child benefit

god makes mine seem like pennies. but the prob with me is i dont pay it untill the court got intouch :lol:

but i am back on to it al now. every thing has being set up to be payed in enstalments on the 1st of every month except my mobile bill :oops: i refuse to pay it.

It is depressing but its mine and OH's own fault! :oops:

Dionne said:
for my Job at bt all they were interested in was comintment and comunication skills

Dionne, you are so right. I work in employment training, and recent surveys (and business feedback) constantly say employers rate 'soft skills' (teamwork, communication, general numeracy/literacy) above ANY qualifications when it comes to recruitment.

I think the excuse that someone can't get a job is flimsy, but it's the government's fault for keeping people on benefits for so long that it's become a lifestyle of CHOICE for so many people, which was never the reason the system was set up.

At work I find it so hard to try and coach teens to get jobs when they come from families who sit at home and haven't worked in GENERATIONS!

On the house thing, I agree there is a severe lack of entry level properties but I also think it depends how desperate you are to get on the ladder. We bought a house for 92K. It's rundown and not in my area of choice but I really wanted to be a homeowner. For most people to own a first home takes a lot of compromise and I totally understand how you'd get used to living in nicer rented accomodation!

can i just clarify that i dont get benefits for not working we only get tax credits and CB like most working parents do

so dont think because i dont work i get benefits :roll:

:oops: i have never ever been in debt ive never had a cc or contract phone! The only thing i have is a next account an that scares me!
Hubby has 10k debt but in his name. Whats mine is his an visa versa but he keeps me away from the money side of things cos i get scared :shock: :lol: but we do struggle from month to month cos of the repayments on the house etc!
Bloddy pain!
x

This may sound dumb to some people but I'd love to get into a bit more debt & stay private renting for now - If I could conceive & hold normally I wouldn't want to bar a house of my own but thats not the case & for a while now I've worried how to get a hold of a few grand to help us acheive our goal of a family with everything else I'd settle for last :)

Rather be up the debt ladder right now than the house ladder although I would LOVE to own our own place too :)

weestar21 said:
can i just clarify that i dont get benefits for not working we only get tax credits and CB like most working parents do

so dont think because i dont work i get benefits :roll:

Sorry, my post wasn't in response to your original post, I was just getting carried along in the conversation.

It's my general observations (and pet hates :wink: ) and definitely nothing to do with ANY member on here :)

no i am not aiming at any one, i think we are just getting carried away in the whole working / benifit thing.

the gorverment really need to clamp down on it.

My mums friend is 38 has 2 children that are at school but she dont work and has not worked for 10yrs. she gets her benifits and they even give loans :o and she goes abroad. she has a nice house, housing benifits pay it for her.

i also no alot of girls that claim they are single get benifits but have a working partner.

i have done the maths and for me to leave kris give up work i will be much better of

I want to win the lottery :D

i dont even have an overdaft on my account so we live of what we have and cant get anymore debt because we went bankrupt so as for buying a house we would find it very difficult and to be honest i dont think i would buy again with the hassle we had when we did buy our first house, so im happy enough to live in a council estate in my flat :D

sorry for my last post i just didnt want to get slated again as i know some people can get the wrong idea with this sort of post but i just thought i should mention that i am not entitle to any other benefits except tax credits and child benefit :D

Dionne said:
i have done the maths and for me to leave kris give up work i will be much better of

That's my point, The system is flawed. It was set up to help those genuinely in need and I don't think the right people always get the help. And when people who have NEVER worked and have no independent way of supporting themselves or no-one to rely on financially start talking about their RIGHT to children it does get my back up to be honest. (Again, NOT here but I've seen this arguement on other forums)

I'm pleased we live in a society that has these things in place but it's so open to abuse. And then the money doesn't go to those who need, like those who are blighted by family breakdown or genuine long term illness.

No Dionne you are better leaving Kris, and working 16 hours! :D

My friend has 2 kids and is a single mum she gets 640 tax credits a month! Works for the Council earning 15k a year, clears 1000 on her own salary. :D

I keep saying to Dae after the next one, he's out! :lol:

Hey by the way I'm here 7 days a week & I do work I just have the bonus of working from home/from my PC :lol:

KX said:
No Dionne you are better leaving Kris, and working 16 hours! :D

My friend has 2 kids and is a single mum she gets 640 tax credits a month! Works for the Council earning 15k a year, clears 1000 on her own salary. :D

I keep saying to Dae after the next one, he's out! :lol:
Fucking hell!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry just a daft thought, this has been the most popular post i have ever started :rofl: :rofl:

I still hold the record tho-35 pages I think it was :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->