Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

We are well. Just getting in the groove of things. DS will be 7 weeks old tomorrow (WHAT?? How did this happen so fast?). He did get put on reflux meds at his doctor's appointment the day after Christmas and he had a tongue tie clipped a few days ago. He seems to be improving with nursing some, but it's still a process and we are doing a lot of going back and forth between breast and bottle and the pump. Fun times.

In other news, he's getting more and more alert acting and less newborn like *sniff*. His first wonder week should be starting soon, so I'm sure it's about to get more interesting lol.

I hope everyone else is doing well with their new babies!

Hello ladies,

We are doing okay here. Aurelia had her two week check up last week and she's already gained two pounds and grew an inch, bumping her percentile up to 94 from mid 70s. She will be three weeks tomorrow! I'm doing okay, emotionally I am getting into the flow and not so on edge. My body still feels a little bogged down from the low iron, though.

Hard to believe we are all here now, I hope everyone else is doing okay too. Hope we hear from Star soon, been wondering how she's doing!

Hey ladies!

Glad to hear you are doing well with your little additions. It’s so nice to hear that all babies are growing nicely and doing so well.

Markswife I hope now with the tongue tie clipped nursing will become a lot easier for you.

Jessica I hope your iron levels increase so that you start to get back to your normal self.

Afm, I’m just so tired. Both babies are in sync at the moment which makes things a bit hard. Luckily dh is a gem and gets up with me during the night to do feeds. I’m all alone during the day but my kids help me as much as they possibly can. Don’t know how things will go once they’re back at school though.
I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. My girls will be 2 months old in 10 days! They’re so alert, cooing and tracking things. They’ve also now doubled they’re birth weight this week, so now are about 8lbs each.

Jessica, wow that's awesome that Aurelia has gained 2 lbs since birth already! Way to go mama! Adam has just gotten past the 2 lbs since birth mark in the past few days and he's 7 weeks old today, lol! But he's over 8lbs now finally and growing well :)

Sushai, yay for your girls being over 8lbs! That is amazing! Hopefully you get in a good rhythm with them. I can't imagine taking care of twins! One is hard enough sometimes! lol!

Adam is tracking things and is JUST starting to coo a little (he was this morning when I was talking to him) <3 Time is flying by too fast, though! He'll be 2 months old on the 19th.

Markswife our babies were born one day after the other, my girls will be two months on the 18th.

Funny enough mine was born on the 18th and dh has his birthday on the 18th of this month (our second ds also has a birthday on the 18th lol).

Im thinking this one is like my second ds and wanting to eat a bit more often, I'm trying to get her into a routine.

Sushai it is great they're already so big and doing well, and i know what you mean about the others helping out, it is so great when they help with little things here and there!

markswife thanks, I'm hoping she continues to grow and eat well. Time is really going by fast and it is so great your LO is growing and cooing already, woohoo!

Hi ladies :) Sounds like everyone is doing well. Our wee lass is 4 weeks old today, and is finally past her birth weight (10 lbs 11 oz). She is a sweetheart, who loves to sleep. She is so easy going, and we are all in love with her. The other kids are back in school now, but the 5 y/o has been sick, so it's still quite busy around here. Just trying to go with the flow....

4 Weeks.jpg

Hi ya Ladies!!!!!
I didn't forget about you... I just hadn't had a solid chance to get my thoughts together and post. My phone was being used to track everything baby...and didn't really have much chance to really do much else.

I've also been trying to type up my birth story to share with you all (Hoping that I remember some of the details, as I have it half typed up on my phone and never got back to it)

I hope that everyone is doing well! I missed chatting with people. Today is my first day back in the office... man it feels SO weird to be back!
I left for a holiday and came back 3 more later, and with out a belly! O_O [I even took a picture this morning as an "after baby" picture]

Let me get a few pictures loaded so I can show her off to you all.

