Christmas Countdown 2023! 0 days to go!

Hi, I’ve started my lists & trying to be more organised this yr so I can spend more time enjoying the build up :)

I struggle with the whole being organised thing. I'm usually too organised, done too early, and then keep accidentally buying extra gifts throughout December. Last year I was less organised and ended up panicking about being ready in time. I mean, I was, us mums always pull it together don't we? But still I was stressed and I don't do stress at Christmas.

I have already resigned myself to the fact this Christmas wont be our most extravagant. The girls don't really want much but gadgets (laptop or ipad).

My eldest and I are going to Florida next April for a competition and our mortgage ends so; christmas is going to feel a little tight this year...Still we will make the most of it and we always enjoy the lead up

Same here hun ,I love going all out even though it’s just four of us . But they’re raising our rent this year in October we’re pretty far out from any sort of shopping area so most of our gifts are usually online shopping or Amazon and that can get pretty expensive with shipping . But if I start early enough and get a few things here and there we should be okay . :haha:

It's definitely different as they start out growing toys etc I'll be so sad when I don't have any little ones anymore. I don't think mine need anything "big" this year so will be all little bits and pieces which is fine for the younger ones when you can get little toys, lego, accessories to toys they already have, but the little bits are the bits I struggle finding for the eldest two.

Hello Ladies, feeling the nip in the air this morning and it made me think of Christmas and this group I love coming to every year! I hope you are all well!

This year will be a bit different as my youngest is officially out of the toy era :-(
My oldest (18) who still lives at home does collect things like old hot wheels etc so I may have some ‘toys’ to buy lol
But will probably be mainly video games/bags/clothes etc
We will see what they request in the coming months. I really want to enjoy the lead up to Christmas this year though and focus more on doing things together than the gift side of things, they’re all getting older and trying to make the most ot it while they’re home :cry:

looking forward to hanging out with you all again this year :)

Hello Ladies, feeling the nip in the air this morning and it made me think of Christmas and this group I love coming to every year! I hope you are all well!

This year will be a bit different as my youngest is officially out of the toy era :-(
My oldest (18) who still lives at home does collect things like old hot wheels etc so I may have some ‘toys’ to buy lol
But will probably be mainly video games/bags/clothes etc
We will see what they request in the coming months. I really want to enjoy the lead up to Christmas this year though and focus more on doing things together than the gift side of things, they’re all getting older and trying to make the most ot it while they’re home :cry:

looking forward to hanging out with you all again this year :)

I feel ya! There comes a point when you wonder how many more you've got with them all at home right? My eldest is looking at Uni and it really makes me feel that time slipping away. Before we know it they'll be wanting to spend the day with their partners in their own home or partners families and taking it in turns between the parents.

Hi Grotto friends! I can't believe we're in the "ber" months. I feel like it's going to be a stressful Christmas this year money wise for me. I need to downsize our stuff before baby comes this winter too. So a smaller Christmas this year.

my golly 100 is getting so so close and from there it will be xmas in a snap of the fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->