Checking in with my midwest girls!

I like the idea of team purple. Wish I had thought of it. Then again, everyone in my family would buy pinks anyway. And I have lots of clothes from DD1 that I will be reusing. I have bought a few things, which includes a couple gender neutral sleepers.

People mispronounce my daughter's name all the time, but I've gotten over it. I don't regret pronouncing her name different at all because I love it.

I LOVE purple. Best color ever :) That sounds like a REALLY long day, goodness. I get frustrated if I wait 45 minutes for my doctor to come, YOU my dear are a patient woman.

^ Yup. I had my 24 week appt yesterday and we had to wait for almost 40 minutes. I was almost going to go to the desk to complain when finally my name got called! Lol

Purple is a fantastic color!

What is DD1's name if you don't mind me asking, adopim? I'm sure it's beautiful. ^_^

I never complain when my OB makes me wait for an appointment, but that's because I was lucky to get her. She's one of the best in our area and was only taking new patients by recommendation (got the recommendation from my MIL). She also delivers 85% of her patients. It's irritating sometimes, but I know that she's a really busy woman. A lot of the times that I have to wait are due to her delivering another patient.

DD1's name is Arianna. It is becoming a more and more popular name but is more commonly pronounced Ahri-ahnna or Airi-ahnna. I pronounce it Ahri-anna. The second "a" is like in "cat". :)
I loved the name Anna, but wanted to add a spin to it since I have a cousin named Anna.

I'm a huge Vikings fan so I really love the color purple lol. My OH actually got me a very awesome quilted Vikings diaper bag for mothers day. I'm in love with it!

Congrats on being team pink Peanut!!!!

Is 85% good? I was surprised to find out some hospitals you get whatever doctor is on call to deliver your baby. My best friend had a baby almost 2 years ago and I was there with her and couldn't believe the doctor delivering wasn't her doctor. My doctor has delivered both my babies regardless of the time of night or being on call. I thought that was the point of choosing a doctor and becoming comfortable with them!

Is 85% good? I was surprised to find out some hospitals you get whatever doctor is on call to deliver your baby. My best friend had a baby almost 2 years ago and I was there with her and couldn't believe the doctor delivering wasn't her doctor. My doctor has delivered both my babies regardless of the time of night or being on call. I thought that was the point of choosing a doctor and becoming comfortable with them!

I believe that 85% is good. The on call doctor ended up being the one who delivered Arianna. My doctor had come to check on me and I was at about 7cm. He had a quick meeting a few miles away and thought he would be back in plenty of time for the delivery. Within minutes of him leaving the hospital I went from 7cm to 10cm and was ready push. :dohh: So they had the on call doctor come up to deliver (basically he came in and caught her as she fell out of me :haha:) In the end, it turned out to be a neat story. The on call doctor that day was the same doctor who delivered me when I was born. So I was just fine with him as a replacement (not that I had any other choice, lol)

I don't even get to see a regular OB doctor when I go for appointments I see one of 8 on the high risk team. If I was not high risk there are Doctors, midwives, Doulas so I am lucky for the 8. and they tell you there is not a high likilyhood you will have any certain Doctor at delivery time :(. I was a bit upset with that. But, I have a great hospital. They told me at 30 weeks I can schedule a tour of the entire Labor and delivery section. When Zaya is born I get to keep her with me in the room as long as her and my health are doing okay. And as long as I get rest too! I am also lucky in the fact that since I go every 2-3 weeks til August then every week I must call and be seen I will know alot of the staff

85% is good. Unfortunately there are a lot of women that don't get delivered by their OB, so 85% is a reassuring percentage. That was one of the first things I asked her during my first appointment because I wanted to know what my chances were that she would be delivering my baby.

That is a cute spin on Anna. My paternal grandmother's name is Anna, so we thought about using Annabelle Lee as a cute way to name a girl after grandma (her name is Anna Marie and I also had a great-grandmother with the middle name Lee), but DF's parents named one of their cats Annabelle. :dohh:

I don't plan to keep Liam in the room with me at night in the hospital, but I have requested that they bring him in to me for feedings.

