Choosing the right nursery....

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
.... is so difficult !!

unfortunately I will return to work in May 09 next year and my baby will be in nursery full time. I made the decision to put baby in nursery as it seemed the more flexible option but now I cant decide which nursery is best !! :hissy:

I really need to get it sorted asap as I know my friends round here have struggled to get places....

DEAR ME!!!! Sorry to rant :rofl: xx

Do they have Montesory nurseries where you are? I've heard they are very good.

I know :( and they're so expensive! I'm not going to look until my LO is born as I don't plan on going back to work until September time.

I'm just starting to look now. I dont' know how much daycare is in the UK, but if you want expensive, try CHEAPEST 120 swiss francs A DAY!?!??! And most are more expensive based on the parent's salaries - to the tune of about 1800-2000 chf/month for 3 days/wk!?!? It BLOWS my Canadian mind, 'cause we have $7/day daycare?!?! *sigh* Sorry to rant. This country is just NOT made for mum's who have to work... :grr:

I'm just starting to look now. I dont' know how much daycare is in the UK, but if you want expensive, try CHEAPEST 120 swiss francs A DAY!?!??! And most are more expensive based on the parent's salaries - to the tune of about 1800-2000 chf/month for 3 days/wk!?!? It BLOWS my Canadian mind, 'cause we have $7/day daycare?!?! *sigh* Sorry to rant. This country is just NOT made for mum's who have to work... :grr:

Where? Where in Canada do we have $7 day care?
Please tell me because I'm moving there tomorrow!
I've been told to budget $1000-1500/month for Calgary childcare. Times that by more than one kid and you might as well stay home with the babies cause you're working for childcare with not much left over.
And to think how close we were to a universal daycare plan for all of Canada. The Tories killed that as soon as they got the minority government, setting working parents back about fifty years. And then I have to watch their leader, Stephen Harper, spout off on how he's a regular family man and faces the same pressures as other Canadian parents. Puh-leeeze!
An upper middle-class wealthy business man with a stay-at-home wife does NOT face the same childcare issues as the average Canadian!
I despise Stephen Harper. I really really want him to get his ass kicked in this election. His child tax credits are a joke. We get approx. $100/month/child as a TAXABLE benefit, (so we're not even getting that much before the government claws some of it back!). I was disappointed when the Conservatives killed universal daycare before I was pregnant. Now, I'm taking it personally!!! :hissy:

take your time looking at nurseries find the right one for you i think you are either nursery or childminder inclined.
i like childminders the only reason i like the home from home feel of them, and not so regimented as nurseries also alot of kids work in nurseries cos its crap money, but alot of parents like the structure nurseries give.
don't rush yourself and make sure you get a good feel from them,
go see a few before you decide don't put too much pressure on yourself
x

One of them may stand out, you'll get a feel for it. I work in a nursery myself so if you want you can pm me anything. How are the staff when your there? Decor? What's provided for the daily cost? How will you know what your baby has done all day...? x

OH and I put our baby's name down for nusery yesterday. It's popular, so s/he is on the waiting list already for a place in October/November 2009!! Having said that, we both really liked the nursery, it's at my work so very convenient, and we will get a 25% staff discount.

I'm thrilled to have it sorted, it's one less thing to worry me at 4am! Although I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to scare me...

I already signed her up for a private nursery over here in September 2009.

The thing is that over here you don't have much to choose from.There are 4 nurseries in town,one of them being private..but I had to sign her up very early and put down like a million deposits! Very hard work!

I hope you manage to decide quick hun! :hugs:

I'm very lucky that a friends mum has a brilliant nursery and she's also a mw, so if i need to use a nursery i have one available :) Not that that helps you much..sorry

Do they have sure start centres in leeds?

They have nurseries within them that are run by the council. They are usually resonably priced and are very well equipped as they have lots of money put into them.

Also the staff are very well experienced and get paid a very good wage.

It is a difficult decision and you do need to choose carefully. I have worked in 3 private day nurseries in the past. One of them i only worked there for a few weeks and then reported them as the care offered was terrible. The other two were great.

It would be ideal if you know someone who's child goes to a nursery or one that can be recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->