Child bike trailer

Pink1981

Reaction score
Anyone used one?

I'm tempted to get on for the school run as its a 4.6 mile round trip twice a day and i like cycling anyway.....

Just wondering if anyone had used one and what you thought of it?!

I would need a double but not sure if i will fit a 5 and 3 year old in?

Would be good because if we don't sell the house soon then in january it will be 3 trips a day as sid will start nursery and that would be about 6 hours walking a day :dohh:

:flower:

Hi

We have had two and i love them. The first one was mainly for my eldest as lo would always cry in it so she stayed in the bike seat on the back of my bike lol. Daniel was about 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 when we used this one. This one broke so at the start of this year we bought another one. This one was a much better and sturdier one. Both of mine like being in this one. Daniel actually cycles anyway so he tends not to be in it all that much but if i needed him to then i could quite easier fit him and Esther in the trailer - they are 5 and 3 and Daniel is a very tall 5 year old.

I would recommend one like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CHIL...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item563bfd3bf3

because it had the bars that stop it tipping and also the attachment that attaches it to the bike is a fixed one. You have to make sure that you don't have quick release wheels on the bike though. The other type of attachment is one that you tighten the trailer to the bike each time you use it and it damages the bike and you also can't really get it tight enough.

Hi

We have had two and i love them. The first one was mainly for my eldest as lo would always cry in it so she stayed in the bike seat on the back of my bike lol. Daniel was about 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 when we used this one. This one broke so at the start of this year we bought another one. This one was a much better and sturdier one. Both of mine like being in this one. Daniel actually cycles anyway so he tends not to be in it all that much but if i needed him to then i could quite easier fit him and Esther in the trailer - they are 5 and 3 and Daniel is a very tall 5 year old.

I would recommend one like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CHIL...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item563bfd3bf3

because it had the bars that stop it tipping and also the attachment that attaches it to the bike is a fixed one. You have to make sure that you don't have quick release wheels on the bike though. The other type of attachment is one that you tighten the trailer to the bike each time you use it and it damages the bike and you also can't really get it tight enough.

Thank you so much! :flower:

I just noticed that your two are almost exactly the same age as mine. Your eldest is 4 days younger and your youngest is 3 days younger lol

I just noticed that your two are almost exactly the same age as mine. Your eldest is 4 days younger and your youngest is 3 days younger lol

Haha that's crazy!! I just saw that you had a c section then a vbac. I had a natural birth then a c section! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->