a US fl oz is slightly more - so you may need one more scoop of formula if making up... say a 9 oz bottle.

From what I recall children's clothing is supposed to be or used to be tax exempt also...

I bought a dress for Hannah Saturday and thinking of this thread looked at the tax, we pay the 5% one but not the other (sorry have no idea which is which ;))

^ So you only pay GST then :) PST is the more expensive one here.. it's like 8% or whatever it is :dohh: lol.

BTW ladies, 900g Similac cans of powder are $23 at Wal Mart here... not sure what all the brands are like though! I was SHOCKED, the smaller ones were $26 at Shoppers last time I peeked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->