Christian Ladies-Let's Pray for our Babies!!

If it is true I wonder why it happens. if the placenta attaches in normal way why could ivf cause it to fail early? Interesting.

I think placenta and amniotic fluid start to diminish after 40, so I understand where you are coming from Bree!

I am going to ask my doctor about that today because like u I worry also!
I pray God will bring this baby safe to me every night!

Keep us posted!

It must be frightening. What makes it worse for ivf babies?

3 boys and Jenny I am headed for appointment with midwife in about an hour so I will let you know what she says however midwives don't know much about ivf pregnancies as,once the baby is implanted and healthy they are basically seen as normal pregnancies .However depending on where you have the ivf done some of the pregnancies you get given consultant lead care which I was given .Some of the consultants don't let the pregnancy go over and some do..I need more info on why though as there is no concrete reason that I have come across but since it is something that is often discussed among ivf mommies I do often wonder ....why...but hoping to get some light on this today...could be because of the placenta diminishing more quickly...but why that is I don't really know..also there is known to be a higher rate of still births among ivf pregnancies so maybe they just like to be extra safe ...I'm not sure but I have moved from the area where I had my ivf so everything is different here !!!

Will let you know how it goes :)

Jenny I pray you have a smooth delivery soon too you must be sign watching by now lol

Well I am waiting to get an ultrasound ASAP!
The doctor wants to see me again today after its done!
The reason is because my stomach not only is not growing but my stomach is getting smaller :-(
I am a bit stressed about this please pray for me and my baby!

:hugs: Jennyy praying for you.
I'm sure its nothing to worry about but its good to get checked for assurance. Its very common and totally normal for funeral height to decrease at term as baby engages and moves deeper into your pelvis.

I had a growth scan at 40 weeks with my first as well for the same reason - I had always measured 3-4 weeks behind at every appointment, had no increase at all at 38 weeks and at 40 weeks had decreased 1 or 2 cm to 34cm. Scan showed a slightly small but not worryingly so baby so they were happy and 10 days later she came out weighing 8lbs and over 21" long so she was just good at hiding ;). I hope its the same,e for you.
I

Jenny praying for you and thinking of you xx please keep us updated...I was thinking the same as NDH??Could be because the babies head has engaged etc? Please keep us updated hun xxxx

I just came back from my appointment very emotional.I got to have a membrane sweep but my blood pressure is raised more than normal and I have been seeing white spots as well as swollen hands...I just chalked it up to being overdue etc..discussed the ivf pregnancy not going too overdue as well having the spd the pelvic pain and being on crutches.The midwife at first was shocked that I had not been kept under consultant care but since I have moved home and therefore hospital it seems that I have slipped the net and the care that could have been taken hasn't been done.

I don't want to be induced as I have planned my birth out in my head you know gentle calm home style birth at the hospital lol but at this stage and given the blood pressure the white spots which I will be monitored for over the next couple of days..they have decided to induce me on Saturday if this sweep does not work .

Ladies please can you keep me in your prayers as I feel like so much is happening and it's all things I didn't plan for or expect ...they don't tell you to plan for things not going as you would expect ...I'm kinda praying that the thought of induction will cause the baby to take the hint and head for the nearest exit lol xx

Praying for both of you.

Bree I have yet to have a birth go as I planned lol. On my 1 induction the gel put me into Labour on 3rd attempt but that was the only intervention. So still a very unmedicated Labour.

Praying for both of you.

Bree I have yet to have a birth go as I planned lol. On my 1 induction the gel put me into Labour on 3rd attempt but that was the only intervention. So still a very unmedicated Labour.

:) Thanks hun xx I really can't choose can I ? God has written a birth plan for me so I have got to just surrender to it ..

When I finally got to speak to the head midwife she did say yes they don't like for ivf pregnancies to go on for too long and there has been alot of miscommunication concerning my care which makes me know that God is definitely watching over my baby because if I didn't know that piece of information no one would have ever mentioned or bought it up...This faith walk is really real to me today ...

Absolutely hun I've seen God's hand so many times with labour that I'm determined not to stress over the details this time.

jenny- I'm praying everything is ok! :hugs:

bree- I had heard that ivf babies are more likely to miscarry or are stillborn and even though it doesn't make sense to me in my head, there must be some reason for it. I absolutely agree that God has you and baby in His perfect care. fwiw I had to be induced with two babies and both times it was wonderful experiences. I prayed through both of them and I know it was God's plan for them. He was with me the whole time and He will be with you as well. :hugs:

jenny- I'm praying everything is ok! :hugs:

bree- I had heard that ivf babies are more likely to miscarry or are stillborn and even though it doesn't make sense to me in my head, there must be some reason for it. I absolutely agree that God has you and baby in His perfect care. fwiw I had to be induced with two babies and both times it was wonderful experiences. I prayed through both of them and I know it was God's plan for them. He was with me the whole time and He will be with you as well. :hugs:

Thanks hun this is so comforting to hear as alot of people associate induction with doom lol I guess I'm learning that when it comes to your own baby everything you want to happen just goes out the window and you just want what is best for the baby xx

Thanks for the concern everyone!
Looks like baby is still okay and about 7 pounds!
Bree, I will be hopping the induction train with u if my baby is not here next Friday! I would be getting induced and that's my birthday lol

Thanks for the concern everyone!
Looks like baby is still okay and about 7 pounds!
Bree, I will be hopping the induction train with u if my baby is not here next Friday! I would be getting induced and that's my birthday lol

Awww brilliant!! 7 pounds is a good weight thank God she is ok !! Lol well come aboard my friend if the Lord wills lol induction on your birthday LOL thas adorable thas gonna be one birthday you won't ever forget :D unless she decides to come sooner lol

Well a change in plans, my doctor called at 10 tonight to tell me apparently the babies head and femur are measuring smaller than the rest of her body! My last scan was at 36 weeks and everything was ok!

Long story short I am being induced tomorrow or Friday! I am so scared and worried for my baby girl!

I do need some prayers again :-(

Prayers again Jenny. I had to be induced once in a semi-emergency situation so I know how you feel. At least they are getting her out. She will be ok!!! :hugs:

Well a change in plans, my doctor called at 10 tonight to tell me apparently the babies head and femur are measuring smaller than the rest of her body! My last scan was at 36 weeks and everything was ok!

Long story short I am being induced tomorrow or Friday! I am so scared and worried for my baby girl!

I do need some prayers again :-(

Jenny praying for you & baby girl ...can't imagine the stress your under right now but a colleague was told similar thing about her babies head and the baby came out perfectly healthy.Praying the same for your baby girl xx Please keep us updated !! Xxxxxx

Hey Ladies

I'm finally a mommy 3 years after starting this thread lol Yaay I'm so happy!! Baby River was born on Saturday 27th June (no induction needed ) He weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces and is just super adorable I'm in love ��thanks for prayers ladies they have literally kept me going thru this entire journey!!!

Congratulations Bree! Over the moon for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->