It's important to me that the doctor I've spent 9 months going to for my pre-natal care be the person who delivers my baby, which is why I drive 20 minutes to my appointments when I have several within literally 5 minutes of me, and 30 minutes to the hospital when I have closer ones. I don't want to take the chance switching doctors and find out I only have her deliver if she's on call. My friend doesn't seem to mind it, so I suppose each person has their own preferences. To me there's already too much uncertainty with labor, it's a very personal time in your life, and you should be in charge of who is there and who is delivering your baby! I'm very grateful to have the doctor I have. My kids have both come middle of the night, and I could tell she was asleep when she was called in, didn't even bother to comb her hair until she had stopped in to check on me lol. I'm sure it's exhausting, so I don't take it for granted. However if I HAD to have someone else deliver, it would be pretty cool if that doctor had delivered me as well! That's a great story!

Peanutmomma that's a lot of doctor visits. It's good they are keeping a close eye on things, but I'm sure it's more than you WANT to see doctors! I hope everything continues going smoothly!

I got my ultrasound results yesterday, my cervical length is at 3.3 cm and they don't worry unless it gets below 2.5, so I'm still ok(though I really didn't like hearing 3.3 cm even. Doctor does not sound concerned however). Have another ultrasound around 24 weeks so crossing my fingers I don't go below that mark at that point. Last pregnancy at 29 weeks I was at 2.3cm and my doctor called me at work and said "You need to go home immediately and get your feet up. No more work for the time being." I made it to 36 weeks after 2 active labor stops thankfully, but I wouldn't mind making it a bit further than that.

Originally we were planning on the name Ruby Luella Christine if baby is a girl, its a name we have had picked out since we were pregnant with our son. But I really wanted to use my grandma's name who passed away, we were very close and I miss her so very much and want to find a way to honor her. I have been tossing around Ruby Dora Christine in my head these days, and I think I like it.

It's also important to me that I have the best chance possible at having my OB deliver my baby, but unfortunately there can be circumstances in which your doctor is literally not able to make it to you to deliver your baby in time. It's nice to know that I have an 85% chance of getting my OB in the delivery room though. She's a very good OB and I feel lucky to have her. My MIL spoke very highly of her and insisted that I go to no one else. I don't know doctors in the area very well, so obviously I took the recommendation and I'm glad that I did. And that is a great story that you got the doctor that delivered you for Arianna, adopim! It's kind of hard not to trust the doctor that delivered you when you were born, haha.

I wanted to honor my great-grandmother if I had a girl because she was an amazing woman and she passed away in the fall of last year. We're having a boy though, so as per our compromise agreement we're giving him a family name from DF's side. Our next child gets a name from my side though, whether they're a boy or a girl. I think I would still like to use great-grandma Lee's name for another boy, but if we have a girl next time then I would like to use my paternal grandmother's middle name Marie. I think it's nice to honor family members that we're close to by naming our children after them. I think that Ruby Dora Christine sounds lovely. :)

Morning girls! Anyone have wicked storms last night???? We had a tree in front of our house hit by lightning, it was the SCARIEST sound I've ever heard! Sent both my kiddos crying to our bed, so sleep was non-existent last night. Here's some pics of the tree!

Attachments

• 994299_10201375085249069_1155826174_n.jpg
    994299_10201375085249069_1155826174_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1043976_10201375481338971_1150804468_n.jpg
    1043976_10201375481338971_1150804468_n.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
hey ladies!! I feel like I have not posted in ever! How are you all doing? I am good! My belly is starting to move when she moves and you can see her kicks. I am loving it!!! I love sitting here with my tummy in the open and talk to her and get a kick:) I am feeling good. I just have a pinched nerve that goes down my right leg making it feel numb. It is not constant, but it is annoying when it happens. But if that is the worst, I will take it!!

