Chocolate oatly...

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
...is surprisingly a very good heartburn remedy. I have had really bad heartburn for the past couple of days and despite me sending OH to get me Rennies and coconut water I still don't have them yet. :D. I was so desperate I was going to try bicarbonate of soda in water and that's pretty rank. There was some chocolate oatly in the fridge and I thought hmm maybe I better not have it as it may make my heartburn worse (as normal dairy hot chocolate or milkshake would) but I decided to risk it and have it anyway. Within a minute I felt the heartburn 'fire' had really been dampened. I then had salad and vegetable curries for tea and this brought my heartburn back but then had the last mouthful of the oatly and it really helped again. I can now lie down as I have needed to all day :happydance: xx

Gaviscon is my best friend! X

It's a chocolate flavoured oat milk. For some weird reason gaviscon doesn't work for me and the slimy texture of it makes me gag and vomit. Rennies work for me and I finally got some (OH finally remembered) but the chocolate oatly worked better and it's tastier :D. It does contain added calcium and is fairly alkali in comparison with cows' milk so that may be how it works? Weirdly though the original plain version doesn't work in the same way. Xx

https://www.oatly.co.uk/products/oatly-oat-drink-chocolate

Most UK supermarkets sell it, it's often £1 a carton on offer xx

Ooh thanks I've honestly never seen it! If I get heartburn I will be sure to bear this in mind! :) xx

I never heard or seen it before either! I love drinks like that at the moment too. I have been taking strawberry flavoured gaviscon in tablet form, they are quite nice.

Yummy! A good excuse to try some chocolate oatly! I've got to that stage where I get varying degrees of heartburn for most of the day. Such a rubbish feeling. It's always worst when I eat naughty treats though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->