Christmas cleaning

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
Who else does a clean before Christmas? We're in the middle of redecorating our son's room so it's a bit of a nightmare here right now. It's mostly papered so I'm going to move his furniture back in today/tomorrow as I want to bring the toy storage units upstairs to make room for the Christmas toys. I've done a deep clean of our room and I'm forever battling the clutter downstairs :dohh:

The other things I want to get done is to declutter the dining room otherwise we're eating on our laps. I also need to clean the fridge today as I have my food shop arriving tomorrow. I have a big cupboard in my hallway as extra storage so I need to tidy up in there too to store extra drinks etc. Other than that it's just the general day to day cleaning to stay on top of things. I would like to get the airing cupboard sorted but that's not going to happen before christmas.

How are you all doing? I procrastinate a lot so would like someone to check in with to keep me going!

I try, buuuut... haven't even done anything at all this year as all of us have been ill the last week (not at the same time) so it will be a general tidy when the girls are at their dads on Saturday and that will have to do. When I do it properly it never stays that way for long anyway, so I'm sure we'll be just fine this year lol x

I've done all 3 bedrooms, all 3 bathrooms, the landing and stairs and half the kitchen.
I have the living room and the dining room half of the kitchen to do today. Then brush and mop downstairs.
I'll quickly wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen on Saturday and brush and mop again then that's it.

I like doing a big clean before Christmas. I hoover the whole house, change the beds and duvet covers and just lots general cleaning :)

I am trying and failing. Our house is too small and we ( actually the kids) have way too much stuff. Managed to bribe the kids into helping me tidy today, so living room carpet is now visable.

I try, buuuut... haven't even done anything at all this year as all of us have been ill the last week (not at the same time) so it will be a general tidy when the girls are at their dads on Saturday and that will have to do. When I do it properly it never stays that way for long anyway, so I'm sure we'll be just fine this year lol x

I don't blame you I hope you're all feeling better!

I've done all 3 bedrooms, all 3 bathrooms, the landing and stairs and half the kitchen.
I have the living room and the dining room half of the kitchen to do today. Then brush and mop downstairs.
I'll quickly wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen on Saturday and brush and mop again then that's it.

Wow you're on top of things!! Well done!

I like doing a big clean before Christmas. I hoover the whole house, change the beds and duvet covers and just lots general cleaning :)

Oh I love a fresh bed It's the best :cloud9:

I am trying and failing. Our house is too small and we ( actually the kids) have way too much stuff. Managed to bribe the kids into helping me tidy today, so living room carpet is now visable.

Oh I know how you feel. I sold a lot of my son's toys a few weeks back yet we're still drowning in the stuff. Not to mention I just seem to be a clutter bug anyway. My cousin is a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning she would have a heart attack if she saw my house :haha:

I've been cleaning on and off since the tree went up! I did the oven and fridge late November. All bedrooms have had beds changed, toys sorted and dusted/hoovered.
I am always cleaning downstairs but have sorted the toys, kitchen cupboards etc.
Only thing I haven't done is get the windows cleaned!.
I've told the children Santa doesn't like a messy house

Thomas is due home in just under 20 minutes so I'm going to stop for a little bit.

I managed to clean the fridge so that's a major thing ticked off my list. I haven't done anything about my son's room. I think it will have to wait until Christmas eve so my husband can give me a hand. We stay home Christmas eve so we will have plenty of time.

I cleaned the downstairs bathroom but I give that a wipe over every day anyway. Did the usual stuff like hoovering, mopping, dishwasher, washed bedding so I can put fresh sheets on later and now I'm washing a load of towels.

Tomorrow I really need to wrap the rest of the presents.

It sounds like you had a really productive day. Well done! :)

I've been cleaning on and off since the tree went up! I did the oven and fridge late November. All bedrooms have had beds changed, toys sorted and dusted/hoovered.
I am always cleaning downstairs but have sorted the toys, kitchen cupboards etc.
Only thing I haven't done is get the windows cleaned!.
I've told the children Santa doesn't like a messy house

I did the oven a few weeks back too so that will last until after Christmas. My window cleaner came the beginning of the month so that's fine too. I've been doing the insides of the windows whenever I remember :haha:

I've tried to be on top of things this week. It helps this year that Scarlett will quite happily either try to help or play with her toys.
Both kids have gone with my sister so I've hoovered downstairs and mopped while my bedding is in the dryer.
Going to wash my hair now and dry it so after my bedding should be dry, I can put that back on the bed and put my clothes away, I'll put a wash on later this evening..biggest thing for me is to get the washing down!

I just tidy and clean up a bit as I go. I'd love to have a proper pre-christmas clean, but in reality I would never get chance to it.

I just tidy and clean up a bit as I go. I'd love to have a proper pre-christmas clean, but in reality I would never get chance to it.

Same here. I will try to do a deeper clean the following week if I feel up to it since I'm off work.

I’ve done the girls room today . Still need a bit more tomorrow . Done the bathroom toilet and spare back bedroom and main bedroom . Toilet and bathroom also done . Living room and front room . Just day to day cleaning now . Want to get all my clothes washing done tomorrow while DH is still off work !

I also done food shopping today ! Early night for me I think lol x

Ive been trying to tackle one room at a time this week as even doing that leaves me in pain. Will have a general tidy on xmas eve, hoover main areas, sort any dishes etc.

House was cleaned top to bottom yesterday, space cleared in playroom for new toys, wardrobes n bedrooms sorted. It's such a good feeling!

All I have to do is put some washing away and keep on top of things...we are out all day tomorrow. Christmas Eve we'll have a quick hoover and wipe down.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on all your houses! I think my house is clean but I would never spend a day cleaning, I do have a cleaner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. Do you guys live in sparkling palaces? Maybe I'm lazy :blush:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on all your houses! I think my house is clean but I would never spend a day cleaning, I do have a cleaner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. Do you guys live in sparkling palaces? Maybe I'm lazy :blush:

Lol my place is never sparkling, but it's relatively clean, no rats etc! Lol...

I clean on and off as I go really, all carpets hoovered at least once a week, wipe the kitchen down after I cook. It helps we have a dishwasher, I put everything in it including the metal bits on the cooker as I can't be asked to hand clean them. Every so often I do a deeper clean. There's a lot of clutter in my house but it's not 'dirty'

When the kids were toddlers I cleaned more than I do now (they're 7&10) because with little ones everything goes in their mouths!

God no I’m a clutter magnet :blush: my cousins home is spotless. She has 3 children - 8, 5 and almost 2. I don’t know how she does it but she would happily spend Dawn til dusk cleaning I think.

I do clean a lot because I have pets but I don’t have a spotless house.

Leonie I hope you’re ok.

I decided to deep clean one of the sofas today. It’s not as time consuming as I thought. White vinegar/water spray. I don’t saturate it so it doesn’t take long to dry (and I use a fan and dehumidifier to help it dry faster) then I put bicarb on and hoover it off. It’s worked well so I will do the other one tomorrow.

My sofa is clean but I still have lots of presents to wrap so I’m not on top of things at all :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->