Christmas Countdown 2023! 0 days to go!

Hi guys!!!!
It’s good to be back. I’ll be full Christmas mode after we get home from our 2 week break in October (we go to Devon first 2 weeks every year)
So for now just picking up bits. Home bargains has the CUTEST Christmas bits in!

Hi guys!!!!
It’s good to be back. I’ll be full Christmas mode after we get home from our 2 week break in October (we go to Devon first 2 weeks every year)
So for now just picking up bits. Home bargains has the CUTEST Christmas bits in!

Welcome back! Have a great time in Devon :)

Dh was saying the other day that home bargains has loads in already

Omg double digits. Where is this year going? I was a bit cheeky and looked ahead at Christmas week on the rota and I'm doing the late on Christmas eve. If I had the choice between Christmas eve and boxing day I'd choose Christmas eve, but I'd rather do the morning, this way I going to miss out of basically all of Christmas eve. I think I'm just going to have to do some of the things we usually do the day before or whenever I get the chance in that week leading up to Christmas and hope it doesn't confuse everyone too much.

Omg double digits. Where is this year going? I was a bit cheeky and looked ahead at Christmas week on the rota and I'm doing the late on Christmas eve. If I had the choice between Christmas eve and boxing day I'd choose Christmas eve, but I'd rather do the morning, this way I going to miss out of basically all of Christmas eve. I think I'm just going to have to do some of the things we usually do the day before or whenever I get the chance in that week leading up to Christmas and hope it doesn't confuse everyone too much.

Ah that's pants. Is there nobody to swap with? HB was always closed on Boxing Day so I'd always opt to work Christmas Eve (closed early so didn't mind the late) to get 27th off instead :-$ My Christmas rota for my new job has me off from 23rd and back 29th due to shift patterns which I am not complaining about! It'll be the first time in 8 years of having a Christmas together where neither of us are working the week.

Nope, of the 5 members of management 1 is on holiday the entire week, the other 2 are on boxing day and I don't want to work boxing day instead, then there's me and the store manager on Christmas eve and she's obviously the one who did the rota so has put herself on the morning instead for a reason. I'm doing 12-9pm!
I agree that I shouldn't get special treatment for having kids and think it's fair enough that the rule is that you've got to work one of the days over Christmas, but it's such a long shift and finishes so late.

Gosh that sucks, I am so sorry, that really is late.
I have no idea what our rota is like but I thiiiink we are closed boxing day. FX!! No idea about xmas eve though. Our rotas get done about 2 or 3 weeks in advance, unless you want to book a holiday. I am not sure I am entitled to one for over xmas. :/

We are closed on boxing day and new year, but I know when I was at the Co Op it only closed Christmas day

Hi everyone, can't believe we're here again. I am really going to struggle this Christmas as both my dad and aunt passed away recently but we have to keep on going for the kids don't we?

Hi everyone, can't believe we're here again. I am really going to struggle this Christmas as both my dad and aunt passed away recently but we have to keep on going for the kids don't we?

Hi hun, so sorry for your losses. Thinking of you :hugs::hugs:

Yeah we are literally only closed Christmas day. Our rotas only show on our shifts app 3 weeks at a time but as a member of management I have access to the back office and while not all rotas up to December are complete that weeks has been done well in advance. It sucks, but I've just got to get over myself. I know that there are other jobs where people miss Christmas day itself so I'm lucky in that way.

Hey sequeena, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that the Christmas spirit will still find you and help you through.

Hi Ladies
Birthday week is over . Time to start thinking all things Festive and Christmas .
The girls are so hard to buy for now. Dd1 (11) will be fine with clothes, skincare and little bits but Dd2 has such random interests and they change constantly. I don't think I'll be able to get a list together for a while yet.

I am with alot of you though on actually enjoying the season rather than all the gifts. I want to enjoy wrapping up and going to all the little fairs and markets, watching films and playing games.

Nice to see you all back and in full Christmas mode xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->