Christmas chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
116 sleeps? that's mad. Not to mention the fact that I've got to have a baby between now and then!!!

Jenny, I didnt know you have an angel sister. :hugs: I have one too, my girls are buried with her. I didnt have any of that with my girls either, luckily I knew to take in a camera and stuff but other wise I would of walked out with the three photos of Honey and nothing from Riley Rae.

I don't know if I ever shared with you what happens here. I know I did it on Sands? We have a charity called Simba in the hospital who give you a memory box before you leave hospital. The MWs all know about it and sort it out. They have birth certificates, hand and foot print certificates, a blanket of love. They also arrange for professional standard photos to be taken in the hospital and send you these and the CD. The box itself is gorgeous and also includes all information you need about accessing support once you leave the hospital. They have a family room which is weher we slept after Bobo died. You can choose to have your baby with you and they have a moses basket there for you. They now have a Tree of Tranquility where you can add a bronze leaf in memory of your baby. It is beautiful.
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii286/lc2222_photo/017-5.jpg

https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii286/lc2222_photo/022-5.jpg

I can't explain in words how wonderful they are. It was set up by a MW at Simpsons which is where I have had both my babies. They started here but have spread to quite a few hospitals in Scotland. In all honesty it is the model which should be adopted by every hospital in the UK.

https://www.simbacharity.org.uk/

Thats really lovely. If only they did that everywhere.

AWW but what if they dont!! where do we turn to????
oh god what if they open it 1st Oct another month to wait!!!!!!!!

i love the tree idea hun, they really should do that everywhere... isnt it odd how so many of us christmas loving mama's have some kind of charity we gun for?

blah you're supposed to be resting- get your backside in bed misses!

Right ladies I am off now! Was supposed to be doing ironing but got roped in lol.

Donna remember to live profile me at 12am! I shall look at my phone when I turn over in bed :rofl:

I shall be thinking of what my posts can be in the GROTTO! I will be on as soon as I get to work.

xx

Thank you everyone. The tree is beautiful. We chose to have Bobo cremated so don't have a grave to visit and visit there instead. It is in a beautiful park and is just the most beautiful memorial. They should do it everywhere. Simba just get it so right. I find it heartbreaking when I hear of ladies leaving hospital without even having a photo.

L that is gorgeous. I am going to look into it, and see if we can get anything like that done here, even if I raise the money my self.

My christmas tree lights have been ordered, they come of Friday so that will be the day the tree go's up :happydance:

ive actaully made a list of threads to have.....is that sad??? lol

im laying on the couch :( too much effort to move plus it means il need to take my makeup off and brush my teeth, waah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"