We got nasty storms here in Fargo. I wanted the rain though because we just sodded our yard and it needs the rain, pus this way I don't have to run the sprinklers:) Luckily, nothing in the garden got damaged, just drenched. Other then that, nothing is going on.... how about you guys?

we had insane storms this morning and I hate thunder and lightning! So does the kitty cat. we both snuggled up under DH arms and when he finally woke up and cuddled back the rain stopped LOL!! I am happy to see you on here today Liz :). I can't wait 28 days til we are in Fargo. It will be so great to meet you!! I don't have very constant movements yet :( I know soon enough it will all come. I can not believe that Sunday Liz hit her VDay!!! Just thought I would share that as that is a great milestone Liz. :cloud9::happydance::hugs:

We need a new picture of you and baby girl. so we can see how beautiful you are looking dear!

AFM- I am making my own baby slings and I was halfway through my very first one last night and decided that it would look better if I did something different. So, I am tearing out the hemming this morning and trying it a different way. I will post pics when complete. i have a few different designs on how to make them in my head too. I think, as I have weighed myself every morning this week to verify, I have gained 1.5 lbs this week. I don't see where at though, but I am up a little bit now. I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon for the Fetal Cardiography Scan to check Zaya's heart in detail and make sure all is well and there is nothing that my Diabetes has caused to harm her. I feel she is just fine and I hope my placenta is moving away from the front so I can feel her wiggling more real soon

Happy belated Vday, Liz! Mine was the day after yours. :thumbup:

Also happy belated Halfway Point, peanutmomma! :happydance:

We had some bad storms and flash flood warnings this past weekend here in Springfield, it totally ruined my plans with DF for our anniversary.
That is scary, craftymama! I'm glad no one got hurt.

We tend to sleep right through storms in this house. I vaguely remember waking up and hearing thunder, but it obviously didn't keep me up!

Baby is starting to move very very regularly and while I can't see it yet, I've been able to feel it on the outside more and more. Ultrasound has finally been rescheduled for Thursday, so fingers crossed LO cooperates and we can FINALLY find out what it is!!

thanks girls! I really can't believe that I only have 15 weeks to go until baby Leila is here!! Peanut- you will feel her constantly before you know it! I was at Subway today and I could see my shirt moving:) Some times, I feel like Leila, stop it and hold still, like at night when I want to sleep and she feels the need to squirm. Yes, we will definitely do lunch that Sunday. We are going to the Street Fair Saturday with friends, but Sunday is good! Ok, i am hitting up the pool cuz it's so stinkin hot out!!! Talk to you all later

I love watching the movement on the outside! DH says it looks like something from "Aliens" lol! I have lucked out so far, baby is very active around 10pm-midnight, then quiet all night until morning, usually about 9 or 9:30 before baby does any real kicking. Then all day throughout the day I feel lots of kicks. My kids finally got to feel the kicks! They loved that. My daughter found baby's heartbeat with the doppler all on her own the other night, she was pretty proud of herself :)

Good luck Thursday Jocelyn, and Happy Vday Liz!! Peanut can't wait to see your baby slings! I am going to be making a crib set for LO when he/she comes!

We did get some nasty storms here last night. Luckily, my DD didn't wake up. We moved her to the downstairs a couple days ago and I think if she had woken up she would have freaked out. The storm wasn't what actually woke me up (my desperate need to pee was the culprit for that!) but it kept me up. I didn't get up to look but by the sounds of it we got some pretty decent sized hail. We had a lot of wind too, but Mankato got hit really hard with the wind. My dad sent some pictures of the tons of tree branches down in their yard. One branch fell and put a hole in the roof of their garage (it was sticking straight up out of the garage this morning).

Happy Vday and halfway point Liz and peanutmomma!
Good luck at your ultrasound on Thursday Jocelyn!

I had my 26 week appointment last Wednesday. Everything looks good. I've gained more weight than I would like, but the doctor says it's perfect. I also had my glucose test and passed with flying colors (and my hemoglobin was perfect as well). We are having another ultrasound next Thursday. We are leaving for the Wisconsin Dells next Saturday and my doctor just want to check my fluid (since I had low fluid in my last pregnancy). She said she would rather be safe than sorry even if it is only 4-4.5 hours away from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->