Checking in with my midwest girls!

We lost power for 24 hours Friday night... that was a nightmare!!!! My big pregnant butt needs the a/c already!!! lol

Oh my! That must have been terrible! I heard quite a few places lost power around here. How we escaped losing power is beyond me.

has anyone's doctor ever checked their Fundal Height? As I have read in the book my hospital gave us in the beginning and it says at normal monthly visits they check fundal height. I see these people every 2-3 weeks and have never been checked or had a physical exam just ultra sounds and then the OB talks to me for 5 minutes

has anyone's doctor ever checked their Fundal Height? As I have read in the book my hospital gave us in the beginning and it says at normal monthly visits they check fundal height. I see these people every 2-3 weeks and have never been checked or had a physical exam just ultra sounds and then the OB talks to me for 5 minutes

My doctor feels my stomach currently, sometime soon she starts using an actual measuring tape, I remember it being sometime around now with my first two. They can check by feeling the stomach or by measuring. But it seems very strange to me that you haven't even haf a physical exam yet. I just had a pap in december and I still had a physical exam which includef a pelvic exam at 10 weeks. Doc also checks my ankles and feet for swelling each time as well.

yesm my ob since about week 12 gets out the tape measure and measures me. I think it's one cm for each week you are pregnant. I will have to ask her next time what it is because she always just says, right on track, so I never asked her. Just tell your dr. next time you go in you want to be measured.

My doctor started measuring with the tape measure at my 20 week appointment. Before that she just felt for it. I also had a PAP done at my first appt (10 weeks). It never hurts to ask if you have questions about anything!

thanks ladies. Fetal Cardiogram was fine Zaya's heart loks normal. The OB said that I will start having an ultra sound every two weeks when I see the OB starting at 24 weeks. Then, at 30 weeks I either have to go for 2 u/s per week or wear a monitor belt and go 1x per week for u/s. She said they are growth scans. She actually felt my tummy I didn't even ask. So like I said all doctors are different as there are 8 high risk doctors at my hospital and I have seen 4 now and a 5th one at my 24 week appointment. I lost another lb. and they are okay with it as long as I am eating, not vomiting and Zaya is growing.

Liz- I will have my next u/s just before coming to Fargo so it will be exciting to share with you

Just finally had my appointment today and ultrasound was backed off yet one more week!! Getting really frustrated and impatient! Just want to know that he/she is healthy and dang it, I want to know if its a boy or girl!!!!!

Weighed in at 147 today, not sure why but that depressed me! lol

hello ladies!!! We have not talked in ever!! How are you all doing? Good here. I feel pretty good except I was bending at the waist picking weeds from my garden when I all of a sudden got a muscle spaz in my back! ouch! I sure did treat myself to a massage though and it is getting better. My belly is growing and baby Leila is kicking and flipping around like a little gymnast. I got the nursery all done and I booked maternity pics today for week 34. Can't wait. I can't believe I only have less then 11 weeks to go! Can't wait.

holy bananas we have not talked in forever. I am sorry you hurt your back Liz. I am doing alright other than I feel like I swallowed a balloon.

Things are going pretty well. The nurse told me at my last appointment that I will probably be having another ultrasound to double check fluid and baby's growth. She didn't say when but I would assume at 36 weeks. It is mostly due to my pregnancy with my DD, be a use based on this pregnancy everything is excellent.
Looks like I will be having a baby shower (I wasn't sure if I would be or not) in August. I'm kind of excited about it (tho I know I'll have to play the silly baby shower games!), because I never had a real baby shower with my DD.
I can't believe how fast time is going! I have so much to do it seems. The baby's room is a terrible mess of stuff right now. Functional, just cluttered. I really should be getting a hospital bag ready too, just in case. While I'm very excited to meet her, I still prefer she cooks a bit longer yet!

Hey ladies!! Wow it really has been a while. I'm sure most of you seen by now that I am having a girl :) I thought for sure that it was going to be a boy. Lots of little girls for our midwest mommies!

It sure has been a while wow! Almost to the end for us :) Congrats on your little girl jocelynmarie.

Liz I'm sorry about your back! The kiddos have been helping me pick green beans from the garden as bending over that long IS quite hard. However they tend to pull the whole plant out :haha:

AFM I am doing fine, I love having a preggo belly so much, but the hip pain at night was getting really bad. Luckily I did end up finding relief in the the use of every pillow made by man. :) Poor DH doesn't have much room in our bed these days between my pillows and the kids. I'm sure he's looking forward to the banishment of the pillows. August 15th we leave for Seattle for my brother-in-law's wedding, I'm very nervous about flying being that pregnant. Also the kids have never flown, so that will be interesting too. I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean for the first time though! Glad everyone is doing well!!

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia. I am always so extremely tired, but it doesn't seem to matter, I just can't sleep. Can't get comfy, or Sophia decides its time to do aerobics or I just plain can't sleep!

Maybe I need to try the pillow trick, but they usually end up irritating me. I have a body pillow but it always ends up on the floor.

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia. I am always so extremely tired, but it doesn't seem to matter, I just can't sleep. Can't get comfy, or Sophia decides its time to do aerobics or I just plain can't sleep!

Maybe I need to try the pillow trick, but they usually end up irritating me. I have a body pillow but it always ends up on the floor.

I had issues sleeping before I discovered the pillow trick. I couldn't get comfy and it would take forever to go to sleep. Once I did I woke every 45 min or less to turn over because the pain in my hip I was laying on was so awful. By morning, I felt like an old woman. Both hips hurt for hours after getting out of bed. I put the pillows behind me, and now have a snoodle that I put there instead so you could definitely use the body pillow for this. I position it right behind my back, lay on my side and tuck a couple pillows between my legs and feet, one under my belly, then I gently lean back on the pillow behind me. That pillow supports me enough so I'm not laying on my back, but I'm taking pressure off my hips. It's REALLY comfy to lay like that I'm finding and the pillows keep my hips in their correct alignment so they don't start to ache. I fall asleep quickly now, and I've found I've even slept through a full bladder a few times and woke up about to wet myself it felt! That's a good heavy sleep :)

I love the name Sophia btw!!!

Thank you, it was the only name I had picked out... thank goodness it ended up being a girl or LO would have been with out a name because OH and I couldn't think of any boy names lol

The first thing he said at the ultrasound when we found out it was a girl was "now you can use your name"

hey ladies. Jocelyn yes insomnia has taken its toll on me the last week I don't fall asleep til like 5 am and I am up by 9. I have been so nauseous the last few days vomitting and all.
I had a growth scan today and baby is in the 15% range as she is only 1lb. 13oz. so a little skinny. My cervix is thinning and shortening too so I will be getting a steroid shot next week or the following they told me take it easier than I have, I don't do anything all day, so as to keep her in longer.

hey ladies. Jocelyn yes insomnia has taken its toll on me the last week I don't fall asleep til like 5 am and I am up by 9. I have been so nauseous the last few days vomitting and all.
I had a growth scan today and baby is in the 15% range as she is only 1lb. 13oz. so a little skinny. My cervix is thinning and shortening too so I will be getting a steroid shot next week or the following they told me take it easier than I have, I don't do anything all day, so as to keep her in longer.

Oh my goodness..I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you. Take care!!

oh man!! I will be thinking about you! Take care.

Oh peanut, definitely thinking of you, hope they can slow it down!!! That little girl needs to bake for a lot longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->