Still working on getting my birth story up... but for now ....
Enjoy pictures of my little Girl! :happydance:

(sorry they are large so they are gonna be in spoilers)
f-j-RXV1-R9bg9-Pyt-A4-RN6-J4v-Pzwa-HBZJOa-JT0eve-NJq-Kg-Kv5-Cw-Yx8-CYfo-VQas-CRb41-Uzy6k-WF2jauqwvcc43qqp-Xl3q8i-Kw313-HI784b-Pb-Lm2h2se-KXRLcu9-X-Wc39-CC2j9e-Eyt-Z2-JSb-Hp-MAVQs6a-CJuak-OCfcz-Cj-Et-WMTemqw-Qo1i-PFKAKy1-Jwnx5x-OG1zctg-Uoj-NIv2a-FN01-FCOT-wu-L8z6ma-Ew-Cd-Zl9qa-Un-Sst-Mgm-T-Ie-HJH4q-ZYCut-Zo7-PR.jpg
T1-T3-H62z-Syz-Sq-V0kz-Ct-YLy3-MSCc-NOHRa-YFgfb-TFk-QSf6q8-PHDCLC3-Uemrcrp-Xn-Nsvzvb-MPHe3-la8-W56lg-EJAlk-Bb-E4-Ltrq2nxe608-Wlwcw-EM6-Jti-Kc-Lz872-FH6e-D2l-GE-q-Hcca-Qbwv-ZQ7e2w-Yfr-P-Rc-CY-DIMEf-K1o0-FPg5-Jv7h-Pc1yu-H5n-Lc2t-Dy1l7-AEI-jw-NXzy7ao-JCupkk-Dk-NBKINi66nfa6-A4y3q6678-ABXlx-U21qi6-RVBu3t-gy.jpg
ne-UCUYDeod-3-Rdsa-Ao2jn-Ms-G1-Ctp-Tlf-Z49-OPx-XHue-GIr-GUNFxrgt-Bn-K337navk-Vykj6plmi-Q8v7fq-Pd-Yq-Iy-Xty-YIQQu7-Ay-Clip-Wc1-G7aqy-ZAP34-KBz-VO-w-Wsi-r-XVu2azns-Vcd2-GKS3l69x-VLohdfux-Vlrm-AD2-N2g-JNzu-Lor-Nfon-H-b-ILn81z743-P8wl-Z-r-v-RNW3-IXTr3n-Zmj6orgupfmvt-IYOx5mv-MJ9-OUFVg3f-JMl-XRD3-Wc-Aycl-Mo-JUZi4.jpg
8-Cib-OS25-A9rn-Hk-OJjbo-U4q-Ujz-Ti-Du-Q-g-No-Pj-VK54y82f52-V0z8-Rj-K3n-WS1df1yohm-ruj-Oy-TYV4oc-MNd78-Zdpl7r-X0wun-Qiijdn-PAy-C9-P8-Vp-Hi-Br-JJUMy-Yx-G9-UIeyu5u-N1-USBs-WKIv-SZ1x-O9-UUvasi-Co-Nhi-DKSedu25-Ubea-Ztf1op-TZiaftej62-YBVVk-IGnl-Ph4-Y0-Vfb-HS2-OSAc-Fuq-mp-Nf-CH41akwbm-MPzyt0r0-HGCEkzk7-Tq4-Jfu9-Dfwoac.jpg

Last edited:
Star!! So glad you're doing well, can't wait to read your birth story :)

dove - sorry about your kid being sick, hopefully things calm down for you. Yaay for getting back to birth weight. She's such a cutey!!

It occurs to me I haven't uploaded pic on here, so I'll see if I can do that this morning.

Nice, I'm so glad things went smoothly for you! And lucky you did it all natural as well. I don't know if you went back and read our birth stories yet in here, but I kind of live messaged as I went into labor. i hope your recovery has gone smoothly. It's really not uncommon for higher bilirubin those first few days either, my first three were all a bit yellow, thankfully it passed quickly.

Hopefully if you're still breastfeeding it is going smoothly too??

My first dd also has the middle name Rose. Were you surprised at having a girl?

I think the worst part for me during labor is feeling that need to poop when you get down to transition, lol. I had to force myself to push this one out because her heart rate was dropping and she had to be resuscitated. Dh told me it was grotesque looking but when she came out face up the cord was all around her neck and face.

I am sending some pics in to my email and I'll upload them when I get to my desk.

I hadn't had a chance, I'll probably do that tomorrow, when I'm looking for something non-work related to do.

