Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

so far they're about 10 or 20 minutes apart but painful, going to see if I can sleep a little and if they get more intense I'll likely head in. I'll keep you ladies posted!

So exciting Jessica!! I really really hope this is it for you. I’ll be checking in every now and then to see if you’ve posted an update. Good luck!

Thank you, starting to feel restless and lots of pressure cannot get comfortable and having to breathe through the pain, giving it some more time and I'll wake dh up and head to the hospital since it is over an hour away... I'll let you know how I feel soon, thinking is it finally it!

Yay this is it Jess whoop whoop. I hope all goes well and I can’t wait for your update.

Got here in time and was 9 cm as soon as they checked me. Gas and air, I had a little girl, we named her Aurelia and she was born at 353 this morning. What an intense labor it was, lost a bit of blood but I should be okay! She is 8 lb 9 oz.

Whoop whoop that is fantastic news, I was worried you weren’t going to get to the hospital in time as you had an hours drive to get there, glad you made it and welcome to the world baby girl. You must be over the moon to finally have her here, the best Christmas present ever. Enjoy xx

Yes I am, so expected a boy, and was having such strong contractions when dh pulled up i couldn't even stand. I did lose a lot of blood, might have to get a transfusion but I'm actually feeling okay.
There's a massive storm we had to drive through to get here, I almost stopped at a different hospital because I wasn't sure we could make it.
I'll update as I can!

Thank you ladies, have not slept yet but finally managed some food and it felt so good to walk around after it all. I dont think I tore too bad either. I'll have to upload a pic when i get home, hopefully tomorrow!
She had to be resuscitated but perked up really fast, pushed for about 15 or 20 minutes. Never had gas and air before but it was much better than nothing. She is so far eating well. Funny enough she pooped alllll over me and several times before being weighed lol.
Not sure how or if my iron levels affected anything, but the ob told me sometimes your uterus takes time to firm up after having a few kids, it was pretty uncomfortable but she did well getting me stitched and firmed.
Cannot believe how fast it all went, but I'm so happy I got here when I did, I thought my luck would be I was only like 2 or 3 cm, but nope. They told me I could push when I needed to as soon as I got on the bed and it took awhile to get the urge, and her heart rate dropped so I had to keep going when I wasn't contracting.
I immediately asked boy or girl and was so surprised when they told me girl. Dh and the kids had been calling her by the name we picked for a boy for awhile LOL.
All in all, not bad. I just new it was going to happen last night as I saw my bloody show when I was having some irregular pains. I told all the kids to be ready. Got their stuff set up to go and dh caught me around 1 am leaning over the table. He just knew, got dressed and got us all in the car. Didn't talk the whole time as I was having all those contractions and so much wind and rain pounding the car. Kids were all excited and quiet during labor and they all got to circle around her when she was being dealt with.
Eeek, such a story! I am mostly thrilled I didn't have to get induced and i at least go to go naturally, even if not in the tub.

Congratulations Jessica!! I’m so glad you atleast got to birth her naturally without having to be induced. But scary about the blood loss and having little Aurelia resuscitated. Hope you have an easy recovery now. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Gosh what an exciting night, a little scary but I'm glad mummy and baby are all doing well and so glad you didn't need to be induced. I hope you get to go home tomorrow x

We are doing ok for now, dying to get done here, lol. I'm also so so so glad I didn't have to be induced.
Thought it was funny dh parking during the storm and me being mid contraction. Crazy I managed to get to 9 cm so quickly.
I'll let you guys know how discharge goes, I'm so tired of being cooped up already.

How is everyone doing? We were discharged yesterday morning, my milk is already in, and I'm definitely feeling emotional like I usually get at this point. I have to go slow and easy though because of my low iron levels.

What a crazy birth story Jessica! So glad all is well and that your baby girl is here and healthy :)

We're doing good. Adam is around 7lbs now and turned one month old yesterday (holy cow, how did that happen so fast?)! I've just been busy busy feeding/pumping--since he started on the bottle it is a job to get him to nurse. My goal is full time breastfeeding, but it is a challenge with him since he's used to the bottle. I'm also battling my supply... again.

I've also been busy wrapping Christmas presents. Which reminds me... I need to get off of here and finish lol!

Wow has it been a month already? And 7 lbs, that's great :D! Can't even imagine the stress of pumping constantly. Some women don't respond as well to pumps, either. As for supply, I can only suggest foods that helped me during times my own supply dipped like my period. I eat a lot of oatmeal, and try to drink mother's milk tea, I'm not sure how much it helps but I figured it didn't hurt.

Speaking of supply, mine came in last night and so far I am having issues with my older two refusing. I'm a little sad but I'll keep trying to encourage them. I take my LO down to her first check up tomorrow. She did well in all her tests. only lost about 4% of her birth weight. She is quite vocal about her dislikes already, too. Dh and I are just on cloud 9 though! All my others are excited about her as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->