Cheap stocking filler gifts aged 8-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattoo

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
So I'm a primary school teacher, and at my school the teachers are expected to buy Christmas presents for the children in our class. I'd prefer to just give them each a card and a candy cane or a chocolate, but the presents can't be sweets. The presents ideally need to be "creative" or "useful". Obviously, as a teacher, I don't have a great deal of disposable income to spend on the class, so my budget has to be £1 per child. Any suggestions? I can't seem to find anything cheap enough on Amazon, the postage keeps pushing the cost up too high, and I don't want to rely on Pound Land, in case I can't find anything!

The book people are ace for school gifts, I've done this lots of times! Another couple of ideas are;
Buy a couple of board games to use at wet play/golden time (they can take them with them when they move up...this could even do this for their leaving pressie if your school do that type of thing too)
Donate to Oxfam or similar and your class can 'buy' a chicken/pig/or school supplies for children in a less developed county. :)

The book people are ace for school gifts, I've done this lots of times! Another couple of ideas are;
Buy a couple of board games to use at wet play/golden time (they can take them with them when they move up...this could even do this for their leaving pressie if your school do that type of thing too)
Donate to Oxfam or similar and your class can 'buy' a chicken/pig/or school supplies for children in a less developed county. :)

These are lovely ideas, especially the Oxfam one, but the presents have to be wrapped, individually named, and delivered by Father Christmas. The children have to be able to take them home. I work at a private school so there are some odd expectations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"