child benifits UK girls....not good news

I just get annoyed because we pay so much into the system but I get no help when I want to start training to be a teacher. We have to pay for everything, including childcare I think!

I spoke to Tax credits when I moved to this address. They know I have a partner and they know he doesnt live with us and what happens financially. I am still to claim as a single parent because in the eyes of the law we are not in a relationship unless we are married or living togther. I have even had a letter about the changes. They said it still stays the same..

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/keep-up-to-date/changes-affect/how-when-report.htm#2
Just to clarify!!

I think you claim as a single parent if you don't live with your partner BUT you have to declare any financial help they give you otherwise that IS benefit fraud.

Yeah any income that comes in has to be declared. Even child maintaince had to be declared doesn't it? Xx

Yes it does, I have to declare any other income I get on a regular basis. Like CSA. Someone reported me for benefit fraud last year because apparently I was getting money and not declaring it. I wish I had have been!

I also have to update my nursery payments on a regular basis.

I don't think the problem is with you claiming tax credits or being a fraudster, Laura2919. You just appeared to have a very strong view on people taking out of the system more than they put in, when you're receiving money for childcare for TWO children and I doubt you're paying tax back into the system in excess of what you're receiving?

I don't want to be a SAHM when my daughter is at nursery, but I can't afford to go to college and university to get the career I want because I am not on benefits. I DO know the system is frustrating, but you can't make such stereotypical comments to a forum full of people with different circumstances.

If there's one thing this forum has taught me it's that every single person is different, and even though I can't see them, they're real people, with real lives and real feelings.

I don't think the problem is with you claiming tax credits or being a fraudster, Laura2919. You just appeared to have a very strong view on people taking out of the system more than they put in, when you're receiving money for childcare for TWO children and I doubt you're paying tax back into the system in excess of what you're receiving?

I don't want to be a SAHM when my daughter is at nursery, but I can't afford to go to college and university to get the career I want because I am not on benefits. I DO know the system is frustrating, but you can't make such stereotypical comments to a forum full of people with different circumstances.

If there's one thing this forum has taught me it's that every single person is different, and even though I can't see them, they're real people, with real lives and real feelings.

I know I am no fraudster and its not very nice to be labelled one.I understand that some of my posts have come across wrong or with the wrong intention.

My problems with your argument lay with the fact you say you and your OH have no money to live off at the end of the month or whatever, then you say single mums should go out to work and pay back into the system. If you and your partner could not manage that living together why do you expect single mums to do so? I also don't understand how, if your OH doesn't help you out at all, that you can say, "well I was a single mum for a month," because nothing would have changed for you financially?

People are absolutely right - when I wasn't living with my boyfriend, I was legally considered single. Unless you have the same address or a marriage between you, you are single. There's no tick box on your forms for in a relationship and it's complicated like on Facebook lol. It's not fraud or anything, if I had filed for it, I would have been entitled to tons. I would have loved the 'free money' but didn't because I didn't need to.. and I wanted an incentive to get back to work after maternity leave really

My problems with your argument lay with the fact you say you and your OH have no money to live off at the end of the month or whatever, then you say single mums should go out to work and pay back into the system. If you and your partner could not manage that living together why do you expect single mums to do so? I also don't understand how, if your OH doesn't help you out at all, that you can say, "well I was a single mum for a month," because nothing would have changed for you financially?

I was a single mum for longer than a month and I do understand how hard it is. My argument wasnt about going to work this is where everyone is getting it wrong. it was about everyone should be paying back the deficit so if there are cuts to CB, Tax credits and our wages are all capped and no increases coming soon then everyone should pay back something including those on JSA and income support.. It wasnt about people going to work. We should all be doing our bit to pay back this country debt. I said that the tax payer is taking cuts so it should be seen it all aspects and I still stand by that.

But can a single mum really afford to pay back into the system? If they're at a loss if they work, and they're already struggling? Do you really want to take food out of their children's mouths and clothes off of their back to get our stupid country out of debt?

But can a single mum really afford to pay back into the system? If they're at a loss if they work, and they're already struggling? Do you really want to take food out of their children's mouths and clothes off of their back to get our stupid country out of debt?

I never mentioned single mums. I said people on JSA and income support. I dont have an awful lot left at the end of the month but I have to pay more. My nursery fees will increase for me as tax credits reduce the childcare element so I will have even less money.

Single mums are on income support. And I'm sure you did make comments on them being able to work.

Just step out of your own shoes and into someone elses. Woe is me, isn't a good look for anyone.

Lots of people are going to be worse off, myself included, quite a great deal, but we will live.

Yes but it wasnt just aimed at single mothers. It was the comment that they didnt trust childcare professionals that I posted to but not about single mums.
Yes I have been a single parent and I wasnt out of work. I can do it and I did do it. Yes it not easy and I know they must have certain struggles but some do just have an excuse but the same can be said for anything.

Exactly! How many people do you know on JSA and Income Support? Are you going by people you know, or what you hear/read?

It annoys me that my friends who come onto this thread who are single mums or out of work are going to be upset by you looking down on them.

Im not looking down on them. I just think that everyone should pay back something and its something that I wont change my view of. As I already posted way back when my view is based on what I see on the tv i.e panorama and from some people I know and friends of friends. Thats all I can base my view on because I dont know everyone. My friend doesnt want to work because she will only be £50 better off whereas my friend is desperately trying to find a job. I have never said I think they are all lazy spongers and I never would because I have seen both. But I still believe we should all have to pay back something.
I am not gonna keep posting because I have said all I need to and I really dont want to go into it all again.

Yeah but as well as that the high earners have lost their tax credits and CB and people like me are having the childcare element of their tax credits cut. I dont know what the going rate is for JSA or income support but maybe a reduction of £2 who knows or maybe it frozen for a few years (if it even goes up, again I dont know). (Dont all bite my head off as I really dont know the rates and what people get its just an option, it may not work who knows)

I dont ask peoples details of money that goes in and out of their accounts and I honestly dont wish to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->