child benefit

weestar21

Reaction score
got a letter in saying that child benefit is going up by a whole £1 odds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

suppose every penny helps doesnt it :D

waw they r really generous :D

pmsl I thought that was each :shock:

no :shock: :rofl: :rofl:

hang on i'll tell you exactly how much im getting *runs to get letter*

this is what the letter says

'' i am writting to tell you about the increase in your child benefit. From 9 April 2007, the total amount of child benefit you recieve each week will change from £29.15 to £30.20''

Adele £18.10 per week
Colby £12.10 per week

so its not even a pound more

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol oooh wonder if everyones is goin up!!

oooo i didnt know it had gone up! havnt had a letter saying so yet. woohooo, an extra few pennies, cant wait lol

Yvanne said:
lol oooh wonder if everyones is goin up!!

Yeah it goes up every year, so will tax credits :D

Sorry i know this as I used to work for Social Security, its called "cost of living increases". Yeah rite as if cost of living only goes up a £1 a year :twisted:

Huh!!!

Living expenses ... they looked at the likes of N Power and British Gas this yr??

And lets not mention nappies and others essentials lol

A whole pound ... what a joke!

I've not had my letter yet either. Can't wait. :roll:

I've asked this before on another forum - but why do you get less for the second child? It's not like their nappies cost less????? And I've got to start from scratch as Kayleigh is 13, but I get less for Charlie. :? Oh, and people like Helen who is expecting twins will get less for the second one born. Work that out!!! :shock: :lol:

HUH tossers!!!

I suppose they think you can re use disposable nappies aswell as let new borns wear a 13yr olds clothes?!!!

Bet tis a man that works all this out bloody idiots!

No I bet its someone with no kids that has worked it out :roll:

im not sure why they give less for every child after your first :roll:
but the goverment law to live off for a family of 4, includes 2 adults and 1 child age 4 and one baby under 1 is £209 per week :? so i was told anyway when we tried to apply for benefits when OH was off sick but we werent entitle to anything and had to live off a total of £138.78p :roll: luckily hes now fit and healthy and in a much better less stressful job than the last one :D

Urgh its complete balls, This is how much i get 18.10 a week
this is how much it costs per week for Alfie

1x Aptimil food at 7 pounds each = 7 pounds
2x size 3 packets of huggies nappies at 4.99 each = 9.98 pounds
3x Baby wipes at 2.09 per pack = 6.27 pounds
5x tins of baby food at 3p per tin = 1.50 pound

not to mention calpol teething gel etc, so basic costs for Alfie are

24.76 basic

great job the government are doing ay! PRATS!

but what do you want them to be doing?

See I am in 2 minds about this:- Here's my story/explanation!

I dont think the government should be compensating people popping out kids, and its good they give something.....When I get Bex's child benefit every month I make sure I spend that and more on her as I feel guilty having that money in my bank-even ask my mum :lol: she thinks Im mad.

Now where I do think they go wrong is the tax credit system for working parents! You get no help hardly and childcare costs are sky high! :D

Beanie will u sort them out for me? :lol:

KX said:
See I am in 2 minds about this:- Here's my story/explanation!

I dont think the government should be compensating people popping out kids, and its good they give something.....When I get Bex's child benefit every month I make sure I spend that and more on her as I feel guilty having that money in my bank-even ask my mum :lol: she thinks Im mad.

Now where I do think they go wrong is the tax credit system for working parents! You get no help hardly and childcare costs are sky high! :D

Beanie will u sort them out for me? :lol:

see thats my feelings about things.
Kx I wish I could sort them out, so far winning the lottery is the only thing I can try and do (if I win I'll remember you :wink: )

i get my child benefit monthly as well and it always get spent on a rota one month its food nappies milk ect and next month its clothes shoes trainers ect
this month it will have to go towards Adeles nursery uniform and a new pair of shoes and whats left will go on food, Thankfully we do get tax credits but still waiting on them sorting it all out and we get £107 a week £85 is childrens tax credits and the £22 is working tax credits, the have messed up somewher with our claim and had down i was earning £5000 a year but i wasnt working :? so hopefully come April when the new tax date comes hopefully it will all be sorted out and i wont owe them anything [-o< [-o<

as i did say at the start of this thread that every penny does help and Kx i do agree with you that the government shouldnt really be paying us to pop out babies, but to be honest and i know this is going way off the subject but i think its better they pay parents something than paying the full wack to drug abusers sorry just had to say that

*runs and hides now*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->