child benifits UK girls....not good news

Laura I dont get what you mean by those on IS etc should pay it back too, I have friends on IS that have £50 a month after bills, that means for food and everything else, how can they pay back more.

The reason that those benefits are set at £40 odd quid a week is because that is the rate set by the government say is acceptable for the minimum for living on a week. When you think about it £45 for the parent, and £45 for the child (so about £90 a week) for tv, water, gas, electric, food, other bills isnt a lot. I am not knocking what we do have cos it is great that those people are cared for but I just dont think those people would see even £1 less a week as not noticeable, when £1 could get them a cheap loaf of bread and a cheap tin of beans, so lunch or dinner, dykwim?

not sure what you could take off a single parent really, the amount they get is pittance it really is :( I couldnt survive on it thats for sure

I've been a single mum now since Jan 2009 so about 2 years. And tbh I struggle with money more now than I did before. I can only imagine the cuts and VAT rise will make it worse. I'm just grateful that is all they've decided to cut. For now.

And maybe my driving lesson costs..... and petrol costs... and..... the cost of chicken 'cause I buy alot of chicken................ :rofl:

And maybe my driving lesson costs..... and petrol costs... and..... the cost of chicken 'cause I buy alot of chicken................ :rofl:

i know have you noticed the price of chiken in asda £7+ for a pack of 4 breasts, last week they rolled back to £6 i still think thats alot

I'm glad we're not the only ones with insane chicken prices :wacko: $7-$10 for 2 chicken breasts!

I buy frozen chicken from Iceland because I can't afford fresh chicken. The prices of fresh meat is bloody ridiculous!!

Chicken is ridiculously expensive, well all meat is if you want to it to be somewhat edible!! Will cherish the few months before weaning and we have to buy more!! :p xx

Two lovely fat chicken breasts costs around £3-4 at my butchers and it's worth it, I just don't eat meat as often.

chicken is crazy expensive, thats why I buy the 2 chickens for £7 in asda, I can make each whole chicken last 3 days for 2 adult

it is the price of corn that makes the chicken expensive :(

We have to use our tesco vouchers and points and things for fresh meat now... Tesco is definately the cheapest though!

I have also tried the basics bag of frozen mince, and although i didnt read the actual content ingredients, it wasn't so bad if you mixed it up with stuff... saved me about a tenner too :lol:

x

And its quite crumbly which i like! I HATE chunks of meat, but i like the crumbly stuff. Have you noticed its the same that they use in restaurants like Zizzi and Pizza express!!!! Rip off merchants :rofl: Its a fiver a bag! x

I buy alot of meat but I bulk out the means with lentils and sweet potato etc, no one minds and its yummier! That way we can still have good quality meat :)

i know have you noticed the price of chiken in asda £7+ for a pack of 4 breasts, last week they rolled back to £6 i still think thats alot

Asda sell 2 whole chickens for £6. (admittedly not free range but for £6 chicken breasts aen't free ranhe either) So why not buy two while chickens and cut the breasts off and then use the rest of the chicken to make soups/casseroles etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->