Checking in with my midwest girls!

Congratulations on your little boy! :)
My initial intuitions were wrong. For the first weeks after I found out i was pregnant I so thought it was a boy, but turns out I'm having another little girl. My 4 yr old DD is thrilled (she wanted a little sister first. Since we're giving her a sister now like she wanted she told us that next time she wants us to have a brother for her... Haha, kids are great)

Thanks Mamas! We weren't fussy about gender this time around because this is our first pregnancy/baby. I like the idea of having a boy first, I always wished that I had a big brother growing up. :D

Congrats!!!! So exciting! Could you see his parts clear?? I don't know why, I had 3 ultras and they all said girl and I saw all three lines, but I am scared that something was hiding and on Friday they are going to tell me it's not a girl. I wouldn't care, but I already bought a ton of girly things:) so was it clear?

Hehe, yes, it was very, very obvious that he was a boy. If you saw three white lines then you have nothing to worry about, you're definitely having a girl. Trust me, ultrasounds are so detailed these days that it's incredibly obvious if it's a boy. Congrats on team :pink:, Mama! :D

From all the boy ultrasounds I've ever seen and comparing them to my girl ultrasounds really with the advanced technology we have these days they are almost unmistakeable. Especially if you see the three lines like KalonKiKi said. :)

sorry been MIA a little bit lately!!

adopim, we are practically neighbors... I live in Savage!

Bump is growing steadily, 4 more weeks until my gender scan. So excited to see if I'm right, but either way I will be happy!

Hope everyone is doing well!

sorry been MIA a little bit lately!!

adopim, we are practically neighbors... I live in Savage!

Bump is growing steadily, 4 more weeks until my gender scan. So excited to see if I'm right, but either way I will be happy!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Savage is very close! :thumbup: Basically we're on opposite sides of Burnsville! :D

I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday. I was told girl by my sonographer at my NT scan at 13+3. Well, the sonographer has never been wrong and his streak continues:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/41A5C72D-52B6-4367-B10F-0249D3B3F061-999-0000010C44E54816_zps0ae28837.jpg

Here are a few more good ones from my 20 week ultrasound yesterday:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/A1CB679B-5E43-4FCC-BA33-5E88CCE7B9F7-999-0000010AE929DDE7_zps661685e1.jpg
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/9F289584-2044-4CBB-A3EC-806B46CE35D0-999-0000010ADE0C24DC_zps99d25674.jpg
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/5BA03D5B-A775-4B6B-862B-1FCF1E44617E-999-0000010AD0E87A94_zps570f8bd7.jpg

Everything with me and baby are looking good. She's measuring a few days behind but it's nothing concerning. :)

Congrats on the baby girl!! I think thats what this one is as well, but still have some time before I can find out!! I have no preference really, just a feeling!

I have at least 5 more weeks to find out I think. Unless, I am super lucky and get to find out before 20 week scan!! Heck, I don't really have symptoms any longer, just very heavy breast and occasional lower abdomen pains

I didn't mind either way but I know my DD is happy it's a girl. At least for now, we'll about when she gets to that pre-teen and teen stage! Haha! But I would have been happy with either as well. We are planning 4 children and while I hope to have a least one boy, as long as baby is healthy I'm good :)
I still have major vegetable and various other food aversions and morning sickness that lasts almost all morning (I was 15 weeks before that even started). Otherwise, I feel good the rest of the day and besides ligament pains and an occasional backache I don't have much else in the way of symptoms.

Is anyone else taking regular bump photos?

I take at least weekly photos both bare belly and clothed

I was just curious. I started taking mine at 14 weeks, lol. I just take a bare belly one like I did with my first. The only difference is that I didn't start taking bump pictures until 21 weeks with her but started to show earlier with this one. Now that I have a good number of photos under my belt, I can actually see the progression which is cool :)

I just put my pictures together in a folder and watched the progression week to week. Not too much other than I am not bloated everywhere now and it is all pretty much in my belly now. My weight goes back and forth though. today I am up 3 lbs. from where I started checking at 5 weeks pregnant. But, when I go to the doctors office they say i am a lot more, maybe from the really full bladder?

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I won't weigh myself at home during pregnancy because I have a tendency to stress and obsess about weight. I do like to know at appointments but I just don't do it daily. Do you get any constipation?

Oh, I do it weekly not daily and nope no constipation if anything I am having issues with my new Prenatals I started this week and go way to much even anti-diarrhea meds don't stop it. I weigh myself because I knew that when I went to the first doctor appointment at 9 weeks I didn't weigh what they said I did. They weighed me at 131 lbs. and I weighed myself upon getting home and they weigh me at the WIC office I had only weighed 124-125. So, when the doctor first saw me and told me I was at the high end of the BMI chart I decided I would weigh myself at home. I still don't weigh 131 lbs. I am only up to 127.4 lbs. I would weight obsess to if I had not promised DH I wouldn't weigh myself all the time only once per week.

I was taking weekly photos, but haven't taken one since 9 weeks. My stomach wasn't getting any bigger, so I didn't see the point in taking weekly ones. Now that I finally am starting to get a bump, I think I'll take one picture at the beginning of the month and one picture at the end of the month. I guess weekly pics was too excessive for me since I've been progressing too slowly for there to be a difference every week.

I weight about the same as you right now, peanutmomma. I started out at 134 before I got pregnant though. I've lost about 10 lbs in the last three or four months. The doctor doesn't seem to be worried about it. I think I might worry if I lose any more weight than than though.

I actually put on about 10 pounds over the holidays and another 10 after I fell pregnant. My first doctor appt put me at 147, which was just barely considered "overweight" category for my height. I weighed 153 at my last appt. My doctor says my weight gain is fine, but is almost hoping for that my weight gain picks up a bit over the next month. :shrug: maybe every doctor is different? She never said anything about my "overweight" BMI. I'm still supposed to gain 25-35 pounds.

I'm also expecting my bump photos to hit a stalemate for a few weeks. My doctor said to expect to not see my bump getting bigger but I'm carrying straight up and down and really high so my uterus has to fill out the side of my belly which she thinks will happen over the next few weeks.

hey you skinny minnies:) I had my ultra today.... still a girl! haha I am going to stop with this fear of it being wrong. It was good baby Leila was not cooperating at first, but then after i jiggled her a little she got it together. I gained 9 lbs so far. I was really upset, but dr. said it's still below average. I was a little bad this last month because we have been constantly out of town. I will be better. My feet started hurting at the end of the day and getting swollen. It's like these things happen over night. One day you are symptom free, the next it's like where did this come from. oh the joys:)

Yep, it does seem to happen that way doesn't it? I don't have swelling yet, but I never swelled up at all in my last pregnancy either. But I do get intensely sore feet on days where I'm on my feet a lot.
Babies are funny sometimes, they seems stubborn and don't want to cooperate. My baby girl preferred showing off her growing muscles instead of cooperating. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->