• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas and New Year Baby Buddies!!

How are you all getting on with the heat? its just way to hot for me to be out.

not long now until the next scans for us all :D

Anyone taking bump pictures yet? x

I'm going to start taking bump pics on monday, when i'm 19 weeks, and then i'll try and take one every week, so I can see that changes.

Its been pretty hot here too, 30c with lots of thunderstorms, and even some tornadoes, luckily no tornados close to my house! Its been crazy weather! Two trees in our backyard were blown over by the wind. I was very sad to see them go :(

Hey all!

My bump is growing and growing. Looking pretty pregnant now!

I'm in Spain, it's hot but think its hotter in the UK. We've even had rain. Can't believe the uk had a heat wave start the day I leave the country.

Janers, those storms sound pretty bad, im glad we dont get much like that here especially the tornadoes, i kept waking up last night it was just so stuffy!

Hope your having fun in spain bean :)

Scans getting close now ladies!!!

Hi...

I just got home from the hospital yesterday....

On Thursday when I woke up around 4:30am( I get up early for work), I noticed a very light pink discharge in my underwear(sorry if TMI). It was a very small amount and must have happened over night. It wasn't brown or red like period blood. I didn't think it was a big deal, but my husband said to leave a message with my doctor bc I also had light cramps. Well, when the nurse called back around 9am she said to go to Labor and Delivery at the hospital.

I was so nervous, bc I wasn't expecting an answer like that. They admitted me to the hospital and did my blood work and an ultra sound. They also checked the baby's heartbeat and checked me for contractions. The baby's heartbeat was normal and I wasn't having contractions. When my Dr. came in (it was actually my Doctor... luck for me he was on rotation at the hospital that day) he said they found something on the ultra sound called a "retro grade placental bleed". A small part of my placenta was bleeding...
Also, my blood work came back positive for a small amount of fetal blood cells in my blood. They said I had to stay overnight. :nope:

Friday morning they did my blood work again and another ultra sound. The baby was normal and moving around nicely. They said the placental bleed was stable, and my blood work came back negative for fetal blood cells in my blood... so I was able to go home! :happydance: Downside is that I'm on bed rest until an appointment with my Dr. on Monday. Hopefully, all will be well until then. They said it takes awhile to heal , and the only way to heal is to rest and take it easy. I have no idea how this happened... or what caused it. I've never even heard of retro grade placental bleed!! I'm so thankful my baby is safe and healthy!

How scary for you kels fingers crossed it heals up nicely and stays that way. Take it nice and easy x x

Oh gosh Kels. Sorry to hear that but so pleased LO is ok. Rest up good. I've heard of placental bleeds but not retrograde? Do they mean behind placental?

It's good they checked it out. Usually with light spotting they say it is normal. I had a little on the day of my 17week midwife appointment but we think that was from bding 2 days before. Midwife wasn't concerned and it's not happened since.

Was it good to see LO again? Have you had your anomaly scan?

How is everyone else?

I am good, had a lovely holiday although it was difficult as times. My SIL not only had me to cope with but also happy families everywhere. She was great for the first few days but then became very quite and moody. It was very hard as pregnancy/children was such a taboo subject. My heart breaks for them. I have definitely 'popped', which didn't help. Went looking bloated, came back looking pregnant!

Can't wait for my scan on Wednesday. Can't believe we are half way!! Anyone else getting ligament pain. Sometimes it can be quite bad. I know it's normal, but it can hurt!

Bump pics at 16/17 weeks and 19/20 weeks.

Attachments

• BUMP 16:17 Wks.jpg
    BUMP 16:17 Wks.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
  • BUMP 19:20 Wks.jpg
    BUMP 19:20 Wks.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 3
Lovely bump bean definitely see a change! Your little cat got in on the photo too :D

Heidi- Thanks I'm taking it easy! Although I'm bored out of my mind staying in bed/ laying on the couch ;)

Bean- Yes , I believe retrograde means "behind the placental".
I'm glad they checked it out and that we caught it right away! Scary to think what could have happened if I didn't call. I'm glad you haven't had any spotting since your 17wk. It's quite scary when it happens as you never really know what to think/do.

I've been having scans every 2 weeks so I get to see LO often! I just had my 20 week anomaly scan this past Monday and all was well no issues with my placenta at that time. So this bleed must have happened shortly after the scan or maybe even Wed. night while I was sleeping since I noticed the light spotting Thursday morning.
During the 2nd scan at the hospital LO was putting his hand in front of his face and burying his face into my back. I think he was trying to say "ENOUGH!" "No MORE PICTURES!" It was very cute, finally he gave up and we were able to see his face.

Love your bump pics! You've popped for sure!!! So exciting! :) Good luck with your scan! :)

Kels: That is scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok! Keep taking it easy!

