child care and fluffy bums

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
im planning on going back to work part time after about 9 months. Any idea whether most nurseries would allow cloth nappies?

No nursery I know will accept a baby in cloth nappies, they have to be in disposables. However I do know of childminders who will happily take children in cloth so that may be worth looking into.

most nurseries don't but there are ones out there that do, some even supply their own. I think more are swinging that way aswell as more parents are.

The nursery we are going to is absolutely fine with it, and have other babies in cloth too. They said whatever I do with Freya they will do, from cloth - washable wipes - BLW.

I haven't been to see any other nurseries so don't know what they are like.

:)

The nursery we are going to is absolutely fine with it, and have other babies in cloth too. They said whatever I do with Freya they will do, from cloth - washable wipes - BLW.

I haven't been to see any other nurseries so don't know what they are like.

:)

aw thats really good and you're so lucky! More nurseries should definatly take this road IMO.

The 3 nurseries we went to were happy to have babies in cloth, but liked you to have some sposies there just incase.

I hold out hope that some of my local nurseries will accept cloth bums at some point! The one my son went to was perfectly ok with BLW etc but wouldnt do cloth nappies!

When I went to visit I told them she was in cloth, and they didn't believe me because their other cloth bums have very bulky nappies (don't know what) and they said Freya's bum looked too small! I showed them my BG Organic AIO and they loved it, couldn't believe how easy it was to use :D. I have even bought an extra lovely wet bag for them to use! Lol. Any excuse :haha:

LOL yeh right just for them ...bet you're using it already tho !!:haha:

The first nursery my DS went to only allowed ecofriendly/biodegradable disposable nappies; they provided them: Nature Babycare ones and we had to pay a few pennies for the amount that was used; which I thought was a great incentive for the other parents to switch to ecofriendly types when using disposables. The current nursery they go to weren't keen on the idea of using cloths either so I give them Nature Babycare ones (as they seemed good when using at the other nursery) for my DD; potty training her atm so bye-bye nappies soon yay!!

Obviously the environmental impact is impotant but our main driver for going cloth is to save money. Im just concerned with 2 or 3 days a week in childcare using disposables we are not gonna save anything! It may even end up being more expensive :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->