child benefit

sophie said:
What is working tax credits :?: :oops:
I get it Sophie - Theres a sticky in the Home Life, Relationships & Finance section!

x

Wobbles said:
sophie said:
What is working tax credits :?: :oops:
I get it Sophie - Theres a sticky in the Home Life, Relationships & Finance section!

x

thanks chick ill have a look now!
x

Kina said:
1. Make you're own food. A carrot costs about 8p.
2. Use reusable wipes, spending nearly £7 a week on wetwipes is so much money!
3. Reusable nappies save shedloads of cash in the long run, particularly if you plan on having more children.
4. Sorry, some people might not like this, but only 2% of women can't breastfeed for genuine health reasons. Breastfeeding is free and the healthiest thing you can do for your baby. If you don't want to breastfeed and you're in a situation where you're not going to be able to afford to adequately feed your child with formula, should you really be having kids?

Apologies in advance if I've offended anyone, I just get fed up of hearing people whinge on about how they can't afford this and that, the government should be giving them more cash, when really they could be helping themselves and their families by pulling their finger out their asses and doing something about their situation instead of expecting other people to for them.

Kina if this is aimed at me id just like to say no offense taken but I cannot go out to work my OH works away full time and often isnt back for the weekend, fair enough breast milk is free good stuff etc, all well and good if id produced any, yes I will agree with making own food and as of today this morning i started making my own food for Alfie, I wont use terry nappoies personal choice the same as i wont use re-useable wipes. My choice yes and not once have i said i cant afford my rant as id explained earlier is that the government pays us that and i hardly see my OH etc and he works hard and we get by we do fine, yet a friend of mine whose worked for 3 months in her entire life gets more than us has no job has no intention of getting one and is basically sitting pretty, yes benefits should go to peopkle who need the help and im not for a second saying i am one of those but at the end of the day why is MY family doing without because OH is paying xxx amount of pounds in taxes so that the likes of my friend can take the piss!

Alfiesmummy said:
Kina said:
3. Reusable nappies save shedloads of cash in the long run, particularly if you plan on having more children.
4. Sorry, some people might not like this, but only 2% of women can't breastfeed for genuine health reasons. Breastfeeding is free and the healthiest thing you can do for your baby. If you don't want to breastfeed and you're in a situation where you're not going to be able to afford to adequately feed your child with formula, should you really be having kids?

Apologies in advance if I've offended anyone, I just get fed up of hearing people whinge on about how they can't afford this and that, the government should be giving them more cash, when really they could be helping themselves and their families by pulling their finger out their asses and doing something about their situation instead of expecting other people to for them.

Kina if this is aimed at me id just like to say no offense taken but I cannot go out to work my OH works away full time and often isnt back for the weekend, fair enough breast milk is free good stuff etc, all well and good if id produced any, yes I will agree with making own food and as of today this morning i started making my own food for Alfie, I wont use terry nappoies personal choice the same as i wont use re-useable wipes. My choice yes and not once have i said i cant afford my rant as id explained earlier is that the government pays us that and i hardly see my OH etc and he works hard and we get by we do fine, yet a friend of mine whose worked for 3 months in her entire life gets more than us has no job has no intention of getting one and is basically sitting pretty, yes benefits should go to peopkle who need the help and im not for a second saying i am one of those but at the end of the day why is MY family doing without because OH is paying xxx amount of pounds in taxes so that the likes of my friend can take the piss!

WHY did you think this was aimed at YOU :?

I'm sure Kina was just talking generally (and making some good points!)

Alfiesmummy said:
Kina said:

steffi i think that post from kina was more aimed at me as i was the one who said i had to take colby from formula to cows milk, anyways i dont care how much of a bad mother anyone thinks i am but i do know that both my kids are healthy happy and very much loved :D

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular and it wasn't a personal attack. My point was that disposable nappies, formula, disposable wipes and jarred baby food are all expensive options and there are ways of cutting down on costs. You don't have to use terry nappies, cloth nappies have come on in leaps and bounds since those days. There is no soaking and no hassle (well in my opinion). If I had both my babies (when the new one is here) in disposables and used disposable wipes I'd be spending about £100 a month, for £300 I can have them both completely kitted out with nappies and wipes. That £100 I'm saving then goes towards clothes and food etc.

Weestar I don't think you're a bad mother, but like Dionne, I don't fully understand that if you had benefits coming in why you couldn't stretch to a tin of formula a week for your baby. I'm sure your children are loved, like all of us on here love our children. As you'd discussed with your HV that you were taking her off of formula I would have hoped as a responsible HV they would have looked into helping you get what your baby nutritionally needed, rather than advising what they did. But as we all know not all HVs are responsible with the advice that they dish out!!

Minxy said:
Alfiesmummy said:
I wont use terry nappoies personal choice the same as i wont use re-useable wipes.