Lovely bump bean definitely see a change! Your little cat got in on the photo too :D

Thanks!! Haha Hadn't noticed the cat. One of my fur babies!

Heidi- Thanks I'm taking it easy! Although I'm bored out of my mind staying in bed/ laying on the couch ;)

Bean- Yes , I believe retrograde means "behind the placental".
I'm glad they checked it out and that we caught it right away! Scary to think what could have happened if I didn't call. I'm glad you haven't had any spotting since your 17wk. It's quite scary when it happens as you never really know what to think/do.

I've been having scans every 2 weeks so I get to see LO often! I just had my 20 week anomaly scan this past Monday and all was well no issues with my placenta at that time. So this bleed must have happened shortly after the scan or maybe even Wed. night while I was sleeping since I noticed the light spotting Thursday morning.
During the 2nd scan at the hospital LO was putting his hand in front of his face and burying his face into my back. I think he was trying to say "ENOUGH!" "No MORE PICTURES!" It was very cute, finally he gave up and we were able to see his face.

Love your bump pics! You've popped for sure!!! So exciting! :) Good luck with your scan! :)

How come you are having scans every 2 weeks. Sorry if you have already said before. Will you carry on having regular scans? Does the doctor think another bleed is possible? As heidi say's rest and definitely no lifting. Do you know if they think it can be from something you've done? My job is very physical, it does make me worry! Sorry so many questions.

Janers - How are things with you?

Bean- I don't think I've mentioned why I'm having scans every 2 weeks before. I don't mind the questions! It's actually because they are monitoring my cervix length throughout the entire pregnancy. I had a procedure done in '08 called LEEP(it removes pre-cancerous cells from the cervix. I had one abnormal pap smear) All paps have been normal ever since, but bc of the procedure they wanted to monitor my cervix more closely to make sure I can carry to term. So far it's been perfect... no issues at all. So when I go every two weeks they do a vaginal ultra sound to measure my cervix, and they also take a look at the baby with a regular ultra sound. It's so nice and comforting to see LO every two weeks.

I work as a nanny taking care of two kids-- 2 and 5. I rarely lift the 2 yr old.. bc we've been working on her doing things on her own(walk up and down the stairs, climb in and out of her car seat on her own etc),but I do lift her once in awhile. Other than that I don't really do any heavy lifting, so I'm not sure what caused it. The Dr. couldn't really tell me what caused it. I'm going to ask more questions when I go to my appointment on Monday. I'm very worried about being on bed rest for a long period of time. I need the income... :) Hopefully, that won't be the case. If it is we will just have to make the best of it as it would be what's best for LO. Trying to stay positive!!! :)

I'm doing well! Super busy this last little while! I have my first ever ultrasound on August 14, at which time (if baby cooperates) we'll find out the gender!

I'm planning our nursery (haven't started yet) and I have so many ideas!

My SIL just had a baby (her 2nd), which is fab i'm so excited for her. But.... she named her baby girl Natalie, which was the name my hubby and I fell in love with. So i'm not going to lie I'm super disappointed. That name has been on our list for so long, and we loved it! I was very attached to it. My SIL said she forgot that was our #1 choice (a couple months ago we had the discussion), and I don't blame her.

How exciting Janers bet you cant wait for your first scan and see your little bubs.
I'm sure you will find the perfect name for you little one once you know what your having, but saying that though i never used any of the names i had on my list for my DD none of them suited her!

Good luck for your scans tomorrow ladies :D I'm soooo excited i just want today to go quickly! x

Had my 20 week scan girls. Well my baby was breech and shy so facing down, had to go toilet and have a sugary drink. It worked and all tests were done, everything is looking good and we are having a BOY!! :happydance: saw his little willy! I'm so happy, a son! Amazing xx

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/86279e30.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Fantastic profile shot! Congrats on team blue! x

Here are two pictures from the scan when I was in the hospital last Thursday(I was 20 weeks). The first one LO put his hand in front of his face "No more pictures please!!" The 2nd one is kind of creepy/adorable at the same time. It's 4D so the facial features are clearer. Can't wait to see what he will really look like in December!!! I have an appointment with maternal fetal medicine tomorrow , so they can re-check the area where the retro placental bleed was. Hopefully, they say all looks perfect and I can get back to work on Friday! Sitting around this week has been driving me crazy!!

Looking forward to seeing your 20 week scan pictures ladies!!! :)

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 7
Cute pics Oceanpearl and Kels...!! Congrats on team blue!
Hope everything is fine with u Kels. Take care and take it easy. My prayers.
I had my scan yesterday. Everything is fine. They said i have an anterior placenta so may only be able to feel the kicks a little later. We are still team yellow :) I agree with Kels, my pic also looks a mix of cute creepiness.
:hug: to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->