Checking in with my midwest girls!

Hey ladies! Weight gain is something I absolutely obsess over during pregnancy and I wish I didn't. I'm overweight to start and really fear putting on too much weight. I am down 7lbs as of today since getting pregnant. I don't try to lose it, just much more healthy and conscious of what I eat and drink. I wish I carried that thinking over to post pregnancy. Glad to hear everyone is well! I felt the baby kick for the first time last night! We were at the twins game and I got a pretty good kick! It was awesome :) before this it was a lot of flutters!

It's always so exciting to finally feel those real kicks :)

Love feeling those kicks:) happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope you all have a great day!!!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
Liz- I sent you a surprise in the mail. Are you still in North Caroline or are you guys home now?
I can't wait to feel even a sure flutter going on. I asked DH last night after he took me to Olive Garden if he though our little peanut was doing okay in there and growing nice and strong!

Happy Mother's Day to you too!
I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of movement. I didn't feel too many flutters before 16 weeks, and real kicks started a few weeks ago. It's possible you could have an anterior placenta which would make it a bit longer before you feel any movement too! I'm sure bubba is doing fine! :)

Happy Mothers Day to all of my Midwestern Mamas! :D

Happy Mother's Day ladies!!! Hope you're all having a wonderful day! I received adorable homemade cards from my lovelies, a wooden spoon with a hand decorated handle from my daughter, and a butterfly magnet from my son. Nothing better than homemade stuff from your babies.My belly seems to have REALLY popped the last couple days, finally ready to share a bump pic! :)

Attachments

• 966157_10151379165825756_468588151_o.jpg
    966157_10151379165825756_468588151_o.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
Happy Mother's Day midwest mama's!!!

I've generally taken weekly photos, this was a busy week and I completely spaced it! I'm just going to skip it this week, since Tuesday I'll be 17 weeks. Holy crap how the time is flying by!!

Love the name Laila!!! Does anyone else have names picked out? I have a girl name I really like, but nothing yet as far as a boys.

We have our names picked out for boy/girl already! (Have since we started trying for this baby) If its a girl it will be Ruby Luella Christine, if its a boy Gabriel Richard Earl!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
Liz- I sent you a surprise in the mail. Are you still in North Caroline or are you guys home now?
I can't wait to feel even a sure flutter going on. I asked DH last night after he took me to Olive Garden if he though our little peanut was doing okay in there and growing nice and strong!

AWE!!! You are too sweet!!!! Happy Mother's day to you!! I am so jealous you went to Olive Garden. I LOVE that place and my hubby hates it so I never get to go there. I love and crave the salad and alfredo, yummy.

I didn't feel anything till pretty recently. I had a few flutters and that was about it and now I can feel a kick. I can only feel it on the inside, not the outside. My husband is so excited to feel her too. My dr. said in another month then he will be able to feel her. When are you coming to visit Fargo? I have to get together for lunch!! Ok, I got to get to bed, I am so tired. TTYL.

Time certainly is flying by! I'm 21 weeks today! Crazy stuff. I have had names picked out for a few years now. Haha. Since we're having a girl her name is Ellyson Lana. :)

My girl name is Sophia Catherine. Well thats the one I like OH hasn't fully signed off on it yet. Boy name I haven't even given much thought to... I think its because I'm so convinced its a girl. lol

Beautiful names girls! Mine is Leila Elizabeth. I was happy it was a girl because we actually agreed on the name:) It's hard when you are trying to decide a name for two different cultures. How are you all feeling? I feel good, except my feet still hurt after a long day on them! I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's day and Mother's day to be!!

OH was sick as a dog, so I took care of him and Aidan... but he did gather himself up enough to take me to lunch so that was nice. My belated present is on the way, so I'm so excited to see what he got me!

Agreed! Lovely names!
A friend of mine got married down in Mankato (where I'm from) on Saturday so we spent the night at my parents' house. On Sunday we spent the morning and early afternoon with my mom and family. Then we went to my husband's parents farm and spent some time with his mom and family.
I'm starting to finally feel better. I still get bouts of random nausea and even threw up one time last week. Overall, I am tired but for the most part feeling pretty good. I'm just hoping that streak continues!

I can't imagine still having nausea. I finally think I got over it about 16 weeks, and I thought that was bad! 21 weeks seems sooo late to have to deal with it. I hope it goes away for you soon!

I've had most of my energy back lately, but today I'm having one of those days where I am just exhausted. I think it's because I was go go go non stop all last week and weekend getting things ready for my son's birthday party and doing the party. It's been gloomy here today too so that's not helping. Looking forward to the hot weather tomorrow...gonna be a pool day!! Sunshine always makes me feel better.

Love all the baby names!

Luckily (?), the nausea didn't really get bad until 15 weeks. Late onset for reasons unknown. With DD1 I was sick every day for almost 20 weeks straight.
This time too I found that I have major food aversions.... To vegetables... I can handle some raw veggies (the occasional salad or just veggies and dip) but I get terribly sick anytime I try to eat lots of veggies. I have been drinking vegetable juice to make sure I get my servings of veggies in (5.5 oz can of low sodium V8 twice a day; was okayed by my doctor).
I can't believe how hot they are saying it's going to be tomorrow! Absolutely crazy!

It got HOT today! I did some gardening and I was getting light headed! I will say that it is not as easy to do gardening when you are pregnant. It's hard to bend over for a long time. Are you all feeling like that??

My blood pressure is the lowest I've ever had recorded (98/65). So bending down makes me feel dizzy all the time. I try not to do it too often because I get super light headed. I'm not used to having such a low BP. Picking up toys and cleaning has become about as much as I can do these days.

Luckily (?), the nausea didn't really get bad until 15 weeks. Late onset for reasons unknown. With DD1 I was sick every day for almost 20 weeks straight.
This time too I found that I have major food aversions.... To vegetables... I can handle some raw veggies (the occasional salad or just veggies and dip) but I get terribly sick anytime I try to eat lots of veggies. I have been drinking vegetable juice to make sure I get my servings of veggies in (5.5 oz can of low sodium V8 twice a day; was okayed by my doctor).
I can't believe how hot they are saying it's going to be tomorrow! Absolutely crazy!

I am looking forward to not being cold though! I am sure I'll regret saying that by end of June lol. I have severe aversions to white sauce, especially alfredo. Ugh even the smell sends me running!! DH is banned and its his favorite meal lol.

It got HOT today! I did some gardening and I was getting light headed! I will say that it is not as easy to do gardening when you are pregnant. It's hard to bend over for a long time. Are you all feeling like that??

Yes, bending over makes it feel like my air supply is being cut off! I love to garden and always have a yard full, veggies and flowers, so we'll ssee how this summer goes.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->