Children in hospital at Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkee12

Reaction score
What would you put in an Xmas bundle for them? Need ideas fast. Thanks

Depends on age, but colouring book and pencils, story book, teddy. Top trump cards or something similar like a travel board game maybe :/ trying to think of things they can use if they can't get out of bed much.

I guess it depends what age and why they are in.
Our local soft play area are donating new toys to the hospitals play room. And our local bliss team are doing neonatal christmas bags for babies and parents on NICU. Including mini shower gel/soap, knitted small hat, a mini notepad and pen, mints, hand sanitizer, small Lindt chocolate, baby's 1st Christmas bauble, and a few other things on the list I can't remember. Everyone is donating certain things.

I think for slightly older children activity books and crayons should go down well to pass time, I bet they get bored x

Depends on age
a busy book or similar, colourings/activity book
For younger toddlers some music makers

Puzzles, travel games, maybe an mp3 player with audio books on it. Colours and art stuff. Pyjamas and slipper socks. Story books appropriate to age.

DS1 is in hospital at the minute and things he has played with the most are colouring pens/paper/colouring books.
A pack of cards as there is so much you can do with them
A game called 'shut the box' but any board game would be good. (Think of size of they can't get out of bed it will need to fit on the little table over bed)
He's enjoyed 'hot wheels' style cars as can play them on the table or across the floor if there's room :)

Also pjs, slippers/slipper socks. Dressing gown

Other ideas - puzzles
A small lego set to build maybe if age appropriate

Cute slippers/dressing gowns/pjs
Lipgloss/nail varnish for older kids and teens
If you know the child personally and know they can use them, itunes/amazon gift card so they can buy apps/music/ebooks
Books or magazines
Puzzle books
A diary
Nice pens/crayons/stickers depending on age
Playing cards or dice with a printed booklet explaining a handful of different games
Paper dress up dolls, origami paper with instructions, any sort of paper toys (you could find these free online and just print them on decent paper)

We made up some stuff for Post Pals and took apart those finish-the-picture doodle books and laminated the pages, and presented them in a ring binder with some dry wipe pens so they could be done over and over or passed on to a friend.

Totally unrelated but why bird i luv your signature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back