Checking in with my midwest girls!

Sorry ladies, I've been working a lot and just haven't had the time to post in here!

Things are going well here, getting bigger and bigger by the minute it feels like, but I was really big with my last one too.

Its only been the last couple of weeks that I've felt any serious movement. And now its pretty constant. "his" (I don't know if its a boy or not, but we've gotten in the habit of calling baby a boy) favorite time to be active is right when I lay down for bed... trying to get comfortable is hard all on its own but then baby decides that its party time down there and he loves kicking me in the cervix. My OH finally felt him for the first time last week. Baby would be kicking away and I'd put Tim's hand there and all of a sudden nothing, but he finally got to feel it once.

My OH's ex-wife was over yesterday picking up their son and she asked me how far along I was... when I told her, she was like wow, you don't look it at all... She on the other hand looks like she's ready to pop and isn't pregnant. I've found that I find that oddly satisfying. lol... I'm such a mean person to enjoy that she's gained a ton of weight this last year. I had a sweartshirt on, so my bump wasn't obvious and I haven't gained anywhere else.

Oh... also I've been getting Braxton Hicks contractions a lot this last week. I don't remember getting them this early with my first.

Glad to hear from you! My baby kicks kicks me what seems like all the time. I have been having trouble sleeping lately (already???) and the constant movement from her doesn't help. Lol. But I still love feeling her move. I also had that issue with my DH as well. She just would not kick for him. But she got over that. And now she kicked for my DD too. The look on her face when she felt it was just priceless! :)

I think that Braxton Hicks can start as early as the first trimester and it's still normal. I have not had any yet, but with my first I didn't get them until 32-34 weeks. And mine were quite painful. The only reason I knew I wasn't in labor was the inconsistency of them. We'll see what happens this time!

26 hours almost on the nose til our scan and gender reveal, I hope!! I am anxious and excited. I can not decide of I am getting boy or girl vibes though :( . I also feel bad for saying this, but I don't really feel connected to this baby at all. Maybe after I see Peanut oin the screen again and know the sex I will bond? I also think maybe when movements truly begin and kicks that I know are baby it will hit me I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!? But, right now I don't really feel much, just achey boobs and a round belly. Is this normal?

Honestly, I think how you feel is normal. I did not feel truly bonded with my first daughter until she started kicking (at about 24 weeks). I loved her from the moment I found out I was pregnant, but I just didn't feel a real bond until that point. This one I felt bonded to the day that I told my first that she was going to be a big sister. The look on her face of pure excitement (at least for a minute until something distracted her) just made me feel that bonding going on.
Everyone feels the bonding at different times, and apparently every pregnancy (at least for me) is different too!

Yes, the kicking for me is what really gave me the bonding feeling with my first baby. Second baby I really struggled with bonding, even after I had him and brought him home I struggled, and I felt so guilty over it. He was our surprise baby...we were using birth control when we got pregnant so as awful as it sounds at the time I did not want a baby. Looking at him now I can't even believe the first couple weeks of his life I didn't feel a connection. He's my boy through and through. He's definitely the boy who wants to marry his Mama, and wants to fight Daddy for me. His favorite line is "I love you Mama, you love me and not Daddy." The bond can come before birth, the bond can come after birth. It doesn't make that bond any less strong when it comes. It WILL come. Most likely, once baby starts kicking you will feel it. But even if you don't, don't feel bad and don't panic. You're still going to be a great mom and you will STILL bond with him/her.

Jocelyn I love the secret joy you took seeing the ex get chubby ;) I'd be the same way. I am grateful not to have any exes to contend with, as I'd be horrible with them. I do not play nicely. lol... I give all of you Mamas who have to put up with ex-wives or ex baby mamas, it can't be easy. I too find baby picks when I lay down at night to play the drums on my bladder. From the time I lay down to the time I fall asleep I am a human punching bag, though they're not hard enough yet to hurt much unless they're bladder shots. DH still hasn't been able to feel baby kick, in fact I've only felt baby on the outside once. Seems every time I put my hand there when baby starts to kick, she stops. It's funny how they sense that and toy with you!

We had our ultrasound on Friday, I talked DH into staying team yellow with me, so neither of us found out baby's sex at the ultrasound. However we have to go back for another as baby was uncooperative and the tech couldn't get some shots of certain things she needed(didn't say what). She was unable to get baby to change positions after 45 minutes of trying. Baby would squirm and wiggle, then go right back to the exact same position again. I was grateful I didn't get any potty shots, and hope I don't with the next ultrasound either. DH seems ok with the decision to stay team yellow, I feel guilty for talking him into but happy I got my way lol! Baby was measuring fine from the measurements she took, only 1 day behind. I am still waiting for the results from the ultrasound from my doctor and finding out how my cervix looks. Praying for no shortening. Last night I had some BH contractions that were more uncomfortable than the ones I've had before this, though they thankfully were not steady. But once you've been in pre-term labor it seems that fear is constantly there that it's happening again. Both times I didn't even realize I was laboring, most of it was back pain and what I thought was BH. Waiting for results from doctors feels like an eternity.

Good luck at your scan Peanutmomma! I hope baby gives you a nice clear potty shot!

Sorry for everyone with BH contractions! I haven't had any, but I have had some round ligament and growing pains.

Good luck with your scan, peanutmomma! I hope that baby cooperates for you. :thumbup:

I felt Liam move from the outside with my hand today while I was laying in bed this morning. It was just barely, but still, I felt it! :cloud9:

Peanut I am with you completely, and craftymama, your story with your son is pretty much what I'm going through. I was on the pill and it obviously failed. I didn't want to get pregnant, and the timing of it couldn't have possibly been worse. I struggle with it pretty much daily. The kicking has helped, but I find I don't talk to this one at all and I talked to my first ALL the time.