For the most part breastfeeding is going well. I have my 1 breast that I had surgery on not producing well. It does well if she feeds on it, or at least I hear her swallowing and it's making me think she's getting something. I can express some with it, but pumping always renders near pointless as I get maybe 2mL max! My Left is my champion. It's doing all the work. I look lop-sided cause it seriously is like 2 sizes bigger than my Right. (but whatcha gonna do when ya need to feed a baby right?! -- i have a small little booster pad that i can put in my bra if i'm feeling too self conscious about it when going out)
I have about 2 days worth of milk in the fridge, and my friend gave me probably enough to last us another month (frozen and in our deep freezer) so in case we desperately need it, we have milk! (it was to ease my mind cause i didn't think that we'd have enough to feed her when I'm away to work)

Yeah the need to poop was the indicator that baby was ready. I swear every time the checked me they escalated it. Cause when she checked me at 7-8.... it didn't even feel like 5 mins went by (my mind is on other things, but it really didn't feel like that long) Everything really did go quickly as soon as my water was broke though. I don't know if it was because of the pitocin or just plain labor... But from water breaking at 10ish to birth in 2 hours ... i call that quick! LOL
I'm proud of myself. I'm glad everything went well for me. It makes me feel confident in being able to do it again ( like i should be thinking about that already hahaha but I always wanted more than 1 kid ... so why not!)

Well .... I gotta go so I can see my little one and give her million kisses and snuggles.

Hehe, we were all talking about you while you were gone as well. We figured once you were back to work you'd be here again. I think I went last or close to it, haven't seen LadyA post here so i assume she's had hers by now. I had to watch as everyone either had a c/s or induced or went on their own. I arrived at the hospital at 9 CM, funny enough I felt like I could push when my dh was driving. He asked me why I didn't say anything the whole way about my pain and I said when you get that far into contractions you literally cannot speak. This all had to happen in the worst wind and rain storm, and I watched that clock religiously in the car to time myself. It took about an hour and a half to get there.

I'm hoping you got to have holiday treats though and the GD isn't bothering you anymore.

My iron pills are starting to bother my gut again, so I'm gonna switch back to the prenatal vitamin I was taking at the end of pregnancy. I still feel the effects of lower iron, I think my level was 7.8 when I was discharged. Not uncommon for a huge drop after all the blood loss I had, and I was told itll be about a month before I'm back to okay.

So good to hear you're having an okay time breastfeeding! And a good stash to have plus the extra you received, that's awesome. I finally broke out my pump last night. My younger son has said he doesn't like it anymore and it is for babies but my older dd is trying it out. I cried a little when ds was turned off as I so wanted to keep feeding him, but I think it's okay now. I should be proud of myself for going so many years with him really.

I swear every time they checked me they pushed it to the next cm if not more. Even when they checked me at the appointment before all this started, I felt uncomfortable afterwards, just felt odd pressure/pain (nothing I obviously can't handle)

It's funny that you had a daughter too! We were having such similar cravings!

After Caralyn was born, they released me from my diet ... and I'm telling you .... I ate a brownie or a cookie with every meal i got. Hubby's dad went and got these overly sweet bundt cakes. and I devoured it!
My sweet tooth has seriously been deprived! I've been trying not to eat nothing but junk food, but it's my vice! I try to eat something like crackers and cheese if I notice I've had too many sweets.

I'm nursing when I'm home, which is helping keep up the supply. I just hope that I can continue things and keep up with her appetite. I think funny enough how much i'm eating, it's helping maintain my weight! I'm below pregnancy weight right now! And I'm wanting to find a way to keep it off!

I haven't weighed myself yet, so I don't know how much I've lost since pregnancy, but I know I'm not down to pre-pregnancy size yet lol, that usually takes a few months especially with how much I always gain. I'm glad you are enjoying sweets again! And nursing sounds like it's going well.

My appetite is definitely not as big as it was, thankfully. My body is still healing up, and I finally looked down to see the damage last night (tmi) and I still have some stitches. I didn't tear much at all, nothing like the last three, but they are itchy just the same.

Yeah I remember being induced how it went when they checked and only 1 cm progress. So glad I didn't have that this time, LO was born just about an hour after I got to the hospital.

I have a few little stretch marks, so I didn't go completely unscathed. The only reason I know my weight is cause I've had like 3 doctor appointments since then. And I think i randomly stepped on the scale at home. (not that i trust it a ton cause it's a cheapo and our floors aren't level)

I still need to go back and find all the stories.

I've been half working, half "playing" cause my brain just can't concentrate (not that that's out of the usual) then throw in my pumping time, and I'm actually doing no work . haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->