Christmas countdown - 89 days to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah no!! Could you not have had a window taken out to get it in?

Happy Sofa Day motherofboys!! Can finally crack on with the Christmas decs!

This is crazy fast!

I think I'm getting the pre-Christmas blues. The girls have had to 'move in' mine and OH's bedroom for the past month due to house structural damage which is getting worse with the rain, which has affected both of their bedrooms, all the presents are in the room with them bar a couple stored in DD2's. I want to be able to get their beddings sorted and trees in their rooms (they're currently downstairs with the main one). I still haven't done the big clear out yet because everything from the bedrooms is all over the house.

Oh no. That must be hard. Will the work get done in time. Even without Christmas looming works on a house are hard work.

Definetly feeling Christmas blues here....I just feel everything that can go wrong is :-(

Oh C1403 I'm so sorry to hear that! We have this crazy image of absolute perfection in the house for Christmas. The last in wilko was even laughing about it the other day, how many people clean the oven right before Christmas. We put so much pressure on ourselves and it's bound to raise tensions. I hope that once Christmas is out of the way you can find something you love. Don't let it spoil your day. We did a similar thing a few years ago so I know how much you bank on it, but as long as you have somewhere to sit that's the main thing.

Ah crap!!! that totally sucks!!! :(

My living room is finally decorated and the fireplace is going in tomorrow and I cant wait!, If I have the energy tomorrow evening the tree is finally going up!. It will be Sunday at the latest, I cant wait!!. Not feeling very festive right now but fingers crossed that will change once the tree is up!.

Oh C1403 I'm so sorry to hear that! We have this crazy image of absolute perfection in the house for Christmas. The last in wilko was even laughing about it the other day, how many people clean the oven right before Christmas. We put so much pressure on ourselves and it's bound to raise tensions. I hope that once Christmas is out of the way you can find something you love. Don't let it spoil your day. We did a similar thing a few years ago so I know how much you bank on it, but as long as you have somewhere to sit that's the main thing.

You are totally right. I set these really high expectations, make so many plans etc and it's the silly little things we enjoy the most (like using spare wrapping paper to make a pretend christmas).

Law night we made a den out of cushions and blankets, the girls loved it and I got them to actually read some books (they hate reading).

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now. Got our family panto trip tomorrow so just going to try and enjoy myself x

Totally almost got busted. Girls came downstairs all cheeky....with a bag of chocolate coins in their hands.

Asked where they came from and they said my bedroom cupboard.

I told them off and said they were for their teachers not them. They're actually for Xmas Eve.

The Xmas Eve bag is just sat at the front of the cupboard so they only looked through that....luckily the presents are further back in boxes and covered up.

Just shosh these children are sneeky little things. I tried not to make a huge fuss as that might make them look again but I need to get stuff wrapped asap just incase they snoop again.

Do you have any sneeky children lol

Oh dear! Last year Holly opened the door of the big store room cupboard I keep the presents in, so I fitted a lock that she can't reach!

Oh dear! Last year Holly opened the door of the big store room cupboard I keep the presents in, so I fitted a lock that she can't reach!
Wow so close..... At the moment it doesn't have a door (had to take it off to fit the carpet) but I'm telling DH we need a door and lock for next year!

Ah crap!!! that totally sucks!!! :(

My living room is finally decorated and the fireplace is going in tomorrow and I cant wait!, If I have the energy tomorrow evening the tree is finally going up!. It will be Sunday at the latest, I cant wait!!. Not feeling very festive right now but fingers crossed that will change once the tree is up!.

Aww bet you're so excited x

I'm glad you're feeling more positive. The den sounds fun.
I've got a huge box that I can't hide and it's just at the end of the bed and ds4 has asked what's in there. Other than that we've been good, apart from the year ds1 and 2 ate all the chocolates off the tree and denied it, despite being covered in chocolate. I remember when I was old enough to know better and knew my mum kept the presents in her cupboard sneaking a look and finding my furbie. God I still remember the smell of that cupboard.

I remember the smell of the cupboard where my mum used to hide my presents too! :cloud9:

Well the fire place was a disaster LOL I have to laugh, so much went wrong yesterday :haha: nothing major all first world problems really.

The mantle piece was MASSIVE way too big on boy sides of the chimney breast (never let someone else measure up for you :haha: ) and then DH broke the marble with his giant boat feet. So the whole surround went back and we just have the electric fire infront of a big whole wall in the wall!.

So I thought stuff it I'm putting my tree up. DH dropped a box out the loft and all but 1 of my ornaments smashed to pieces, I then cut my finger cleaning it up. Didn't have enough lights and couldn't find a big box of my decorations. :haha:

So I've been out today and spent way too much money on lights and decorations, but the tree is done and looks lovely, I'm really pleased with it.

I remember the smell of the cupboard where my mum used to hide my presents too! :cloud9:

My nan used to keep her decorations in the same cupboard as her water tank. The smell I recall as I child is probably damp lol but I remember the smell when we got her decorations out so well (and I can hardly smell anything)

Well the fire place was a disaster LOL I have to laugh, so much went wrong yesterday :haha: nothing major all first world problems really.

The mantle piece was MASSIVE way too big on boy sides of the chimney breast (never let someone else measure up for you :haha: ) and then DH broke the marble with his giant boat feet. So the whole surround went back and we just have the electric fire infront of a big whole wall in the wall!.

So I thought stuff it I'm putting my tree up. DH dropped a box out the loft and all but 1 of my ornaments smashed to pieces, I then cut my finger cleaning it up. Didn't have enough lights and couldn't find a big box of my decorations. :haha:

So I've been out today and spent way too much money on lights and decorations, but the tree is done and looks lovely, I'm really pleased with it.

OMG you poor thing. I'd be so upset but nice you got to have a little splurge x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back