I can't say that I don't want it, its going to be my one and only child with my OH, one that we share together as we each have one from a previous relationship. I guess it would maybe be easier if it was something we were hoping/trying for. Not to say of course that I don't love him/her, but there is just zero bond.

Peanut I am with you completely, and craftymama, your story with your son is pretty much what I'm going through. I was on the pill and it obviously failed. I didn't want to get pregnant, and the timing of it couldn't have possibly been worse. I struggle with it pretty much daily. The kicking has helped, but I find I don't talk to this one at all and I talked to my first ALL the time.

I can't say that I don't want it, its going to be my one and only child with my OH, one that we share together as we each have one from a previous relationship. I guess it would maybe be easier if it was something we were hoping/trying for. Not to say of course that I don't love him/her, but there is just zero bond.

It does get better, but it's really hard to wrap your mind around when you have been trying to prevent a pregnancy and it happens anyway. I love being a mom though, and wouldn't trade him for the world. And there really isn't anyone he loves more than me. It's a great feeling. If I had to do it again, I would still have him, even through the hard times and the bad feelings I had. It really does get better. I promise!

26 hours almost on the nose til our scan and gender reveal, I hope!! I am anxious and excited. I can not decide of I am getting boy or girl vibes though :( . I also feel bad for saying this, but I don't really feel connected to this baby at all. Maybe after I see Peanut oin the screen again and know the sex I will bond? I also think maybe when movements truly begin and kicks that I know are baby it will hit me I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!? But, right now I don't really feel much, just achey boobs and a round belly. Is this normal?

hey girl!! I will tell you, as soon as you feel that little baby inside you, you will feel the bond! I think for sure by 20 weeks you will feel him/her and you will be attached. It is hard to have that bond when there is not showing for it, but a round belly. The kicks will make you feel so happy and content. Please send me an email as soon as you know what it is! I am out of town again:) so I have not been on here much. I wish you luck and I can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

I think when you are trying to avoid it is harder to bond. I was in that place for my first two pregnancies. My first ended with a blighted ovum, but was TTA at the time. Then a few months later fell pregnant with my DD. I was trying to avoid at that time too. Loving her was never the issue, but bonding was different.
Peanut: I hope baby cooperates!!! :)

We didn't try for this baby, but we weren't really trying that hard to prevent it either. I also had bonding issues at first, but I think that's more because this is my first pregnancy so I'd never known what it was like to be pregnant before and I didn't really feel any different for a long time. I was also very sick and had a rough first trimester and a rough start to my second trimester. As soon as I saw my little man on that ultrasound screen at 18 weeks though and could see for myself that he was a boy (that week I has also started getting a baby bump and feeling him move) I really started to bond with him for the first time and it gets stronger every day. <3

well, we are home from Mayo clinic after a long day. I have an anterior Placenta so I will just have to wait to feel baby. She yes, SHE is weighing about 7 oz. and all her measurements are right on too. Her name is Zaya Mae

well, we are home from Mayo clinic after a long day. I have an anterior Placenta so I will just have to wait to feel baby. She yes, SHE is weighing about 7 oz. and all her measurements are right on too. Her name is Zaya Mae

Awwww congrats!!! Beautiful name!

Was it because the Mayo was backed up? I have some friends doing fertility stuff there and their appointment to discuss the results of his SA and what their option are that was only supposed to be a couple hours turned into an all day affair. They were just that backed up!

Welcome to Team :pink: :thumbup: And you have a beautiful name picked out :)

yes, I love the doctors there, but they don't ask you what time you want the appointments they just tell you they have you scheduled for this day and you will go here there, etc. I had blood work at 7:15 am and the line at the lab was horrendous then, the wait between appointments was like 3 to four hours so long day

I am so excited for you!! Beautiful name. Do you feel better knowing that she will be kicking soon, but it's your placenta that is blocking her. You should feel her inside soon though right, or will that take awhile too? Well, I am happy you are on team pink:)

I am so excited for you!! Beautiful name. Do you feel better knowing that she will be kicking soon, but it's your placenta that is blocking her. You should feel her inside soon though right, or will that take awhile too? Well, I am happy you are on team pink:)

I don't know when I will feel her moving around. I do know that the doctors said at around 21 weeks I should be able to lay on my sides and lightly push in and I should feel her squirming all around in there. I am a bit relieved that it's the placenta causing me not to feel her since she was so active yesterday. I sent you an email Liz and pictures too. I have been given a lot of boy stuff and now that we know she is a girl I was going through it and deciding what I thought she could still wear. Like if the clothes said little man or whatever I know that was out. I was able to keep like 1/4 of it. Now, to find girl stuff. I tol others on FB I am team purple as I like it more than pink and I think it is just as feminine. :thumbup:

Congrats on team :pink:, peanutmomma! Zaya is a pretty name. Are you pronouncing it like "Maya" only with a Z instead of an M? I like to ask because a lot of people mispronounce my name, so I like to make sure that I don't assume how someone else's name is pronounced. :blush:

Congrats on team :pink:, peanutmomma! Zaya is a pretty name. Are you pronouncing it like "Maya" only with a Z instead of an M? I like to ask because a lot of people mispronounce my name, so I like to make sure that I don't assume how someone else's name is pronounced. :blush:

I appreciate that it will be pronounced (Zaa-uh) first a is long. It means the chosen one in many cultures and it is also the scientific name for corn LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->