Child benefit form

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I've finally got round to filling in Iona's child benefit form but 2 of the questions are:

Does this child live with you?

And

Has this child lived with anyone else in the last 12 months, if so what is the name and address of the person the child lived with.

How on earth do you answer this when they are still in the hospital :wacko: Do I just say that yes she does live with me because once she gets out of hospital she will obviously be living with us.

Also the 'has the child ever been known by a different name' question, how does that work when hospital policy is to use the Mum's surname whilst baby is in hospital regardless of what the child's surname on the birth certificate is?? :shrug:

I just did the form when he came home, but that was easier as he was only in for 6 weeks. It might be just as well to give them a call and see what they say.
With the name I think it will only apply if you have actually registered a name then changed it legally - if you are like me and not married the hospital have to use Mums name until the birth is registered then if registered with Dad's name they can change it on the records. That shouldn't concern the benefits agency.

I said yes the child lived with me and didn't include the hospital as a place they had lived in the previous 12 months. I had to fill mine in while Holly was in hospital as you could only backdate for 3 months and holly was in longer than that.

Same here - I completed the form while Andrew was still in Neonatal. I said that he had always lived with us, well he had, he was just visiting hospital. And he hadn't had any previous name, yes the hospital called him something else but he was registered as Andrew XXX and that's his only name. It actually annoyed us that the hospital called him "Baby YYY" by using my surname and not my partners.

Say yes she's stayed with you, it's more so if they've lived with someone else and they claimed for her (or something!) xx

What the others have said. The name thing confused me too.

I phoned up to check this with them when I was filling it in for Jessica and its as the girls say, just fill it in as if she is at home with you.

I phoned them too and as Princesspea says, you say they live with you, and the name is as you intend to have it registered.

When I phoned, I had a real long chat with the guy, he wanted to know all about how she was doing and how we were doing and wished us well. He had had a preemie too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->