Christmas cleaning

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on all your houses! I think my house is clean but I would never spend a day cleaning, I do have a cleaner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. Do you guys live in sparkling palaces? Maybe I'm lazy :blush:

Not sparkling at all, just tidy and organised. If I had a cleaner though I’d probably clean before they came in case they thought the house was a mess lol
I just like everything tidy and put away. Must admit I feel sorry for my kids as the moment they are done with something I’m putting it away. I really should be teaching them to put things away when they are done but I’m a bit of a freak with organising drawers and stuff. DH tells me off a lot because of it.

I do every year but don't know why I have bothered this year - it doesn't look like it's been done because DS1 and DS2 keep ripping through like a tornado. :growlmad:

Today and after work tomorrow I've got duvets to wash, laundry to catch up on, kitchen to tidy (again), bathroom to do, hoovering etc and it's just taking it's toll on me both physically and mentally. Being 35 weeks pregnant doesn't help the situation. :cry: But on a bright note, the boys have FINALLY done their bedroom and sorted clothing, books, cleared out the crap etc! :happydance: New furniture looks really, really good! Now to hope the room stays clean! We've told them that beds will be made every morning, the room will be tidied and hoovered each day, crap will NOT be shoved under the bunks or behind furniture, curtains opened, food and water does NOT go in, windows opened etc. We will see how we go.

I've done all 3 bedrooms, all 3 bathrooms, the landing and stairs and half the kitchen.
I have the living room and the dining room half of the kitchen to do today. Then brush and mop downstairs.
I'll quickly wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen on Saturday and brush and mop again then that's it.

The kids keep telling me when we move we need a house with 2 toilets, showers etc. I'm like 'Hell no' because I'm the b*****d that has to clean them! :rofl: It's a curse while we only have one bathroom, we have 2 toilets. Kids use one but DS2 likes peeing on the floor or not flushing so he's been told he WILL be cleaning it if the toilet needs to be scrubbed by hand as well as cleaning the floor if I see it in that state again. Needless to say, he's used the toilet like a normal person for the last week. :rofl:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on all your houses! I think my house is clean but I would never spend a day cleaning, I do have a cleaner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. Do you guys live in sparkling palaces? Maybe I'm lazy :blush:
I clean on and off as I go really, all carpets hoovered at least once a week

OMG I have to hoover at least 3 times a day! But I have always had issues with foreign objects on my feet as I don't wear shoes inside. I've been through about 5 hoovers in 10 years. The one I have now has gotten through 3 so it's done REALLY well! :rofl: Needs replacing in about 6 months though because it's getting tired. :blush:

I was really unwell and whilst unwell i let the kids pretty much away with murder so that i could nap. The day i became better i looked around and there were toys everywhere!!! Well i ended up chucking out 9 black bags of toys! I know i should have donated but the frame of mind i was in it just had to go (alot had missing bits, broken and unsellable anyway) i have 12 bags of clothes for a rag bag collection and i decluttered the kitchen.

I still havnt got a tidy house though but it feels good knowing it can be cleaned up so much faster now the toys can only get to a certain level if craziness as there is so much less.

My kids (the 3 and 1 year old especially!!) would never stay occupied for long enough for me to clean the whole house at once so I just stick to my usual tidying/cleaning and that’ll have to do ;)

I say this every year, but next year i really will be on top of the cleaning. I thought once dd starts nursery i could get loads done in the morning. But i barely get 2 hours since i started my job. And she is only at nursery for 3 hours. Next year when she is full time, i will get it done. I will. I need a bigger house, with more storage for all our crap. Thats clearly the easiest way to make this work. If any of you very organised ladies fancy organising my house, feel free to stop by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->