Just noticed this. I completely agree that everyone has individual idea when it comes to child raising but then we can't complain when the government handouts don't match our 'personal choice'. My personal choice would be to dress Stanley in 'Daisy and Tom' clothes but £17 a week doesn't stretch that far either! :lol:

Congrats on the home-made food BTW. How's it going? Stanley loves carrots but that's about it. Still, at least they're cheap :lol:

god it is costing me a bomb then using the pampers and baby wipes.

i wish i knew all this before Having Dior

it costs me £11 a box of nappies and i get 2 boxes = £22 and that lasts 10days 2 baby wipes = £2

one thing i have completely changed though is i now make all my food. i gave it a go the once and Harley loved it :o Harley like veg he usually spits the tinned dinners out but loved it fresh. so i have never looked back.

the way i feed him now is if i wouldnt eat it i dont expect him too. i hate the tins but love fresh veg.

and its costing me about £2 a week now to feed him :thumpup:

Dionne, I'm going to try growing my own this year. If I get over crops you can have them for free!!! :)

That's great Dionne and it saves so much dosh making your own stuff. I remember when you first tried him with butternut squash and said he was kicking you for more :lol:

I just bought some 2nd hand Wonderoo nappies for £6 each. https://www.babykind.co.uk/wonderoos.htm When they come through I'll wash them at 60 degrees with napisan then I'm totally happy to use them. They fit birth to potty and are pocket nappies so no faffing around with liners and wraps and I stuff them with prefolds which cost me about £8 for 14. Those nappies will fit both Ella and Gabe as they have poppers to make them smaller. I bought one when Ella was 4 months and she's still comfortably in them now.

Minxy said:
Dionne, I'm going to try growing my own this year. If I get over crops you can have them for free!!! :)

I want a veg patch when we move house aswell :D We can compare pics of our carrots :p :lol:

Maddie is on jars at the moment until i move house as i haven't got a freezer.

I belive that everyone is entitled to some sort of help finacial or otherwise ... i.e nursery fee's.

Personally i think this descussion is getting WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to heated!
:wink:

Kina said:
Weestar I don't think you're a bad mother, but like Dionne, I don't fully understand that if you had benefits coming in why you couldn't stretch to a tin of formula a week for your baby. I'm sure your children are loved, like all of us on here love our children. As you'd discussed with your HV that you were taking her off of formula I would have hoped as a responsible HV they would have looked into helping you get what your baby nutritionally needed, rather than advising what they did. But as we all know not all HVs are responsible with the advice that they dish out!!

that was my point i wasnt getting ANY benefits we were living off £138 having a pre pay matere and using £30 a week on that alone for heating ect, petrol for the car to run back and forward to the housing trying to ple for help, buying nappies baby jars food for Adele bread milk all the essentials we needed to live of for one week didnt even cover so some weeks we had to do withought some things. We had to pay £30 straight off just for the rent as we werent entitle to housing or council tax benefits because OH was recieveing £28 SSP he was only entitle to that because he had only been employed for 6 weeks when he was signed of by his gp.

As for the HV they did try and get us the help we needed but it didnt happen, we are now having to pay £138 a fortnight rent to clear of the remaining arrears

so i hope now i have made it clear we done that choice because we had no other option

as for the re usable nappies ect it costs alot to start it off and as the situation we were in we couldnt afford to buy all the re usable nappies wipes ect hence why i had to use disposable ones.
as for the jars, i didnt have a cooker and have only just bought one but it isnt installed because their was no place for it in the kitchen so now the kitchen and bathroom are being done as i type I WILL BE MAKING MY OWN when all this is finnished

Kina said:
It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular and it wasn't a personal attack. My point was that disposable nappies, formula, disposable wipes and jarred baby food are all expensive options and there are ways of cutting down on costs. You don't have to use terry nappies, cloth nappies have come on in leaps and bounds since those days. There is no soaking and no hassle (well in my opinion). If I had both my babies (when the new one is here) in disposables and used disposable wipes I'd be spending about £100 a month, for £300 I can have them both completely kitted out with nappies and wipes. That £100 I'm saving then goes towards clothes and food etc.quote]

thats fine hun i just thought it was as it listed all the points i covered i wasnt having a bitch just stating why i said what i had said.

Minxy said:
Congrats on the home-made food BTW. How's it going? Stanley loves carrots but that's about it. Still, at least they're cheap :lol:
[/quote]

just tried him on home made carrot swede and potato and he looked at me as if to say mother what the fuck r u feeding me. he hated it im going to try just carrot tomorrow

I would sell my body if it meant buying baby milk but then I would prob only get a fiver or so :lol: No seriousley I would or I would eat beans on toast myself so I could use a fiver for it.

I am not being personal by the way....
bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->